Reported to RA-Aus, some people must have nothing better to do!

Aldo

Yep I have been known to do that.

And to add to the confusion Low Level at night in CTA. 015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif

Well the feild elevation is 1335', we do have hills and Oakey is active (CTA) through the week. Still not sure where the 3500' figure comes from. Been into a local strip around here that is at 2500'.

So u want to pay landing fees. I would object give them your rego not mine

Our aerodrome is managed and maintained by those of us who own hangars there. We pay lease costs, usage costs, rates, mow the grass, look after fences and signs, re-seal the runway when required and numerous other things that cost money. If you choose to land here your $5.00 UL or $10.00 GA is a very small contribution to this cost. Those who fly in and don't first obtain permission from the operator and then do not contribute are just leaches on Aviation IMHO.

• Agree 10
  • Informative 1

when I join a club my details are given at the time to be true and correct

as for registration off aircraft not being available why not then if that aircraft is doing the wrong thing you can then contact them an inform them that you don't approve of their behaviour

I am willing to pay landing fees for the use of the strip have paid double the amount just for the use off their toilet neil

• Caution 1

Our aerodrome is managed and maintained by those of us who own hangars there. We pay lease costs, usage costs, rates, mow the grass, look after fences and signs, re-seal the runway when required and numerous other things that cost money. If you choose to land here your $5.00 UL or $10.00 GA is a very small contribution to this cost. Those who fly in and don't first obtain permission from the operator and then do not contribute are just leaches on Aviation IMHO.

I also own a hangar and contribute to costs and mow grass our local council charges like a wounded bull already if I'm doing touch and goes or just general flying it can add up to a lot of money per week I don't mind paying if I land somewhere else that is only fair

Also I'm a taxpayer and never been on the dole in my life and would rather see my tax dollars used on things like airports than on buying housing commission homes for dole bludgers and drug addicts and asylum seekers who want to take our money and shun our way of life not to mention pollies chopper rides Rant over

• Like 1

Landing fees, I don't pay them at my local airport. Gladstone.

I used to use the airport quite a lot, bought fuel there for years.

The ratepayers of which I am one paid millions to upgrade the airstrip, deleted the taxi ways to both ends and turned most of the airport into a car park. Then they impose a landing fee, so they miss out on my fuel buying.

We used to have an aviation friendly airport until the shires were amalgamated and our mayor George Creed died. Since then airport use is only for the airlines. The local flying club folded, couldn't get any sense out of the airport heirarchy.

Landing fees, I don't pay them at my local airport. Gladstone.I used to use the airport quite a lot, bought fuel there for years.

The ratepayers of which I am one paid millions to upgrade the airstrip, deleted the taxi ways to both ends and turned most of the airport into a car park. Then they impose a landing fee, so they miss out on my fuel buying.

We used to have an aviation friendly airport until the shires were amalgamated and our mayor George Creed died. Since then airport use is only for the airlines. The local flying club folded, couldn't get any sense out of the airport heirarchy.

Yenn I think our council would be happy if we all left so all they had left is REX they put our rates up in town every year the maximum amount they can and are increasing all airfield charges without consultation .

The reporter of the "incident" did not witness anything. As a result it should have been ignored. To report to authorities is dopey, wasting their time.

Over time this is going to drive many to have aircraft listed as unknown As Rowan says can easily be done and we loose a portion of good awareness technology can provide. Its great to know callsign of nearby aircraft.

Others will use bogus callsigns or one they dont remember to respond to.

If it were CASA you would likely have to prove it wasnt your Jab flying or face prosecution.

• Agree 5

How can you claim not having the call sign listed we lose awareness yet this very incident was the result of someone having the incorrect call sign and aircraft type displayed.

