CASA 292/14 - Conditions and direction about Jabiru engines

coljones

No matter how many testimonials have been sent to CASA about success stories of Jabiru owners it has all fallen on deaf ears. Constant pot stirring on social media by those with agendas and bombardment by competitors in disguise has taken it,s toll. Those in CASA who wish to make a name for themselves have taken the ball and run with it no matter what the outcome for Jabiru and those who own them.

• Agree 4

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit sensitive about your junk engine, chaps?

Just as well you have a government department to save you from yourselves...

Is the Jabiru flightless? Just asking.

Just wondering where you are coming from?

Perhaps this helps:

No, old one still runs fine, just was looking at spending fair bit on it shortly - way too soon.Decided to upgrade to new one ...

And this:

We are here on earth to do good unto others. What the others are here for, I have no idea. ~ WH Auden

Yea comon ornis, that sort of thing doesn't help.

Che??

" Yea comon ornis" ?

Thinking this might have been a Latin quote for something profound I googled it. Nope.

but it did send me to a bunch of webpages where women are discussing the ideal penis size.

Am I missing something, Motz 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif

• Like 1

Is the Jabiru flightless? Just asking.

Nope, even though they don't take off from water very well - even with a brand-new CAMit engine installed, (though just possibly, you know that better than most of us do).

• Haha 1

Ornis......ol chum, me....and a whole lot of other jab owners, fly all over this country. Guess what.......99.6% of the time, the only other rec flyer we bump into is ......another JAB.............that's right...99.6%.............so shove your...( edited )

Service them right, fly em right............they just purr. And that's another fact. ( geez......i've said all this before...as others have )

Ok....back to you......what machine do you yourself putt about in. ( curious )

russ

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

Ornis......ol chum, me....and a whole lot of other jab owners, fly all over this country. Guess what.......99.6% of the time, the only other rec flyer we bump into is ......another JAB.............that's right...99.6%.............so shove your...( edited )

Service them right, fly em right............they just purr. And that's another fact. ( geez......i've said all this before...as others have )

Ok....back to you......what machine do you yourself putt about in. ( curious )

russ

Ouch!

Hey, the fact that a NZ Jab 230, registration ORN, was destroyed by an evidently ham-fisted pilot stuffing up a beach take-off after having landed there through a botched new engine installation on its first flight with its 'new' engine, is no reason to suspect that our beloved Ornis was in any way connected. Jeez, given the world-wide hilarity at the obvious incompetence of whoever was the pilot in that particular case, one would have to be more than circumspect in making any such connection - and I certainly don't.

A new CAMit engine was installed in that particular aircraft with a kink in the fuel delivery line that resulted in fuel starvation, thus causing the forced beach landing. That is obviously not something that would happen to such an experienced Jabiru pilot as Ornis.

Far too many people would be all too ready to suggest that anyone exhibiting such lack of skill and judgement for the subsequent take-off should not be allowed to operate an aircraft - and perhaps especially one requiring care and prudence in the engine management area such as any Jabiru. Such a person might well have an axe to grind against Jabiru engines - and that is palpably not the case with Ornis, who seeks only to provide balance and sense to commentary on Jabiru engines.

My comment was merely that as a member of the evidently close-knit New Zealand Jabiru-owning community, Ornis may well know more than we do about the circumstances of that spectacularly stupid occurrence.

• Like 1
  • Informative 5

Ouch!

Hey, the fact that a NZ Jab 230, registration ORN, was destroyed by an evidently ham-fisted pilot stuffing up a beach take-off after having landed there through a botched new engine installation on its first flight with its 'new' engine, is no reason to suspect that our beloved Ornis was in any way connected. Jeez, given the world-wide hilarity at the obvious incompetence of whoever was the pilot in that particular case, one would have to be more than circumspect in making any such connection - and I certainly don't.

A new CAMit engine was installed in that particular aircraft with a kink in the fuel delivery line that resulted in fuel starvation, thus causing the forced beach landing. That is obviously not something that would happen to such an experienced Jabiru pilot as Ornis.

Far too many people would be all too ready to suggest that anyone exhibiting such lack of skill and judgement for the subsequent take-off should not be allowed to operate an aircraft - and perhaps especially one requiring care and prudence in the engine management area such as any Jabiru. Such a person might well have an axe to grind against Jabiru engines - and that is palpably not the case with Ornis, who seeks only to provide balance and sense to commentary on Jabiru engines.

My comment was merely that as a member of the evidently close-knit New Zealand Jabiru-owning community, Ornis may well know more than we do about the circumstances of that spectacularly stupid occurrence.

Undoubtedly, if it had happened in Australia even though it was not a Jabiru engine. If Jabiru engines cannot operate without fuel, it is obviously their fault. Hell we even had the (then brand-new, coming to us with all the relevant aviation experience of running the animal shelter for the RSPCA in Canberra) CEO of RAA publicly stating that the out-of-fuel incident in Brisbane was another example of the failure of Jabiru engines - and 'one too many', at that.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Undoubtedly, if it had happened in Australia even though it was not a Jabiru engine. If Jabiru engines cannot operate without fuel, it is obviously their fault. Hell we even had the (then brand-new, coming to us with all the relevant aviation experience of running the animal shelter for the RSPCA in Canberra) CEO of RAA publicly stating that the out-of-fuel incident in Brisbane was another example of the failure of Jabiru engines - and 'one too many', at that.