Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC. . . .

Phil Perry

You mean you don't watch TV, sports or movies? Good for you, I also think wealth is overrated./post written while drinking Blue Mountain coffee having my shoulders massaged in 5 star hotel lobby.

Yes I watch some TV not sports though and only free to air still don't think Clarkson is worth $1,000,000 per episode. Obviously most others do not agree with me which really does not worry me in the slightest.

these disgraceful salary packages. Yet they still get away with it.

No argument from me on that Phil just a long list of inconsistencies that exist. The CEO of Lehman Brothers gave himself $300,000,000 in bonuses leading up to the GFC, and then when the bank collapsed expected to be bailed out by the tax payer. If the general public are stupid enough to cop this rubbish then they deserve what ever they get.

• Agree 1

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think Clarkson is worth $1,000,000 per episode.

Well as I mentioned it's based on the bigger picture, but people also should understand that these individuals often have quite a large number in a team, or specific company, supporting that person so the money tends to get spread around which is good for any countries micro-economies.

Previously, before personal management companies such as IMG, these individuals got much less, not much more than a normal wage and all the profit was kept by the company.

Excerpt from Glenn Wheatley;

In late 1969 when the Masters Apprentices took part in a nationwide package tour, "Operation Starlift". The concert at Brisbane Festival Hall, drew a then record crowd of over 7000 people, breaking the venue's previous attendance record set by The Beatles in 1964. After the concert Wheatley reflected on the event, and it became the turning point in his life and career, because it finally drove home just how badly the group were being ripped off.

Wheatley knew that patrons had paid A$5 per ticket, so the receipts for the night would have been around A$35,000, but the Masters Apprentices, like all the other acts, were on a fixed fee and received a mere $200 for the show; even the top-billed act John Farnham probably only earned about $1000. Figuring that the performers were probably only paid about A$2000 in total, Wheatley realised that the promoters had walked away with upwards of A$30,000 for that concert alone.

Yes Phil, those CEO's salaries for underperforming companies are ludicrous.

Well as I mentioned it's based on the bigger picture, but people also should understand that these individuals often have quite a large number in a team, or specific company, supporting that person so the money tends to get spread around which is good for any countries micro-economies.Previously, before personal management companies such as IMG, these individuals got much less, not much more than a normal wage and all the profit was kept by the company.

Excerpt from Glenn Wheatley;

In late 1969 when the Masters Apprentices took part in a nationwide package tour, "Operation Starlift". The concert at Brisbane Festival Hall, drew a then record crowd of over 7000 people, breaking the venue's previous attendance record set by The Beatles in 1964. After the concert Wheatley reflected on the event, and it became the turning point in his life and career, because it finally drove home just how badly the group were being ripped off.

Wheatley knew that patrons had paid A$5 per ticket, so the receipts for the night would have been around A$35,000, but the Masters Apprentices, like all the other acts, were on a fixed fee and received a mere $200 for the show; even the top-billed act John Farnham probably only earned about $1000. Figuring that the performers were probably only paid about A$2000 in total, Wheatley realised that the promoters had walked away with upwards of A$30,000 for that concert alone.

Yes Phil, those CEO's salaries for underperforming companies are ludicrous.

OK Bex I get your drift with this and concede you have some valid points, I have issues with the greed that has been around and some attitudes where debt is fine and money grows on trees. To me the irresponsible economic vandalism that is going on is going to end up in another depression.

• Like 1

Hey folks,

Just came into the thread 9 pages in.

It started with what was GOING to happen to what WILL NOW happen.

Ok: Tangent:

Ticketek are advertising "Topgear" on Oz soon.

What's going to happen there?

If Gezza isn't coming, will people be able to cancel their tickets because the show isn't as advertised?

they all know its the easiest money they will ever make. top gear was pretty boring show when clarkson first arrived, it did some new stuff and became more interesting but now its stuck in a rut. the BBC wouldn't have let clarkson go if it wasn't losing its audience

they all know its the easiest money they will ever make. top gear was pretty boring show when clarkson first arrived, it did some new stuff and became more interesting but now its stuck in a rut. the BBC wouldn't have let clarkson go if it wasn't losing its audience

It's one of the World's most popular/highest rating TV Entertainment shows and the World's highest rating Factual TV show - currently up to the last episode screened.

There's no law says that you have to like Clarkson but it's pointless posting other stuff that veritably isn't true.

Sure a lot of it is scripted, but these guys are close mates and that's what always shines through, you can't script nor buy that ...

They are funny that's for sure..I will miss that..but they are all really knobs.... 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

David

• Like 1

There is a show on this Thursday, I'll see what the ratings are but Thursday night is a bad rating night.

I see it, it's not an episode, it's a replay of the 2013 Top Gear Special; "The Perfect Road Trip" on Channel 9 at 7.30, i.e. peak viewing time.

Every new Top Gear episode is screened on Sunday night at peak hour in most countries.

Next attempt .......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you watch any Clarkson presented show, you understand that he is a winner, May and Hammond realise that and will go with him where ever - not that they don't add considerable clout themselves.

We had a Top Gear in Australia and it wasn't worth watching. It just needs that interplay between Clarkson, May and Hammond.

They have stamped their personalities on it and I very much doubt that others could succeed in getting a new series up and going.

• Agree 2