I'm sure producing the aircraft hire or training invoice to CASA would be more then enough

Hey guys - Rowan from OzRunways here. I'll try to give some facts to help. Also see blog.ozrunways.com for a more detailed explanation of how the traffic works.- It doesn't log when you're driving or stationary. We have algorithms that determine when you are airborne and its in everybody's interest to *not* display people on the ground

- Our privacy policy says we will not share your historical information with anybody except search & rescue agencies and accident investigators so we can all learn from accidents and help pinpoint missing persons. We will never give your information to anybody else without a valid court order, which we have never received.

- You can hide your callsign with a setting in OzRunways → Settings → Traffic. You will appear as 'Unknown' to other users.

- If you do choose to display your callsign, which I would recommend, it uses the one set in your aircraft profile (if you are in a plan). Otherwise it uses the one in Settings → Traffic.

I don't actively monitor this forum so if you have any questions please hit us up at help.ozrunways.com

Cheers, Rowan.

?????????? screen shots from my flights. The blue bit is Oakey CTA.

pzroad1.jpg.4ed9490b0b08fda4333b865f62e628fc.jpg

ozroad.jpg.d5bf618ac21b9db95913925c17681a75.jpg

How can you claim not having the call sign listed we lose awareness yet this very incident was the result of someone having the incorrect call sign and aircraft type displayed.I'm sure producing the aircraft hire or training invoice to CASA would be more then enough

I think what he's getting at is that more and more in this once great country, you end up having to prove your innocence rather than them prove your guilt.

Not supposed to be that way in a "free" country.

I think what he's getting at is that more and more in this once great country, you end up having to prove your innocence rather than them prove your guilt.Not supposed to be that way in a "free" country.

How do you expect anyone to establish guilt or innocence when they aren't even allowed to ask a question without people claiming nanny state!

• Agree 1

I went up to Renmark for Easter in the Auster, in company with two other aircraft, both of which have the legs of me by about 15 knots. One is a PA 28.

Somewhere between Swan Hill and Wentworth, I noticed that Ozrunways was showing an aircraft flying almost immediately behind the PA28 and thought the other must be flying in formation with it. They were so close together all I could make out was the VH bit of the rego. Then I realised the second aircraft's pilot wasn't endorsed for formations.

When I enlarged the image on the screen I realised it was another aircraft altogether and thought *^#~!

But then I realised that one of the pax in the back seat of the Warrior had his iPad running on Ozrunways too.

Kaz

• Haha 3

Hope the same over zealous folks report the upcoming drone infringements, can see "idiots" chasing inbounds at airports, can see all sorts of incidences. Can see payload carrying drone, REALLY causing a serious incident. Real serious. ( if you get my drift )

If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear, except mistaken identity and official corruption and incompetence.

You forgot thieves ice addicts and terrorists

Hope the same over zealous folks report the upcoming drone infringements, can see "idiots" chasing inbounds at airports, can see all sorts of incidences. Can see payload carrying drone, REALLY causing a serious incident. Real serious. ( if you get my drift )

I'd be happy if they started reporting some of the pensioners around here who are just passengers( in the drivers seat) while their vehicles do whatever happens.

oz runways pseudo ADSB is a great tool, but by no means a controlled verified source. For a regulator to act on such "evidence" is a not really a valid reason. They do have to follow up on any report. It would say not so much the snapshot but simply the report. You could have just have easily said you were not flying and that would be that.

I'm guessing that quite a few people must have read or heard of this thread. I looked at Ozrunways tracking when this thread started and there were very few "unknown", now after Rowan's post about hiding your rego, most are "unknown". Seems like not many have faith in the regulator, or those that have not much to do.

• Agree 2

I'm guessing that quite a few people must have read or heard of this thread. I looked at Ozrunways tracking when this thread started and there were very few "unknown", now after Rowan's post about hiding your rego, most are "unknown". Seems like not many have faith in the regulator, or those that have not much to do.

I suspect that may just be coincidence. I have looked at Ozrunways ( both the app and their website page which gives a similar map with the traffic on it) numerous times and sometimes it's full of " unknowns" and sometimes it is lots of known call signs. ( haven't been able to tell if there's a pattern to which is more common)