Conspiracy

Camel

I'm starting to think CASA wants to administer recreational aviation.

It has issued the RPL, it is equivalent to a Pilot certificate so why would you need a pilot certificate.

People want weight increase and CTA so CASA offer it with RPL.

It has hurt most schools using Jabiru, who is going to fly in a plane with limitations.

What will happen when insurance companies see limitations.

CASA have a sport aviation dept.

CASA hanging around RAA for some time. (Pretending to be friend ) but causing grief.

It has 3 ex RAA staff and Ex CASA staff at RAA was too friendly with CASA and let RAA get very messy.

CASA have lost a lot of GA pilots to RAA and easy way to get back is administer recreational flying.

I think that CASA is looking at the numbers.

• Haha 2
  • Caution 2

They have made the RPL a medical shambles. It is more similar to a ppl than a RAA cert. if you want CTA or have ANY medical anomalies you need a medical anyway.

If we let RAA fold it would be a very sad day for rec aviation.

CASA save money by having RAA do what they do.

• Agree 4

They have made the RPL a medical shambles. It is more similar to a ppl than a RAA cert. if you want CTA or have ANY medical anomalies you need a medical anyway.If we let RAA fold it would be a very sad day for rec aviation.

CASA save money by having RAA do what they do.

hey sdqdi how do u like your aak hornet stol a/c im taking up my flying again at coominya flight training in the new year ,ages away from an aircraft but am wondering what u think .

hey sdqdi how do u like your aak hornet stol a/c im taking up my flying again at coominya flight training in the new year ,ages away from an aircraft but am wondering what u think .

I LOVE it Jeff 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif It's capable of so much more than I can do with it but I am slowly getting there. Probably not the best cross country machine as far as speed goes but I can land basically anywhere along the way. It's 300 nautical miles out to the inlaws from here and most of the time I do it without stopping generally around the four hour mark. (Although I did visit someones fallow ploughed paddock between Tottenham and condo as I was hit by a rather quick urge to answer Mother Nature once.) it really excels with the rough country take off and landings, 95% of my landings are on farm dirt tracks or in paddocks and when at airports I land on gravel or grass when I can (in my 120 odd hours in it I have landed on the tar twice)

Anyway I won't blab on too much but I do love it:thumb up: And the friendly family like relationship with the team at taree is awesome, they don't hesitate to go out of their way to keep things happening smoothly and I can't praise them enough, but anyway I am blabbing again lol

If you are ever out this way let me know I am always more than happy to take people for a flight:thumb up: Any excuse I say

• Like 2

oooh sounds nice and speed isnt my thing anyway ,1 day i will hav to get out and about a mate of mine ,magishme,can now fly everywhere so he may want to go for a flight 1 day as well ,especially as im still a student lol.ok hope u are having a great christmas and new year to come stay safe

• Like 1

I'm starting to think CASA wants to administer recreational aviation.It has issued the RPL, it is equivalent to a Pilot certificate so why would you need a pilot certificate.

People want weight increase and CTA so CASA offer it with RPL.

It has hurt most schools using Jabiru, who is going to fly in a plane with limitations.

What will happen when insurance companies see limitations.

CASA have a sport aviation dept.

CASA hanging around RAA for some time. (Pretending to be friend ) but causing grief.

It has 3 ex RAA staff and Ex CASA staff at RAA was too friendly with CASA and let RAA get very messy.

CASA have lost a lot of GA pilots to RAA and easy way to get back is administer recreational flying.

I think that CASA is looking at the numbers.

You're giving them far too much credit for events. Bureaucratic, arbitrary, arrogant, despotic, irresolute, and confused they may well appear, at times, but Machiavellian is not really the way I'd describe them. Admittedly, the very fact that we face the use of strict liability in the regulation of aviation is, in itself, an undemocratic interpretation of law. It confers upon the regulator a 'power' which the traffic police would envy. happy days,

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe there is a conspiracy, that would mean there is planning and other clever stuff. I believe there are individuals trying to impress their bosses by drumming up some more business and things happen by accident as a result.

As a society, we are way too willing to give up freedoms for a bit of "safety".

Here near the bushfires, people are prevented from going back to their houses for their own "safety". So far, nobody has been shot for disobeying the safety rulings.

The guy I know who was turned back was strong and smart and he had a swimming pool full of water and a self-powered pump and hoses and protective gear. I think it terrible that he wasn't able to protect his property and take his own risks.

While i'm on this soapbox, there is a guy in jail in WA for clearing a firebreak on his own land. And yes he didn't ask all the permissions from the bureaucrats, he just went ahead and did it and continued even after they got an injunction against him. I reckon he is a martyr.

CASA is just our version of losing freedoms in return for "safety".

• Agree 4

They don't have the wisdom to envisage every situation either. Most houses can be saved if you are there after the fire front passes through and extinguish small outbreaks, caused by embers. The average person doesn't seriously prepare through ignorance and I'll be right attitude. Nev

You do have a thing about OLD guys ft. I can't recall instances somewhat like you make a case for in any fires I have had knowledge of which includes the Macedon fires 83 and the Kinglake fires since. The first one went across a corner of my property and I spent about 4 days watching and controlling spot fires from being a problem. A wet mop and small hose can save a house. The Radiant Heat event doesn't last long generally and it is the major danger to life. You try to reduce the amount of FUEL beforehand to limit the intensity, and you do need shelter at that time...Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Most farmers ARE old guys and farmers drive tractors. Young kids get killed in Quad bikes and Trikes because old guys are smart enough to know THEY are unsafe. You are offensive to old guys calling them invariably stupid. Give it a break. You never miss a chance to show your prejudice. Nev

• Agree 7

Old guys used to reduce the fuel available around their property. now the beaurocrats have made it difficult to do that. thay want permits and an inspection by a young guy who is still wet behind the ears. Result. They lost a house at Rockhampton 2 years ago, probably the first house lost in Central Qld to a grass fire ever.

• Agree 2