Channel 7 have lost the plot!

I'm deadly serious when blatant rubbish is posted; it seriously misleads some of the younger people who come to the forum expecting to get some knowledge.

One of my best friends is a Walkley Award winner who won the prize for a very emotional factually true story, another is a senior investigative journalist who works probably twice the hours of some of the critics here, and is extremely accurate and precise to the point that politicians and corporate leaders almost never challenge his stories.

Apart from those tow there are thousands of others who do a professional job to the best of their ability. They don't deserve to be slagged for something which may well have been an editorial screw up.

• Informative 1

I am that sick of the media. that I have stopped watching the main channels I only watch the comedy shows. as I don't care about Hollywood stars and other so called stars. what I do care about is that people get proper health care and that every kid gets a proper education. And mental health care. as they are the people who end up on the street.

• Agree 2

Jeez I dunno, I mean most journo's can tell the difference between a Holden and a Ford. I don't get how they don't know the difference between a F16 Falcon and a FA18 Hornet (just as a example) on more than one occasion I have seen a picture of a F16 in the news when they have been talking about our FA 18 Hornets. I mean seriously, have the guys been living under a rock ? Their job IMO is the get the facts and the story straight, they seem to fail a lot on both of those things a fair bit. Just a observation

Far be it from me to defend the media....but let's take another esoteric subject that perhaps only a few of you know about. Let's say a farmer gets killed by getting caught up in the machinery of a grain harvester. The media reports it as a red CaseIH harvester. Be honest....how many of you would know, or even care, if the file footage they showed was a red Massey Ferguson harvester?

To me I know what each brand of harvester looks like. To most of you, and the general public, a harvester is a harvester and you probably wouldn't know if a cotton picker was shown instead. To the general public a plane is a plane except if it's a big one that makes a roaring sound or a littler one that makes a droning sound.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 2

Hey sky hog, what would the rego on the Cessna in your avatar be?Matty

G'day Matty. The rego on that C185 is KPF. Although I've never piloted it, I hold the endorsements to fly it and have leapt out of it many many times. Funny co-incidence is that it's for sale on eBay at the moment.

t: 409245, member: 1502"]Far be it from me to defend the media....but let's take another esoteric subject that perhaps only a few of you know about. Let's say a farmer gets killed by getting caught up in the machinery of a grain harvester. The media reports it as a red CaseIH harvester. Be honest....how many of you would know, or even care, if the file footage they showed was a red Massey Ferguson harvester?

To me I know what each brand of harvester looks like. To most of you, and the general public, a harvester is a harvester and you probably wouldn't know if a cotton picker was shown instead. To the general public a plane is a plane except if it's a big one that makes a roaring sound or a littler one that makes a droning sound.

I understand what you are saying but if it is your job as a journalist or media outlet to report news, then there must be some obligation to try and get the facts right and not just randomly guess. These are supposed to be proffesional orgaisations and not joe blow on the community channel.....

Righto, here we go Turboplanner. I got booted off here 3 or 4 years back for arguing the reliability of Jabiru Engine through bolts and general reliability etc with you and somebody called Captian something (knobjockey perhaps, I'm not sure) . I've never posted anything again until the other day to answer a question for a bloke . If you are the best thing this forum can produce, then maybe you should take a few years off. See Ya down the track.

• Agree 2

I'm deadly serious when blatant rubbish is posted; it seriously misleads some of the younger people who come to the forum expecting to get some knowledge.

OMG, you posted links to articles in the Murdoch press to "prove" your point in that sickening diatribe on immigrants so REALLY?

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

OMG, you posted links to articles in the Murdoch press to "prove" your point in that sickening diatribe on immigrants so REALLY?Kaz

If there are factual errors in the links, as against just not being in accordance with our opinion on what is legal and illegal, I'm happy to do some further study and correct them.

If you want to be balanced, I also posted the legislation and immigration information which did contain actual fact, and from memory got a "creative" for it.

G'day Matty. The rego on that C185 is KPF. Although I've never piloted it, I hold the endorsements to fly it and have leapt out of it many many times. Funny co-incidence is that it's for sale on eBay at the moment.

Cool, it belongs to a mate of mine, I've got a bit of time in her, great plane but it's earned it's keep for plenty of years.

And getting booted off here is a badge of honour mate, only the best types get a "holiday" ,

Matty

Righto, here we go Turboplanner. I got booted off here 3 or 4 years back for arguing the reliability of Jabiru Engine through bolts and general reliability etc with you and somebody called Captian something (knobjockey perhaps, I'm not sure) . I've never posted anything again until the other day to answer a question for a bloke . If you are the best thing this forum can produce, then maybe you should take a few years off. See Ya down the track.

welcome back.

The forum does have an "ignore user" option, which makes the forum a lot more enjoyable. Just pick the users you want to ignore (such as turboplaner) and all you'll ever see from them is a "show ignore content" link at the bottom of each thread, and generally a bunch of other users asking them to pull their heads in. I check every month or so to see if my ignored people are making a contribution to intelligence on the internet, or have spouted anything other than drivel. If they ever manage it I'll take them off my ignore list. Hasn't happened in well over a year though, and I don't really expect it to.

One thing I would like to see is how many users are ignoring me - just a number, not names. It would be an easy way to judge if my behaviour is offending and needs moderating.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

One thing I would like to see is how many users are ignoring me - just a number, not names. It would be an easy way to judge if my behaviour is offending and needs moderating.

Yeah, it would be good to see how many people we have ignoring us individually.

Posters may think their posts are "straight to the point" while others may find them offensive. A toned down or reworded post can make all the difference.

• Agree 1