17 year old solo around Australia.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me, around Australia should be,all the way around the perimeter of the country,otherwise! it`s not Circumnavigation.

Circumnavigation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Circumnavigation means to travel all the way around the entire planet, or an island, or continent.

Frank.

• Agree 2

Is there a chance that I could do an oldest pilot around Australia. What is the record for oldest?

Hey Yenn, some old bloke has beaten you to it.

Elderly pilot flies around Australia at 84 to get 'oldies' to dream big

Broken Hill Aero Club stalwart Lawrie Hutton has taken off on the flight of his life. In his old Cessna 172, modified to carry more fuel, Mr Hutton will be flying solo to the four most extreme points on the Australian mainland, a journey of 13,000 kilometres. It will be the longest flight Mr Hutton has embarked upon in his 84 years on earth.

Mr Hutton had to search his memory to recall other octogenarian pilots who have embarked on an adventure such as his. "I think the quick answer to that is probably no, not a lot," he said. "But I do come across a few from time to time. "There was an old retired guy, a 93-year-old, who showed up at Broome on his around-Australia flight in a Brumby light aircraft.

Elderly pilot takes off on round-Australia solo flight

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he's done it.

Teen pilot becomes youngest person to fly solo around Australia

Tasmanian teenager Oliver O'Halloran now holds a flying record.

The 17-year-old has become the youngest person to fly solo and unassisted around Australia.

He returned to Hobart today after a 20-day trip flying 15,000 kilometres circumnavigating the country in a single-engine aircraft, in a record attempt dubbed Solo17.

• Like 2

Listened to him on Australia all Over with Macca last week.

Macca invited him to ring back tomorrow after completing the trip.

Seemed like a well grounded young man.

Is there a chance that I could do an oldest pilot around Australia. What is the record for oldest?

Lawrie Hutton a member of Broken Hill aero club is currently doing just that .Lawrie is 84. Haven't got the link but ABC broken Hill has a web page about his trip.

• Like 1