RAAus Registration Update 10/05/13

Admin

RAAus News

This week we’re still behind the eight ball, but we are improving. Gary and Paula have not been able to be here every day, but even so, they’ve done a Stirling job at their end.

Caitlin and James are still struggling with their end as we rearrange the office and procedures we’re using. Once they’re used to the new procedures and systems though, I’m expecting to see their productivity increase remarkably. At this time as I write this, I’m hoping to have a new Tech Admin Assistant starting on Monday. The Tech Admin Assistant will be tasked with getting the filing tracking system in place straight up front. We’ve simply got to be able to find files quickly. Once we get that sorted, she/he will be able to handle the incoming query calls that are just killing me at the moment. I kid you not, it doesn’t matter that I take 20-30 calls in a day, there’s another 10-20 that get missed and let me tell you, the guys being missed are not amused. If you’re one of those people. I am sorry, but with everything that’s going on here while we fix this, I just haven’t got enough hours in my life to be able to answer everyone.

Wayne

Tech Manager.

Number of new aircraft registrations processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 72

Number of aircraft registration renewals processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 1218

Number of aircraft registration renewals processed during preceding week (ended 10/05/2013) - 42

Number of aircraft registration renewals awaiting the provision – by owners – of additional information - 74

RAAus NewsThis week we’re still behind the eight ball, but we are improving. Gary and Paula have not been able to be here every day, but even so, they’ve done a Stirling job at their end.

Caitlin and James are still struggling with their end as we rearrange the office and procedures we’re using. Once they’re used to the new procedures and systems though, I’m expecting to see their productivity increase remarkably. At this time as I write this, I’m hoping to have a new Tech Admin Assistant starting on Monday. The Tech Admin Assistant will be tasked with getting the filing tracking system in place straight up front. We’ve simply got to be able to find files quickly. Once we get that sorted, she/he will be able to handle the incoming query calls that are just killing me at the moment. I kid you not, it doesn’t matter that I take 20-30 calls in a day, there’s another 10-20 that get missed and let me tell you, the guys being missed are not amused. If you’re one of those people. I am sorry, but with everything that’s going on here while we fix this, I just haven’t got enough hours in my life to be able to answer everyone.

Wayne

Tech Manager.

Number of new aircraft registrations processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 72

Number of aircraft registration renewals processed since November 15th (when CASA reinstated our renewal approval) - 1218

Number of aircraft registration renewals processed during preceding week (ended 10/05/2013) - 42

Number of aircraft registration renewals awaiting the provision – by owners – of additional information - 74

What is the information needed that usually holds things up the most

All these updates and I still don't even know where I stand. Rego ran out 3 weeks ago. Have rang 4 times and emailed once and I still cant even find out if I am in the pile that needs more info or waiting processing. Very frustrating.

The last 2 weeks I've had off work, typically, have been the best flying weather.

Guest airsick
I am sorry, but with everything that’s going on here while we fix this, I just haven’t got enough hours in my life to be able to answer everyone.

It's a shame they don't have enough time isn't it. This isn't a slight against Wayne but he could have chosen some better words rather than tell owners of aircraft worth 10's of thousands of dollars that RAA simply doesn't have time for us.

Perhaps if they'd just produce a simple checklist of the required information they wouldn't be getting so many calls and would have some more time for things more important than member queries.

Is it really that hard? If your aircraft is type N then the information we require from you (in full) is X, Y and Z. This could be knocked up in under an hour and posted to the website to save members the hassle of having to interpret all the red tape and bureaucracy of the Tech Manual and CASA requirements. Furthermore it could be included with the renewal notice when it's sent out.

And perhaps they could take some of the $1m plus member funds in the bank and automate it so you can't submit a renewal without the required information. Surely that would assist in streamlining the process of vetting the information.

Guest Maj Millard

DSCN3500.JPG.03745495fca02a4736773b654af5de35.JPG

If this helps anyone, I have 50 of the comformity 'in-cockpit' stickers made up, (I needed one !...and I've given a few to friends) They are either in white on black, or black on yellow and read ...Quality printshop matt finish sticker, with UV protective coating.

