Engine failure Jabiru J430 Queensland 19 Nov 2015

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Reports of extensive damage overstated, were they?

Na they are plastic mate remember,just heat up the blow torch and bend em back into shape lol,,,,,,C,mon all you nobs ,,have a sence of humour,no one was killed and was just flipping off at the jab lovers club as they gather for the annual meeting in the dark back corner of the blue oyster bar,{was cancelled last year because too many could not make it,something about through bolts or something]

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

What? Tecnams? Nah, still plenty of them around. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Na heaps of the good old teckys around ,nothing wrong with a good old tinny,just the alloy donks in some ah lol

Bull , add a " y " to end of Bull and some here can take you a little more serious, that is how I see it , but I'm a Jab owner, but I have owned five aircraft and two have been Jabiru's. Two Rotax powered and one Lycoming. The 912 had lots of exhaust replacement and repairs, the lycoming had a cracked head. They all need maintenance.

I will be interested to know the cause of this engine stop.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

What is the real difference between the terms "forced landing" and "crash landing"?

To my mind, a "forced landing" is caused by one or more of

a. loss of the ability of the airplane to continue normal flying - caused by engine malfunction; fuel exhaustion, or airframe malfunction.

b. deterioration of weather conditions to a level below which continued flight towards planned destination, or away from areas of adverse conditions would be unsafe

c. incapacitation of crew or passengers which prevents safe operation of the airplane, or rapid access to medical assistance on the ground.

A "crash landing" is the impact of an airplane with water or land which results in damage to the airplane, and may result in injury to pilot and passengers.

Therefore, a "crash landing" can result from circumstances that would not be considered to have initiated the need for a "forced landing", and a "forced landing" may not result in damage to the airplane or injury to pilot or passengers.

OME

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
What is the real difference between the terms "forced landing" and "crash landing"?OME

Geese, OME! Just took a look at who put a like on your post and one was, Maj Millard.

• Caution 1