Where to buy nutplates...?

Marty_d

Hey all,

Starting work on the lower rear fuselage of the 701 and realise I need nutplates for the rear access hatch (and other inspection panels in wings).

Don't really want to do an order to the US because the freight would be far more than the item cost.

Is there anywhere in Aus that sells these? I'd need about 50 of the plates and screws.

Part numbers are:

Plates: MS107SL3

Screws: AN525-10R7

Also #40 blind rivets, not sure if these have to be anything special as the nut and plate would be taking all the load.

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

Hey all,Starting work on the lower rear fuselage of the 701 and realise I need nutplates for the rear access hatch (and other inspection panels in wings).

Don't really want to do an order to the US because the freight would be far more than the item cost.

Is there anywhere in Aus that sells these? I'd need about 50 of the plates and screws.

Part numbers are:

Also #40 blind rivets, not sure if these have to be anything special as the nut and plate would be taking all the load.

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

Hi Marty,

I have used ASAP Aircraft spares in Caboolture, Qld a few times, they will email you a quote beforehand so you don't crap yourself later, and very quick with the mailing too. Check their website or call them.

Cheers

Rick

Hey all,Starting work on the lower rear fuselage of the 701 and realise I need nutplates for the rear access hatch (and other inspection panels in wings).

Part numbers are:

Thanks!

Cheers, Marty

Hi Marty

You can try Superior aircraft parts in Brisbane they have a big supply of hardware or

Aircraft Propellers and Spares. ... Building 127, Third St MoorabbinAirport. They have lots of hardware too

Cheers

• Informative 1

Hi Marty,I have used ASAP Aircraft spares in Caboolture, Qld a few times, they will email you a quote beforehand so you don't crap yourself later, and very quick with the mailing too. Check their website or call them.

Cheers

Rick

Thanks Rick!

I think that you have mis-quoted the nutplate part number. I think it should be MS21075L3. Give Dave Dent at QED Aircraft Parts and Hardware (02 464551514) a call.

Do you have a part identifier for the blind rivet? Dave should have those also - as well as the screws.

1902426968_Nutplatescodebreaker.png.cc5e6dbd347154c86b686d4832690fec.png

Nutplates.jpg.d7c581ab1458dce022f308287f727259.jpg

• Agree 1

Thanks OME.

You are correct, I stuffed up the reference, it is indeed MS21075L3. I took it off the photo building guide instead of the plans and it was wrong there.

Just gave Dave Dent a ring and he's getting back to me with a quote.

There's no real load on the rivets. Soft aluminium countersunk plain rivets would do. I think I got the last ones I used from Aviall at Airport West, near Essendon Airport. (not the rivets, the nutplate(s) Nev.

• Agree 1

Thanks everyone,

I put in an order with Superior Aircraft Parts. Their cost for the nutplates was $22 for a bag of 25, compared with another place that quoted $2.09 each. Unfortunately Dave Dent didn't call back yet so I went with Superior.

try these out and let us know if they are any good Click Bond, Inc.

Clickbond are good for standoffs bonded to composite parts, but I hate their anchor nuts (nutplates), as it just takes a little bit of hamfist (and it might not be you undoing it) to push it off the other side when undoing a screw, and especially it it's a bit tight with the self locking medium. Way less effort to drill two holes and pull two rivets.

That's not a nut plate....this is a nutplate...[ATTACH=full]48551[/ATTACH]

Crikey I had just taken a mouthful of breakfast when I saw that post...no more breakfast for me

• Agree 3