Archerfield LSA down

It's a Cessna 172, according to the 7 news aircraft "expert" . 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

Media know more about nothing than most ! It is not a 172 and if I'm not mistaken it is a RAA reg C 162 skywatcher.

• Agree 1

Pathfinder seem to have had a rough time. Jab engine failure a year ago or so. Lost a head of acft in the doyen now This. They are great guys there and I hope this doesn't cause to many issues for them

timb have to agree, give them a bit of credit they got the Cessna part right but then Cessna seems to be there default aircraft so they had to get it right sooner or later.

Also Pathfinder are having a real run of bad luck, hope the stick to the Sling it seems to be hanging in there.

Slight drift, but Channel 7 news tonight showed "dashcam" style video of a near miss over Moorabbin in 2012, where an aircraft on final for 35 right had another aircraft cut across his approach from the right, and looking like it was heading for 35 left. It was like being cut off by a lane changer on the freeway. Looked like they came within 50 metres of one another. The newsreader said it is understood the student (not sure which aircraft) may not have heard an ATC instruction.

I did an internet search, and the video and detailed story are on the link below. I clicked on the video but it only gave a message saying it was a private video, even though it had a string of 'share' buttons below it.

'http://www.zerosixright.com/cessna-near-miss-moorabbin-airport/