Engine failure Jabiru J430 Queensland 19 Nov 2015

Saw the aircraft in Bun

Registered in WA, on its way to Vic from Bundy? Wonder what it was doing in Bundy? 047_freaked.gif.8ed0ad517b0740d5ec95a319c864c7e3.gif

Registered to a Kangaroo flat Vic address since Oct 15.

Aircraft was flying at Bundy when I was on accident day.

• Caution 1

I don't know, Dick. Perhaps we should wait and see what an investigation of the cause reveals. What's the weather like up in Toowoomba? It's a bit too hot here for me to be jumping to conclusions, but perhaps that's the only exercise available to some people.....

So was the Jab that crashed factory built or experimental?

VH SZQ

Power Driven Aeroplane with landing gear

Single Piston engine

Manufacturer: AMATEUR BUILT AIRCRAFT

Model: JABIRU J430

Serial number: 313

Aircraft first registered in Australia: 17 July 2006

Year of manufacture: 2006

So was the Jab that crashed factory built or experimental?

Do you see that as relevant? Can you explain why it might be relevant to this incident? Not stirring, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think it might be a relevant actor in this incident.

I see that you are labelling it as a "crash" while the ATSB stubbornly calls it a forced landing, but what would they know about anything?

• Agree 1

ATSB calls the Jab one forced landing in their summary, (see summary below - the bolding and underlining were added by me) and categorises it as an accident. They don't call it a crash. No word from them on the Tecnam incident/accident/occurrence yet.

FT's determination to emotively label every incident involving a Jabiru as a crash brings only heat to the discussion but sheds no light.

I'm suggesting is that we wait for ATSB to conduct the autopsy and determine the cause(s) rather than have the "experts" here decide the cause.

I think we would be better congratulating the pilots of the Jab and the Tecnam on their piloting skills for getting their aircraft on the ground safely than jumping to conclusions about either incident.

Summary

The ATSB is investigating an engine failure involving a Jabiru J430, VH-SZQ, 56 km WNW of Oakey Airport, Queensland on 19 November 2015.

During cruise, the engine failed and the pilot conducted a

forced landing

onto a road resulting in substantial damage.

As part of the investigation the ATSB will interview the pilot, gather maintenance information and additional information as required.

A report will be released in several months.

ASTB

Back in the day when language was used politely, gentlemen perspired but ladies felt the heat; Cars broke down but Rolls Royces failed to proceed. Perhaps Jabirus crash while other brands have in flight anomalies.

• Like 1