****Wording as in attached photo........

Size is about 1.5 " by 5 "...peel and stick. They worked for me...PM me if you need one, It'll be my personal contribution towards helping to solve this mess !! I might have you send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I will return promptly...when theyre gone their gone ! one per person might work. Currently have 25 x black ones, and 26 x yellow ones......Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

My Rego paperwork and the extra photos they now require went in almost 3 weeks ago. I havent got anything in the mail yet but I did get a email on last Wednesday showing the receipt dated the 8th of May and the charge to my CC. My rego runs out in 5 days on the 18th of this month. If I have a receipt for the rego I by law am registered I would think so if my little bit of paper doesnt arrive by this Friday I am still going flying on Sunday the 19th armed with my receipt in the windscreen

Mark

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

[ATTACH=full]22268[/ATTACH]If this helps anyone, I have 50 of the comformity 'in-cockpit' stickers made up, (I needed one !...and I've given a few to friends) They are either in white on black, or black on yellow and read ...Quality printshop matt finish sticker, with UV protective coating.

****Wording as in attached photo........

Size is about 1.5 " by 5 "...peel and stick. They worked for me...PM me if you need one, It'll be my personal contribution towards helping to solve this mess !! I might have you send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I will return promptly...when theyre gone their gone ! one per person might work. Currently have 25 x black ones, and 26 x yellow ones......Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

This was on a Tecnam. I decided to snap a photo of it and this could be a variation on Maj's sticker 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Image016.jpg.d346224a2d5d56a319e36f4426801dfb.jpg

Must be still very slow going in the office. I got the CC charge info for registration on the 8th of May...today the 16th of may I got a email containing the paperwork side of the rego with a note saying that the card and a copy of what I had just been emailed will be in the mail. I doubt that will be here tomorrow and my rego would have run out on sunday the 19th. The sheet I got by email can be used in the aircraft as valid registration so I am clear to go flying this weekend and beyond. Talk about cutting it fine with the dates though. I find it interesting they charged my CC more than a week before issueing the actual paperwork

Mark

Guest mark gray

Five weeks with no registration and no communication either. If Wayne's taking 20 to 30 calls a day well he's never taken or replied to any of mine nor emails. At Natfly the Technical Manager reported they could then process between 15 and 50 renewals a day. The updates don't tell us how many ac are waiting on renewals that do have the required information. I'm even doubtful that those with deficient information have in fact been so advised. I received a letter saying my renewal wasn't even there, but when I rang and finally got them to check the mail register, I was told it had been received after all, two weeks earlier. But now I don't know what to believe because of a lack of meaningful information and I think this all stems from piss poor leadership. I am highly tee'd off to put it mildly and nothing to do with golf! MG

I have just been through the rego and re licencing process. When I finally got the two plastic cards I realised the renewal dates on the cards in twelve months didn't compensate for the two or three weeks I spent waiting. I reckon when they print the cards/process the paper work, the pilot/owner should be compensated a couple of weeks extra. Especially when he/she has put the paper work in with plenty of time to spare.

Just a thought!

• Agree 2

If you pay your licence renewal on time and renew your rego on time (providing everything is in order on your end) then just like car rego and licence you are deemed to be legal even if you have not received the paperwork in the mail. This may have to be tested in court one day with the RAA certificate.

I have been grounded since 20th March despite sending photos on the 1 st March. Only to be told we need a weight and balance report (this happened when I enquired about the progress the week before Natfly) Got one done sent it off. Talked to the new General Manager two weeks ago the application was now waiting to be signed off by the CASA rep.Since then nothing. No replies to my last two emails. Sixty days grounded and counting to re register an aircraft with almost 500 hours on it.I dont care who administers the system CASA Raa whatever I would like to go flying again sooner rather than later.

If you pay your licence renewal on time and renew your rego on time (providing everything is in order on your end) then just like car rego and licence you are deemed to be legal even if you have not received the paperwork in the mail. This may have to be tested in court one day with the RAA certificate.

I wouldn't count on that defence...if you were involved in an accident you would have to show that you complied with the regs and my memory is that you must carry proof of your certificate and must display your rego tag. These are strict liability matters.

Kaz

• Agree 1

Guest mark gray

David, I've been waiting about 6 weeks now too. The news I'm getting is the situation down there is dysfunctional but they (renewals) are dribbling through. Apparently there is a bottleneck with the CASA/consultant setup, but I'm not exactly sure. Don't feel alone, they don't reply to my emails or phone either. Presumably they are putting their efforts into the paperwork and communication with the members would take up too much time. Board members (Qld) don't know either and cant help. We have a new GM but he seems to have gone to ground. I think more frequent and sensible updates would ease some of the frustration. I'm surprised that there isn't more comment on the forum about it and assume most have their registration or maybe don't fly. So here's hoping!

