To all Lower Case People

Ron5335

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Chat noir" is logical. It's first of all a cat and then qualified by being black in colour. It's not a colour that is a cat There's a fair bit of logic in it. Nev

I agree there Nev, . We have a little hinged portal in the back door. so logically this is for the cat. It is then qualified by by the descriptive.

So we then have. . . Le "Chat Flap". 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

German language certainly is very strictly governed by rules, like just about everything else in German culture. However the grammar gets pretty complicated. There are literally 6 different ways to say "the" (der, die, das, den, dem, des) in accordance with 16 different rules and that's only starting with the basics!

And Latin has 3 genders and 6 cases (7 if you include the locative, eg at home), so that's 18 ways to say "the" 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif....and that's just the singular, then you have plurals..

And Latin has 3 genders and 6 cases (7 if you include the locative, eg at home), so that's 18 ways to say "the" 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif....and that's just the singular, then you have plurals..

Oh yes, I vaguely remember the RAF motto from Air cadets,. . .what was it now ?

'Per Ardua et Bovinus Excretum ad Astra' . . . or something like that. . .?

Oh yes, I vaguely remember the RAF motto from Air cadets,. . .what was it now ?'Per Ardua et Bovinus Excretum ad Astra' . . . or something like that. . .?

I seem to recall a WWII cartoon depicting some pilots and crew in New Guinea, with CO saying there'll be no Astra today fella's, just Ardua.

• Like 1

German language certainly is very strictly governed by rules, like just about everything else in German culture. However the grammar gets pretty complicated. There are literally 6 different ways to say "the" (der, die, das, den, dem, des) in accordance with 16 different rules and that's only starting with the basics!

Great language for swearing though!taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif

• Like 1