Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC. . . .

Phil Perry

The Australian one sucked because it was Australian.

I don't actually buy that. Australia has made some fantastic shows. The reason the Australian one sucked was because it tried to do Top Gear without Clarkson/Hammond/May, and the simple fact is that they make the show what it is, so one without them will always suck whether it be in Australia, Italy, Russia or even the UK.

• Agree 1

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Australian one sucked because it was Australian.

One of the script writers, Party (real name by deed poll), worked in my city here as an English conversational teacher for a year 2012 -2013 and we would hit the town occasionally.

Besides writing the scripts in office with 3 others, he was the 'on set' guy to make corrections and on the spot jokes. He says the Director killed the show because he spent 90% of the effort on lighting, great shots and fancy camera work giving very little time for the 3 guys to do their stuff and often ignored the 3 and the scriptwriters advice. I kind of believe him because a lot of the Oz show's commentary was bloody cringe worthy. I remember posting a link to a test by them of our Elfin in a Lotus 7 forum (similar concepts) with an apology for the cringe worthy stuff.

Yes.the "Australian" one didn't really hit it did it? Do you still have the Clubman? Nev

Yes but 90% completed. I designed and built it myself, scratch design. Larger version with a 3.0 DOHC six in it. The 7th car I've built from scratch.

The 3rd last car I designed and built was (ironic to this thread) after watching Jeremy Clarkson test the Ariel Atom; "I am an Alien"!

710309690_mongrelexo.JPG.12d5cd279c706ac92b36f716cab6c0e3.JPG

sideon1.jpg.c8735a6413ee9ca59d903d92b78ba46f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

My Large 'Locost' (Lotus 7 inspired) the Largo. 90% finished and only 90% to go. Good Mate of mine owns a NZ Fraser.

It as built larger for larger people and 6 cylinder/V8 friendly.

2131715812_Largolate2014.jpg.901b01dfcab86764b4c6c0c418fac13b.jpg

Jeez Bex, 7 cars, aircraft engines, captain of industry in China, hobnobbing with a (possible) future PM... how do you have time to enrich our lives as well?? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

By the way, I love the Ariel Atom, best car without a body ever. How does your version perform?

Jeez Bex, 7 cars, aircraft engines, captain of industry in China, hobnobbing with a (possible) future PM...

Like eating an elephant, one bite at a time - and do the prep and cooking yourself.

By the way, I love the Ariel Atom, best car without a body ever. How does your version perform?

As any 600kg car with 140hp does.

Top Gear's number are on the skids, even with the losses due to piracy, its been losing audience due to the stale formula

Yeah, they're crying all the way to the bank.

You don't understand car people, they need their fix, Top Gear episodes are available throughout car forums less than 12 hours after they are live on Sunday night in the UK - I know because I'm one of the people who gives the links out to a couple of forums as they are on Youku (China's Youtube) about 8 hours later.

Showing repeats or even new episodes months later is never going to cut it, very old news.

Every UK Top Gear episode and special ever made is here including most of the US, Korean and Aus episodes..

http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_top%20gear

for broadcasters the top gear formula is stale, a cliche even,

You're right, we need a brand new family show with fresh, exciting adventures, we could call it Home and Away or something ...

neighbours has been punted to 11 is aus and seven gave today tonight the flick. the advertising revenues for most FTA TV channels is continuously falling and top gear is an expensive show to produce. You can hand a spatula to 6 no ones from Sydney and produce My Kitchen Rules for a fraction of the cost

You're right, we need a brand new family show with fresh, exciting adventures, we could call it Home and Away or something ...

The Neighbours would complain.

• Haha 1

My Kitchen Rules

Coming back to Oz around once per year I get to see the larger shifts in change within the culture. I am truly stunned at how dumb TV has gotten and am in disbelief that I am related to or have close friendships with people who sit and absorb these shows. I won't even start on the adverts.

Most of you are idiots, true to the word, and you don't even know it being sucked in gradually over time. Turn your TV's off for a year and come back to them to see what you were absorbed into and you might understand that comment - obviously people who watch primarily docos, the news, Top Gear and an occasional good movie are exempt.

I challenge you to watch a few episodes of the six million dollar man, starky and hutch, the a-team or any 70-80s hit TV show.

I didn't watch them, dumb is dumb, don't care what year.

But I see what your point is and I disagree, they were short story shows with a result and even cross cultural understanding, Huggy Bear for example, now it's watching other normal people cook or sitting around in a house all day, wth?

• Agree 1

top gear was made huge by the easy availability of their episodes outside their established markets, the show was a huge hit for SBS when they first broadcast it, but its dying now because 9 are so slow to show episodes.