Well done Doug

Tomo

Can't help but see how well Doug executed this forced landing - a big well done from me and I'll fly with you any day. His student was his utmost priority as you can see and it was nice just to see how calm and well he undertook what is a pretty scary situation. Doug and I were getting our GA licenses at the same time from what I recall.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/young-pilots-praised-for-textbook-crash-landing-at-victoria-point-abc-local.65909/

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exceptional. Very cool-headed, well judged. I particularly liked his complete disregard for the ASI (which is how it should be if you know your aircraft) and his concern for the student/pax. Also his quick attention to the Master after coming to a stop. If everyone practiced as much as he obviously has there'd be a lot less about us in the news.

• Informative 1

We may have to call them "paddockfinder" aviation - 2 in one month. Great job dougie- looked so cool the student may have as well thought it was just practice! Finally some good positive coverage by the media on channel 10 tonightYes/ agree to all the above comments .

Pathfinder aviation have had 2 in one month?

What was the other crash?

Crash? Forced landing is hardly called a crash. Did he turn the fuel tap off before landing? Make sure all is off when your done with the flaps and radio call etc. At 22 years old he would hardly be called a seasoned pilot but he acted like one.

Crash? Forced landing is hardly called a crash. Did he turn the fuel tap off before landing? Make sure all is off when your done with the flaps and radio call etc. At 22 years old he would hardly be called a seasoned pilot but he acted like one.

I was referring to the Parkinson "forced landing"

A fantastic job Doug.Does anyone know what kind of engine was under the cowling and what the problem was that caused the prop to stop? (motor seizing?)

It looks like a standard J170D airplane so I would guess the engine was a 2200cc 80HP standard jab engine.