RG and CSU endorsments RAA Brisbane Area

Hi All

I am looking at doing my RPL this year, but before I apply it seems that I might be better to do my CSU and RG endorsements prior to applying for the RPL.

Does anyone know of somewhere in or near Brisbane to do these endorsements

Also I would be interested Waterborne Floats and Waterborne Hull endorsement if anyone knows of someone doing them?

Hi AllI am looking at doing my RPL this year, but before I apply it seems that I might be better to do my CSU and RG endorsements prior to applying for the RPL.

Also I would be interested Waterborne Floats and Waterborne Hull endorsement if anyone knows of someone doing them?

Flightscope at Archerfield

Ask for Captain Rod

Tell him Ant sent you

You won't go wrong

And no I'm not on commission for referrals

Geoff

It might be worth checking, certainly CSU and RG are transferable from a CASA licence to RPC but I would check the other way - e.g. "in flight adjustable" is not a CSU.

Just a thought before you spend money, best to know.

Frank

Thank you. I have been reading up on it, if you have an endorsement prior to applying for the RPL, it is transferable to the RPL.

Any endorsements done with RAA after getting the RPL are not transferable to the RPL.

That is why I think it better to to the endorsment first so that I only need to do them once.

So can you explain the difference between CSU and in flight adjustable please?

Happyflyer That was my thought, cheaper to do it beforehand rather than later.

Yes, a bit cheaper but hard to find features in RAAus aircraft. Usually only two hours flying doing both endorsements together, so not too much of a price to pay if done GA.

I can be a slow learner m* so might take me a bit longer LOL

Ha ha. Don't underestimate yourself so much! You seem to think deeply and plan well. Both these endorsements are 80% prior learning and preparation followed by carrying out the actions a few times.

• Agree 1

So can you explain the difference between CSU and in flight adjustable please?

Inflight adjustable you can change pitch in flight.

CSU is as per name, constant speed unit, governor if you like. You adjust to desired RPM and the unit adjusts the pitch to keep constant RPM. Power is adjusted by manifold pressure.

The GA endorsement is actually called MPPC (manual pitch propellor control) not CSU. Should not be a problem for RAAus to GA or vice versa. Cheaper to do it RAAus if you can find RAAus aircraft to do it in ( big if ).

Sportstar has MPPC.

Hi AllI am looking at doing my RPL this year, but before I apply it seems that I might be better to do my CSU and RG endorsements prior to applying for the RPL.

Hey Geoff, I think you may be able do your CSU endorsement at Redcliffe at Fly-Now. They had a CTLS there in the recent past.Tony

Thank you for all the replies. As suggested by Round Engines, I can do my RG at Flightscope and will probably organise that for next week.

I will follow up on the other suggestions.

Hey Geoff, I think you may be able do your CSU endorsement at Redcliffe at Fly-Now. They had a CTLS there in the recent past.Tony

I got my in-flight adjustable propeller endorsement in the Flight Design MC at Redcliffe, but last I heard Fly-Now weren't using that aircraft anymore.

• Agree 1

Geoff would you like to do to some flying in a friend of mines 182.?

Very reasonable rates and will go halves with you anyway.

I suggest going local to Air Qld to do your RPL and endorsements. They are a RAA and GA School at Redcliffe, Doug Heath is a CASA examiner and is the Owner - and best chief pilot and seniour instructor you'll find anywhere.

Available Tuesday, Thursday and weekends, give me a bit of notice to request and book the aircraft.

Flying a plane with one in isn't a big deal. Knowing about the forces acting on the blades and pitch stop settings and how they should be set up is what's needed. I find generally any real understanding is lacking. A fine stop set high is ok for safety. Won't over rev at flyable speeds but may be some performance loss on take off. etc. You also need to know fine pitch and high airspeed with a radial engine and throttle closed is not a good idea. "Balanced power" applies to radials, if you want the engine to be reliable. Nev

To answer - what it is in GA - this is it on a twin. Its not like some flick a switch and forget. Oh its the blue ones. Touchy little bastards in flight getting cruise power, set up SOMETIMES. More things to play with - or forget.

upload_2017-3-30_14-46-17.jpeg.ffd32f64cf8521ae5e498bdedc89014b.jpeg

+1 for air qld, great organisation however I have to declare I'm extremely biased there. If anyone is looking for any good value RA endorsements at Redcliffe PM me and I will see what I can organise.

Another + 1 for Air QLD. A few years ago I decided to get current flying GA aircraft again (currently flying for a Major Airline) and after visiting the other mob at YRED (they wanted 3-5 hours for a check ride) I walked down the road to Air QLD, spoke to DH and a few days latter after less than 1.5 hours in a C172 I was cleared to fly all their single engine fleet.

Last year I started the conversion over to RAAus using their Sling, but had to stop due to work, however will be back their next month to finish it off.

• Like 1

the other mob at YRED

I too went there years ago before I found out about RAAus, the reception I got was less than friendly & when the guy behind the desk found out I was an airline pilot, well you could of seen the ice form, less than impressed.

• Agree 1

Not having been there I don't really know who or where this was, but unfortunately in a lot of training schools there can be a lot of angry young men doing the instructing who think it is an affront to their superior skills that someone other than them is in the cockpit of an airliner.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
Geoff,Russell Middleton from Pro-sky at Maryborough had access to a floating hull aircraft for endorsements.

Wayne.

Russ stopped using the floating hull aircraft a couple of months ago. It's a shame, I did a flight in it with him & it was serious fun!

• Informative 1