Jeremy Clarkson suspended from the BBC. . . .

Phil Perry

Yeah,. . .I actually LIKED that film,. . . I wonder if the little drummer actually got to shag the little. . . .NOW STOP THAT !! It's getting rude.I watched a movie starring Grant recently, where he was a junior doctor, and he discovered that a large medical clinic were taking derroes off the street and experimenting on them, can't remember the name of the fillum,. . . . . come on you telly watchers, you must have seen it. . .

Only serious story movie I've ever seen him in. . . . ANYWAY still don't like the bloke because of Hacked Off. . . .

It was a great movie, stellar cast. Funny thing was that the blonde "body double" who ended up with Martin Freeman, later played Stacey in the series "Gavin and Stacey". So every time I saw her in that I was picturing her with her gear off.

The medical one with Hugh Grant was called "Extreme Measures" I think.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FT, interesting stories about the Queen, but labelling all Poms as tight-ar*ses based on the peculiarities of one octogenarian is more of a stretch than Phil's accusations against the BBC.

• Like 2

What I can't get over with the Hugh Grant thing is his choice of gobbler. I mean - you're rich, good looking, and a famous actor. SURELY if you wanted to get your end away in the back of a car, you could do better than Divine Brown.

You would think so but apparently not.

Fixed Planey. Apologies to Matthew Kucks of QLD for borrowing the registration of his Cessna 140. I'll change my signature to something else soon, Tony making a dick of himself is so common now that it's not worth commenting on.

This one...

• Like 1

Bet they'd be politely asked to dodgy up Putin's lap times when he's the "Tsar in a reasonably priced car".

That is what is termed 'a reasonable adjustment' in a number of fields, including survivability training.

• Agree 1

Only if it made all the way around without breaking down.

It's ok, Lada's have heated rear windows as standard so people don't get their hands cold pushing them.

I went into Supercheap one time and asked if I could get an oil filter for my Lada and the guy said; "ok, but it better be registered and I still think you're getting the better side of the deal".

• Haha 2

over paid

If I had a company with an employee who was the key factor in generating 50 million in profit, I would happily give him a 10% share as well. Standard fare in the entertainment industry.

Only if it made all the way around without breaking down.

* Aparently, if you half - fill the gas tank, you double the value of the car .

* The latest Lada is an extended model, they call it the Superskip.

* The East Germans had a much better car called a Trabant, this had a natty little engine somewhere in the back, I think it was a one and a half stroke.

• Haha 1

If I had a company with an employee who was the key factor in generating 50 million in profit, I would happily give him a 10% share as well. Standard fare in the entertainment industry.

Good for you, I think him and many others in the entertainment industry are over paid. If people want to be a bunch of sheep and support that then so be it, I don't have to agree with it.

but it looks like no commercial network wants to take on top gear. If a US company took it on it would be a 60 minute commercial for Jeep or Fiat or whoever sponsored it.

• Agree 1

If people want to be a bunch of sheep and support that then so be it, I don't have to agree with it.

You mean you don't watch TV, sports or movies? Good for you, I also think wealth is overrated.

/post written while drinking Blue Mountain coffee having my shoulders massaged in 5 star hotel lobby.

Good for you, I think him and many others in the entertainment industry are over paid. If people want to be a bunch of sheep and support that then so be it, I don't have to agree with it.

Got to take issue on that one Teck, . . . SOME "entertainers" are certainly well overpaid, . . .but what about company CEOs ? a large amount of them in the UK have been lambasted this week for salaries of 3,4 and 5 million quid, PLUS bonuses, for heading up companies which have severely under-performed. ( But it was in me contract Guv. . . .! ) Some of which were bailed out by the taxpayer during the financial crash of 2007/08 and are still partly owned by the same taxpayers. . . . who are, in effect paying part of these disgraceful salary packages. Yet they still get away with it. There's a bloke on UK tv called Jonathan Ross,. . . who got sacked from the BBC for his part in humiliating on TV, the actor who played Manuel the Spanish waiter in Fawlty Towers. . . .he got re-hired at a salary of £5 Million per annum. The bloke is a complete . . . . .well it rhymes with banker. Just a really poor talk show host. ( and a complete waste of BBC License tax payers money )

Just to keep things in perspective, JC writes very popular and best selling books as well as the Top Gear shows and other DVD sales, and is followed worldwide. The aforementioned company CEOs and Jonathan Ross and his ilk are not. But OF COURSE that doesn't mean that YOU have to like the bloke, or AGREE with him being overpaid for what he does, which he quite possibly has been, although bringing in many times this cost into BBC coffers.

Just a thought ( don't wanna fall out, cos he hates LITTLE planes, ESPECIALLY "microlights" and that's another thing I don't like about him, he knows that but doesn't give a carp )

Phil ( LLOL )