I sent in the paper work for a aircraft transfer from the previous owners name into my name a few months ago (mid march) . I have not heard anything at all from them. But I am not sure if I am supposed to hear from them or not. The aircraft is still registered until September. The way things are going with the RAA, I may have sold it on by its rego renewal date.

So with my renewal due in September, I should do the paperwork and send it all in June, do you think? Its not rocket science is it!!!!!!

• Informative 1

So with my renewal due in September, I should do the paperwork and send it all in June, do you think? Its not rocket science is it!!!!!!

There may need to be a fee increase between now and then to cover the duplicated paperwork that has to be prepared, packed and posted under the current regime, so your payment will be insufficient by the time it gets processed.

• Like 1

Received, checked, stamped, reviewed, noted, rechecked, restamped, edited, unedited, shuffled, itemised, read, annotated, checked, re reviewed, Passed on, stamped, entered and signed.

Now on day 2...............

(and their not even the public service.)

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

I wouldn't count on that defence...if you were involved in an accident you would have to show that you complied with the regs and my memory is that you must carry proof of your certificate and must display your rego tag. These are strict liability matters.Kaz

Kaz I understand what you are saying however it is also a requirement (In most states) that you carry your drivers licence with you and have your number plates attached whilst driving a car, and there are penalties for not doing so, but any insurance company would be hard pressed to knock back a subsequent claim if at the time of an incident you weren't carrying your drivers licence with you and your plates were in the mail. There is an encumrancy that the RAA process renewals seamlessly provided that the holder makes payment to that organisation for such renewal. I appreciate what you are saying, however I think that the point of law would be an interesting argument in court. If this thing is not sorted out in a timely manner we may very well see how that argument goes. Just my thoughts. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Caution 1

Kaz I understand what you are saying however it is also a requirement (In most states) that you carry your drivers licence with you and have your number plates attached whilst driving a car, and there are penalties for not doing so, but any insurance company would be hard pressed to knock back a subsequent claim if at the time of an incident you weren't carrying your drivers licence with you and your plates were in the mail. There is an encumrancy that the RAA process renewals seamlessly provided that the holder makes payment to that organisation for such renewal. I appreciate what you are saying, however I think that the point of law would be an interesting argument in court. If this thing is not sorted out in a timely manner we may very well see how that argument goes. Just my thoughts. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Hi Biggles

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that having sent your money is no guarantee that the licence renewal or registration has been processed. All good with the insurer if they have been stamped and sealed, even if the regulator is miffed, but if they haven't....

Kaz

Got a call from the Tech manager's wife today (sorry, I can't recall her name) re, my rego. She was very friendly but unable to give an estimate of when my renewal might get reviewed prior to sending to me. I'm on the countdown, 11 days till my rego runs out and I haven't got the renewal notice yet. Looks like I'll be grounded for a while. Unfortunately she wasn't even able to tell me whether they're gaining ground on the rate of renewals, but I got the impression they aren't.

One interesting point in our discussion was my suggestion that they publish the checklists they're using to vet the info required for the rego files, on their website. She thought that was a good idea and promised to pass that on to Wayne. If they did that, it would help us figure out what they're likely to ask for and gather the required info ahead of them asking for it. It won't solve the problem of regos coming up for renewal faster than they can process them, but they're looking to put on extra staff to help with that. In the mean time it seems... we wait...grounded.

I sent in the paper work for a aircraft transfer from the previous owners name into my name a few months ago (mid march) . I have not heard anything at all from them. But I am not sure if I am supposed to hear from them or not. The aircraft is still registered until September. The way things are going with the RAA, I may have sold it on by its rego renewal date.

Just checked my email and there is a receipt for $65 from RAA for the rego transfer fee. Good stuff. So by the looks, it has taken about 8 or 9 weeks. In my case, the transfer wasn't critical as the aircraft is still registered until Sept. But it is nice to know that it is in my name now. 019_victory.gif.9945f53ce9c13eedd961005fe1daf6d2.gif

• Like 1