Aus Aircraft Kits - New project

ave8rr

Is there any aviator in the know as to what the new project (BEE Free) from AAK is going to look like?

HOT NEWS AND NEW PROJECTS

BEE Free

For the budget conscious flying enthusiast AAK is pleased to announce the development of a low-cost full-metal three axis high-wing trailer-able aircraft shortly to be made available in kit form or factory built.

This aircraft is ideally suited for beginner and intermediate pilots and those wishing to fly on a very low budget. The airframe can be flown as open air cockpit or fully enclosed.

Keep watching this space for project updates and more images shortly of this exciting low cost project.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 6 months later...

I know work on the Bee Free, or project X as I call it is still going ahead although at a slower pace than we would all like due to other jobs in the factory. It would be nice to see Ole spend more time on the development of this project as well as some of his others, but he also has to pay the bills so the paying jobs must take priority. I have told him of all your interest and we hope to get some pics up here soon. Good things come to those who wait.

Cheers Scotty

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2

And it's not just the jobs in the factory that keep Ole busy, customers like myself are always coming up with ingenious ways get him out of the factory and fly out to fix one thing or another:happy:. I can't praise him enough for his customer service he is always putting his customers first:thumb up:.

Anyway I think this project could be a winner and am looking forward to seeing the end product:wink:.

• Like 2

And it's not just the jobs in the factory that keep Ole busy, customers like myself are always coming up with ingenious ways get him out of the factory and fly out to fix one thing or another:happy:. I can't praise him enough for his customer service he is always putting his customers first:thumb up:.Anyway I think this project could be a winner and am looking forward to seeing the end product:wink:.

Hi Sam,

As you know there is nothing like a standard plane that comes out of Ole's factory. It is a credit to his talents that when we come up with that extra whatever we want in on or about our own jiggers he can work out how to do it and still make the plane do what it is built to do (and well). But it all takes time. What many don' t know (because Ole doesn't blow his own trumpet like some on here) is that he has sent 2 kits to Russia and if they take a likening to them as we all expect he might be even busier. But as you know the work on Project X is well under way. He is off overseas again next week (another tour of the Rotax factory?) but I know when he gets back the Bee Free is on the go again. All metal Drifter, tow plane for hang gliders, property plane, 95-10, affordable, legendary strength, STOL. No wonder we are all interested.

Cheers Scotty

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

What's the cruise speed of a hornet with a 912?

Not sure of Sam's as he has the bigger tyres but mine will get along at 80knts at 5200 rpm with the 850 tyres.

Cheers Scotty

Nick mine cruises at about 75 with the big tyres but it's got the 914.

I don't quite get it???

The 914 has 15% more horsepower and the cruise speed is less than Scotty's 100 hp Hornet?

Sam has more money than me so he can afford the big 26" tundra tyres on his. I can only afford the 850x6 tyres. One of the advantages of the big tyres is there is more drag and the plane won't fly so quick, which Sam likes. More time to say "look at me" or I think that's what Sam says.

Cheers Scotty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I won't say I fully agree with scotty, but yes the 26 inch tyres do slow me up which I do like because it gives my mind a bit of a chance to catch up:dizzy:. I still have my 8.50 x 6 tyres which I thought I would use for longer trips but since I started landing on the 26's I don't think ill be changing back in a hurry they are just awesome:thumb up: I think ill settle for a few knots less.

• Like 2

Hi Sam,As you know there is nothing like a standard plane that comes out of Ole's factory. It is a credit to his talents that when we come up with that extra whatever we want in on or about our own jiggers he can work out how to do it and still make the plane do what it is built to do (and well). But it all takes time. What many don' t know (because Ole doesn't blow his own trumpet like some on here) is that he has sent 2 kits to Russia and if they take a likening to them as we all expect he might be even busier. But as you know the work on Project X is well under way. He is off overseas again next week (another tour of the Rotax factory?) but I know when he gets back the Bee Free is on the go again. All metal Drifter, tow plane for hang gliders, property plane, 95-10, affordable, legendary strength, STOL. No wonder we are all interested.

Cheers Scotty

Are the Hornets tail wheel aircraft only? Or has Ole made a tricycle version as well?

• Haha 1

Are the Hornets tail wheel aircraft only? Or has Ole made a tricycle version as well?

I think he has done a nose wheel wasp but don't know of any hornets built back to front (they are too careful in the factory)075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

• Like 2

The Wasp is the tricycle plane and the Hornets, (side by side and tandem), Cubs and Bushmans are tail wheelers. I did some training with a full castering nose wheel in another plane and I found that a lot harder to get used to than Ole's tail wheelers.

Cheers Scotty

• Like 1

As far as tail wheelers go I haven't found any unfriendly tendencies in the hornet, now my experience is limited but the hornet seems very user friendly:thumb up: and being the utility aircraft it is I think a nose wheel would totally go against the whole idea of the design and purpose of it.

• Agree 5
  • Caution 1

How come your photo doesn't show the snout Squidi? 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Truth be told Gnu I don't have many pics this one will do for a bit and I will get another tomorrow if I remember 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• Like 1