CASA 292/14 - Conditions and direction about Jabiru engines

coljones

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oscar, is this what you are talking about? I Learned About Flying From That, page 8, VECTOR, Jun/Jul

https://www.caa.govt.nz/safety_info/vector.htm

Style might be a bit pithy and to the point for you.

I'll pop back in a couple of months after another 100 emails from Jabiru keeping me up to date with ... well, nothing!

Jabiru Engines: Promise you the Earth and keep you Grounded ~ Ornis

Oscar, is this what you are talking about? I Learned About Flying From That, page 8, VECTOR, Jun/Jul

https://www.caa.govt.nz/safety_info/vector.htm

Style might be a bit pithy and to the point for you.

I'll pop back in a couple of months after another 100 emails from Jabiru keeping me up to date with ... well, nothing!

Jabiru Engines: Promise you the Earth and keep you Grounded ~ Ornis

Ornis......ol chum, me....and a whole lot of other jab owners, fly all over this country. Guess what.......99.6% of the time, the only other rec flyer we bump into is ......another JAB.............that's right...99.6%.............so shove your...( edited )Service them right, fly em right............they just purr. And that's another fact. ( geez......i've said all this before...as others have )

Ok....back to you......what machine do you yourself putt about in. ( curious )

russ

Too right. My recent little 2 week flight. Laurie (by the way, is Ornis the fellow who drowned his poor Jabbie on a beach in NZ?)

[ATTACH=full]37335[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]37335[/ATTACH]

• Like 4

Ornis......ol chum, me....and a whole lot of other jab owners, fly all over this country. Guess what.......99.6% of the time, the only other rec flyer we bump into is ......another JAB.............that's right...99.6%.............so shove your...( edited )Service them right, fly em right............they just purr. And that's another fact. ( geez......i've said all this before...as others have )

Ok....back to you......what machine do you yourself putt about in. ( curious )

russ

Too right. My recent little 2 week flight. Laurie (by the way, is Ornis the fellow who drowned his poor Jabbie on a beach in NZ?)

1448613050_GoogleEarth-TownsvilleTrip20151.jpg.4e03d515375544781f0d2d3ad2f86049.jpg

Too right. My recent little 2 week flight. Laurie (by the way, is Ornis the fellow who drowned his poor Jabbie on a beach in NZ?)[ATTACH=full]37335[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]37335[/ATTACH]

It was great to meet you at Heck field.

• Like 1

Too right. My recent little 2 week flight. Laurie (by the way, is Ornis the fellow who drowned his poor Jabbie on a beach in NZ?)[ATTACH=full]37335[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]37335[/ATTACH]

Same here mate. I didn't put one and one together until later on the forum as to who you were - nice bike mate. You were right; it's hard to judge a person's character on a forum. Laurie.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Same here mate. I didn't put one and one together until later on the forum as to who you were - nice bike mate. You were right; it's hard to judge a person's character on a forum. Laurie.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a J200. Not a 701, but not too shabby on takeoff. I used to own one.

The relevant "Jabiru failure" here is their previous engine which sucked a valve and threw a rod at 8000 ft on a cross country. The later misfortune on the beach is more fun to read about but really has no relevance to what this thread is about.

Well it was a Jabiru - what would you expect- a short take-off? Most of them I've seen seem to need a mile of runway before they manage to slip the surly bonds!

Go look at the figures - which are the result of certified/ certificated testing. J230-D: ground roll 226 metres (0.14 miles) , to 50 feet: 356 metres. That is at MTOW, at an ICAO 'standard' ambient temp and zero AMSL. Achieved by professional test pilots to CASA standards, for the POH.

Before you start bagging out an aircraft, perhaps you should look at what its real performance figures - under certification/certifying conditions - are. The POH figures are not just drawn out of a hat - they are legally defensible results drawn from testing under specified conditions by approved test pilots.

The performance you claim you have observed indicates a complete lack of understanding of how to fly the aircraft properly. I suggest your commentary applies to the inadequacies of the pilots you have observed rather than the aircraft they have been piloting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Ok...........my 160, off the deck less than 200m, any time you want...........( they're short winged )

Landing to stop..........still working on that. ( any tricks appreciated )

• Like 1