Typical of Major Ross Millard

flyerme

Hope this is not inapropriate but I'm looking at the hundreds of emails Ross sent me and this one made me smile.

I'm very devastated by one my mentors passing... I confide in him often.

Right now if I don't smile I'll cry.. Will remember all you taught me mate

• Like 3

That sounds just like Ross. He would enjoy looking down and watching our reactions. That is assuming he went up there, although I doubt that he will get the 20 virgins because ha wasn't of the correct religion.

• Like 2

That sounds just like Ross. He would enjoy looking down and watching our reactions. That is assuming he went up there, although I doubt that he will get the 20 virgins because ha wasn't of the correct religion.

I reckon he would prefer them well versed in the ways of the karma sutra...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Logic obviously doesn't play any part in fundamental religious thinking. Anyone of legal age, dying a virgin must be extremely aesthetically challenged. It would be like hell really. Imagine blowing yourself up and finding yourself surrounded by fat, hairy, repulsive, deformed virgins with poor personal hygiene for all eternity!

That would stop anyone with two functioning brain cells from donning a suicide vest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Inflation is a bitch. 72 virgins already down to 20, what is the world coming to.

nobody said they were female, no one said they were good looking and no one said they were clean so the chances are dirty male ugly virgins. Good luck..something to look forward to .. lol

• Haha 1

nobody said they were female, no one said they were good looking and no one said they were clean so the chances are dirty male ugly virgins.

OK this is getting OT and it doesn't apply to Ross of course but just to correct ^ the promised virgins are indeed women and claimed to be good looking, Mohammad described them with various attributes such as 'doe eyed' and 'full breasted' (varies with English translations) along with the unlimited alcohol. For those that successfully resisted their homosexual urges whilst alive there is also the option of having young boys instead - and no, I'm not making this up. It's Islamic doctrine, all in their sacred texts. I can post the relevant verses but getting quite OT so I'll leave it there.

• Informative 2
  • Caution 1

Is it heaven for the virgins? How come they are in that condition? I reckon they would have to be bog ugly and maybe even that wouldn't save them. What happens to the female bombers? What good are the virgins to them? Perhaps they instruct the doe eyed large breasted virgins how to do all the things they missed out on . What BS. Nev

Just for a bit of factual discourse....The whole "72 Virgins" thing is a load of baloney thinly veiled as propaganda. Good only for a bit of a laugh for the sorts that laugh at that sort of thing...and great for ISIS recruitment.

• Agree 1

When I want unbiased advice on theology,I come to you do I Gnu?. There's plenty of incest, homosexuality/ sodomy stoning people to death etc read it if you want to. I can't be bothered since some one told me how it ends and spoiled the story. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

But the New Testament supersedes the Old Testament...

In Christian Theology, the old testament is now a historical document, not the current operating manual for life.

We no longer have to paint blood on the doors over passover or toss the yeast, and all the rest of the requirements of making burnt offerings on altars et al are obsolete.

In Islam, if two statements conflict, the older has precedence... Think of what life would be like if the Ops Manuals could never be updated. changed, altered, varied or adjusted.

Which is part of why good Muslims loathe Bahaii, their religion is an offshoot of Islam as Islam is a perverted used camel salesmans offshoot of Christianity.

Mohammed used to be a Christian, before he started his own cult and marched off into the desert to convert the heathen, taking a large proportion of the Monophysite Christian heretics of the time with him. This left the dominant Dyophysite Christians that made up the Church of Rome/Catholic Church to dominate the theology until the Muslim hordes came out of Asia and took the holy land, sparking the Crusades.

• Like 1

C'mon Half the bigotry, hate of gays, not able to divorce etc the Christians talk of is from the old testament. I think the Islamics didn't like the idea of a triumvirate, father son and holy ghost, that Constantine pushed, so that's why they harp on about there is only one god, Allah and Christ is recognised as a prophet but their new one Mohammed, supercedes our bloke so what they think he says goes. Its like having a joker in your hand. It trumps everything. Nev

• Winner 1

C'mon Half the bigotry, hate of gays, not able to divorce etc the Christians talk of is from the old testament. I think the Islamics didn't like the idea of a triumvirate, father son and holy ghost, that Constantine pushed, so that's why they harp on about there is only one god, Allah and Christ is recognised as a prophet but their new one Mohammed, supercedes our bloke so what they think he says goes. Its like having a joker in your hand. It trumps everything. Nev

Its like Christianity Mk2 (or is it Mk3?)

"Drifting off topic" ?

Understatement of the millennium methinks!

Typical of Maj...... I had a brilliant flight yesterday. My thoughts dwelt on Maj, with sadness. But the joy of flight brought balance and understanding to me. He would have loved the view as much as I did.

• Like 1