RAAus and ELAAA

Admin

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Alban Tafili?

Coljones how would we know who Alban Tafili is? I really don't know what you are getting at by that comment but if you trying to be funny you are not. Otherwise, if you are trying to say that ELAAA is linked to some religious organization or terrorist group you better be careful because that type of innuendo will get you into a lot of trouble these days not unlike you saying as you board an RPT, I have a bomb in my bag. It has nothing to with ELAAA take it up with Google as it doesn't come up when one correctly goes to and have permission to go to the ELAAA FB site. Maybe some of the dissenters are just playing games.

• More 1

Your facebook account links to him in the 'contact info' section. Your CEO was made aware of it over a month ago and its still not fixed.

Oh yes by the way if you had read the small print when you Googled the name you would have seen that it wasn't ELAAA Australia that you were searching but an OS organization. Also if you can still get on to that site your computer may be corrupted as it doesn't exist any longer, maybe Google was getting closer to identifying those who had orchestrated confusion in the first place and they shut it down.

• Like 1

Oh yes by the way if you had read the small print when you Googled the name you would have seen that it wasn't ELAAA Australia that you were searching but an OS organization. Also if you can still get on to that site your computer may be corrupted as it doesn't exist any longer, maybe Google was getting closer to identifying those who had orchestrated confusion in the first place and they shut it down.

I didn't google it. I went to your facebook page, clicked 'about' then clicked on the link that was under 'contact info'. No need to use google at all.

Anyway, the link has been removed when I checked this morning.

P.S. thanks for posting the link to Amateur, Homebuilt, LSA and Experimental Aircraft Resource for Pilots and Owners, it has become one of my favourite sites

I didn't google it. I went to your facebook page, clicked 'about' then clicked on the link that was under 'contact info'. No need to use google at all.Anyway, the link has been removed when I checked this morning.

P.S. thanks for posting the link to Amateur, Homebuilt, LSA and Experimental Aircraft Resource for Pilots and Owners, it has become one of my favourite sites

Yes it's been removed now. I have no idea how it got there. One of the site visitor's told me about it long before it became an issue on these forums but I could not at first see it and then when I Googled ELAAA and had to put in that lettering to show that you aren't a robot it showed up. I fixed that but was unaware that it was actually the web details under ELAAA contact details.

Either it was just a genuine mistake within the system with Google or some smart arse who knows something about hacking for whatever reason set it up.

The actual web page has just about been completed it's construction stage now and hopefully not long before it is available for viewing.

Things are moving ahead with all our manuals now with CASA. The nice gentlemen at CASA dealing with the matter have advised me that it may take a little time but not an excessively long time to vet them as they have some pressing safety issues to deal with at this time. They said that despite this they will endeavour to do their best.

It has been a long hard road to get we are now and it's going to continue to be challenging but all involved are very committed to the task of making it work.

For those who think that our intention is to topple RAA nothing could be further from the truth.

We are of the firm view that the very existence of ELAAA will promote improved safety and give the sports aviation community a choice, which it has long needed.

It will hopefully also be in the future a one stop shop for a number of other aviation functions or areas that RAA is not involved in.

Anyway all that are interested will hopefully have in due course an opportunity to check ELAAA benefits out and make their own choice as to if they wish to come on board or remain with their status quo.

Safe flying all.

• Like 3
  • Informative 3

Yes it's been removed now. I have no idea how it got there. One of the site visitor's told me about it long before it became an issue on these forums but I could not at first see it and then when I Googled ELAAA and had to put in that lettering to show that you aren't a robot it showed up. I fixed that but was unaware that it was actually the web details under ELAAA contact details.Either it was just a genuine mistake within the system with Google or some smart **** who knows something about hacking for whatever reason set it up.

The actual web page has just about been completed it's construction stage now and hopefully not long before it is available for viewing.

Things are moving ahead with all our manuals now with CASA. The nice gentlemen at CASA dealing with the matter have advised me that it may take a little time but not an excessively long time to vet them as they have some pressing safety issues to deal with at this time. They said that despite this they will endeavour to do their best.

It has been a long hard road to get we are now and it's going to continue to be challenging but all involved are very committed to the task of making it work.

For those who think that our intention is to topple RAA nothing could be further from the truth.

We are of the firm view that the very existence of ELAAA will promote improved safety and give the sports aviation community a choice, which it has long needed.

It will hopefully also be in the future a one stop shop for a number of other aviation functions or areas that RAA is not involved in.

Anyway all that are interested will hopefully have in due course an opportunity to check ELAAA benefits out and make their own choice as to if they wish to come on board or remain with their status quo.

Safe flying all.

Apology accepted Rick.

Cheers

• Like 2

I got there in poor conditions and got home again, in rain at 900' to get below the cloud. Just beat a thunderstorm home. Not what I like flying in.

ELAAA have all their proposals and paperwork with CASA and are hoping for a Feb approval, but they were hoping for end of November approval before, so it is very much up to CASA as to when they can start operating and giving out full info about their business. They are already conducting training in maintenance and safety I think. Going to Emerald and later to Innisfail.

They will be registering aircraft and flight training establishments. Certificated or licenced pilots will be able to fly panes registered with them. They will be doing training to suit continuing on to PPL and higher licences, including instrument training to satisfy the two hours requirement for a PPL. I might even have a crack at that, as there was no instrument requirement when I got my PPL, so i have not one a formal course. Not that I could fly the Corby on instruments, as it doesn't have an AH or T&B

My update really doesn't have much news value.

• Informative 1

• 6 months later...

Here we are in June and CASA are still delaying things.

The trouble seems to be that there is no mechanism to make CASA bureaucrats do any work. They get paid the same if they work or spent their days on more relaxing pastimes.

I reckon its a fact of life that bureaucracies don't have to do any work.

Here's another example: Dash-cams connected to a speed-reading GPS could provide evidence to prosecute traffic hoons. But you would have to arrange for fee-for-service lawyers to be authorized to initiate the prosecutions, or nothing much would ever happen.

bruce that idea can back fire in my cars and utes have tom tom that records speed time and place also das cam that does the same plus filming plus live tracking back to computer makes me drive more to the rules plane did have live tracking at a cost of an arm and a leg mutch cheaper now with new gadgets neil

On the subject of both organisations, I hope the ELAAA gets up and running soon because the way RAA Aus is increasing fees etc it wont be long before it becomes cheaper to register everything GA experimental and save some dollars.

• Agree 6

Isn't it already cheaper to register GA then RAAus?

I've noticed that in a lot of discussions over the past year, people have given medical issues as their reason for going RAA rather than lower cost of GA.

That may well be the case. Avmed haven't exactly covered themselves with glory. The RPL is a disaster and there's a fair bit of confusion and anxiety around with this subject. Nev

• Agree 2

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Yep, but you're got to actually get it registered GA first...086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

Your right there KR ,but the price of used Cessna,s now is cheaper then some raa fantastic plastics ,with more room and somewhere to put the bags and tent too.............lol

• Agree 1

Sometimes GA plane( $50,000)? plus next 100 hourly (any number you might think of up to the price you will burn it rather than fix it) equals perhaps the best RAAus plane you can buy near new? Nev.