2 seater Kits available and suggestions.

Hi all,

It has been a while since I was last on here and am after some advice. My father in law is due to retire soon and I am getting a bit tired of crashing race cars 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif So we have decided to re visit the purchase of a kit build 2 seat aircraft. A few years ago I was seriously looking at an Xair and to be honest I still like them but I was wondering what else is available. The build process of the Xair impressed me and I think the cost is reasonable.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Semi enclosed, ideally removable wings, I would prefer something that could run a 582 as I'm not to keen on the cost of the 912 and as it will be used only for local flights I am not sure I need anything to fast. Also the father in law will be low hours so something forgiving would be good

A Skyranger is what you need. The Nynja is not available with engine mount for a 582. I would personally go with a HKS 4 stroke rather than a Rotax 582. Almost the same power but much better fuel economy. If you are interested in either a Nynja or a Skyranger please give me a call. 0418 585 731 Greg. ( Australian Agent for Skyranger and Nynja)

A Skyranger is what you need. The Nynja is not available with engine mount for a 582. I would personally go with a HKS 4 stroke rather than a Rotax 582. Almost the same power but much better fuel economy. If you are interested in either a Nynja or a Skyranger please give me a call. 0418 585 731 Greg. ( Australian Agent for Skyranger and Nynja)

I think HKS is no more

Welcome back BLA82...if it was me I wouldn't hesitate on the Skyranger compared to an X-Air...they are a LOT more plane for your money and you can't go wrong with Greg as many others here would agree...just my opinion if I was on a limited budget (I do really like those Nynjas though - can I have two Greg?)

I'll whistle up a couple for you Ian. Where would you like me to send them? Are you still in Brisbane? You haven't been in touch to go for a fly.Greg.

Been back in Melb however driving up on Sat and staying for a long time this time...will catch up mate

• Winner 1

I love some of their designs and they are built like a brick outhouse. Unfortunately most of them have quite small useful load ability. I was once seriously interested in an S19 but the useful load is only 225 KG. Greg.

I'll whistle up a couple for you Ian. Where would you like me to send them? Are you still in Brisbane? You haven't been in touch to go for a fly.Greg.

Split delivery reqd. Greg.

One to Ians place thats fine, and so Corrine doesn't whinge about too many toys, just drop the other one off to Planey's joint and put it on the Clear Prop stock account:tongue in cheek:

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

[ATTACH=full]27799[/ATTACH]Have a look at the kitfoxs, great STOL ,cruise speed and proven over many years , not sure on the cost but the latest model 7 is a top looking jigger

Matty

Yes, very impressive, there is a price list on their website for kit plane parts and the Super Sport SLSA is US $95,995 base price.

For a STOL type it has good cruise speed. Definitely a plane worth considering but need to add a few pennies for freight and convert to AU $ .

Yes, very impressive, there is a price list on their website for kit plane parts and the Super Sport SLSA is US $95,995 base price. For a STOL type it has good cruise speed. Definitely a plane worth considering but need to add a few pennies for freight and convert to AU $ .

Those are LSA prices ,the kits are around 20k us, plus engine and panel.

I really can't understand not wanting a 912 , better TBO better power, sure the price is up there but the resale ,if needed will ,be better and the cost over engine life will be way better,

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

A flying club around here in New Zealand decided to build a X-Air H/Hawk/Hanuman "microlight" (as the people in Enzed persist in calling them) and they put together a nice log. Here is the link: http://www.manawatumicrolightclub.org.nz/files/Xair%20Hanuman%20Progress%20log.pdf

This microlight club turned 30 years old yesterday. They still have the X-Air H as one of their aircraft: http://www.manawatumicrolightclub.org.nz/learn%20to%20fly.html

I hope that helps your selection somewhat.

Thanks eightyknots great read.

Metalman I realise there are huge advantages to a 912 but I have two issues. The difference in price means the difference between flying sooner or waiting a lot longer to purchase and secondly it might be a sick fetish:sorry: but I love 2 strokes.

Thanks eightyknots great read.Metalman I realise there are huge advantages to a 912 but I have two issues. The difference in price means the difference between flying sooner or waiting a lot longer to purchase and secondly it might be a sick fetish:sorry: but I love 2 strokes.

It's an option to buy second hand, I was looking for a used engine for my jigger, new was approx $22000, I ended up getting a 912ULS for $12000 with 187 hours, a 582 will be around $10k, but it's the TBO that's the decider for me ,2500 compared to 300, no contest,,,,,,I do have some mates with two stroke fetishes,,,no argument on earth would get them to change either , look forward to seeing what you choose and build :-)

Matty

Thanks eightyknots great read.Metalman I realise there are huge advantages to a 912 but I have two issues. The difference in price means the difference between flying sooner or waiting a lot longer to purchase and secondly it might be a sick fetish:sorry: but I love 2 strokes.

I'm also interested in what your final choice will be.

... The difference in price means the difference between flying sooner or waiting a lot longer to purchase ...

I understand the problem. I am mulling over the same issues myself, which means that I am also considering 'alternative' engines to Rotax. These include the UL Power motor from Belgium, the D-Motor, Bex's engine which he is developing right now (there is a current thread on this forum) or the Viking engine (a converted Honda arrangement). It's a trade-off between affordability, reliability, fuel consumption, TBO and engine weight.