And the Press drones on .....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that the feeling here is that calling for the full weight of the Law to fall on a person for such a trivial offence is bad, and that the call is being made only because of the position of the person involved in this particular incident.By the way, the flight seems to have been conducted well above an open space, and not over any building. Would it have been wrong if she had been standing on the ground and the drone was at the height it was when the operator was on the balcony?

Was it trivial? How do you get the message out about the dangers of breaking the law? You do it by finding and prosecuting politicians who cheat on their allowances, their tax, and rort their responsibilities. There is nothing served by bailing up a 10 year old (it only brings dirision on the law and the cops). Pauline gets paid $200 thousand plus allowances and perks to make the laws. If you are in that position you should respect the laws and obey them, everyone one else is expected to, why not Pauline? If she wants to be part of making the laws then she shouldn't expect any mercy if she breaks the law (beside she can afford the fine).

• Agree 4

Why blame the press for someone's irresponsible action?

Your point is completely valid, but you forgot to mention the bias part.

You break the law occasionally, we all do, how would you like it having a bunch of people hanging around you waiting to single you out with malice every time you did.

I lived in Canberra for 2 years, I know enough to know what some of the Pollies get up to on our time and money.

Your point is completely valid, but you forgot to mention the bias part.You break the law occasionally, we all do, how would you like it having a bunch of people hanging around you waiting to single you out with malice every time you did.

I lived in Canberra for 2 years, I know enough to know what some of the Pollies get up to on our time and money.

We probably all would bend it in some way but should obeying the law be entirely optional or self administering. Perhaps you can provide us with some tables and matrices of laws, penalties and people and how administration and self administration of apprehension and conviction should occur.

how administration and self administration of apprehension and conviction should occur.

Justice, and the just application of it, means that everyone is treated equally.

I ask for no more or less for everybody. Sadly this is only not true, in political circles it seems to be getting worse and democratically Minorities get raped by the 2 Party System if they dare to make inroads.

• Agree 1

Justice, and the just application of it, means that everyone is treated equally.

Hey Bex, did you see the one about Credlin being caught DUI. Guess what? Nothing happened. The same thing applied to Kate Carnall when she was 1st Minister in ACT. Laws are never applied equally. Politics is a winner take all game. Poorlean is on a $200,000 cream cake ride and should be careful. Remembering how it turned out last time around.

• Agree 1

the easiest thing is the world for Tarpaulin and James to do now is run around the bush promising to fix everything, knowing that drone nation won't ever have to deliver on a single promise.

• Agree 1

Nothing happened. .

Exactly, had it been any minority Member/Senator who doesn't toe the 2 Party System, then they would see the full force of the law.

Do we know that the law has been broken, or is it just because she is the politician we all must hate?Would you want a mate of yours fined for breaking the law or would you hope that he would just get ticked off.

What is correct weight of that quad copter?

Do you all realise, weight is the governing factor of the operating parameters of a quad copter.

Till the correct weight is established no one can comment with an accurate view.

Too me it looked small.

KP

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Law Breaking!

I seem to remember a law about "reversing out of driveway" that a person has to supervise it from the road side.

Or it becomes a misdemeanor, with a dollar penalty.

spacesailor

• You should only fly in visual line-of-sight, in day visual meteorological conditions (VMC). What does that mean?

No night flying (generally).

• No flying in or through cloud or fog.

• Be able to see the aircraft with your own eyes (rather than through first-person-view [FPV, binoculars, telescopes]) at all times, (unless you operate under the procedures of an approved model flying association. Contact the MAAA for more information about flying FPV).

[*]You must not fly closer than 30 metres to vehicles, boats, buildings or people.

[*]You must not fly over populous areas such as beaches, heavily populated parks, or sports ovals while they are in use.

[*]In controlled airspace, which covers most Australian cities, you must not fly higher than 120 metres (400 feet) above the ground.

[*]You must not fly in a way that creates a hazard to other aircraft, so you should keep at least 5.5 km away from airfields, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites.

[*]You must not fly your RPA in or over prohibited / restricted area, unless you have the permission of the authority controlling the area.

• In restricted airspace, aircraft movements are reduced to those with certain specified permissions. Examples of restricted airspace include airspace around military installations or military controlled aerodromes, over Sydney Harbour, high-density flying operations or at an air show or other large public event. Restricted airspace may also be imposed by police for safety or security reasons near bushfires or major crime scenes. It is illegal to fly your RPA in these areas without permission.

Operations within the 3nm (5.5km) radius of an aerodrome or helicopter landing site are possible and lawful providing you comply with the Standard Operating Conditions listed above and ensure that you do not operate:

• on the approach and departure path, or

• within the movement area, or

• create a hazard to aircraft that may be using those areas.

RPA used for sport or recreational purposes that weigh 150kg or less are considered to be operating privately and are regulated by the provisions for model aircraft. More information about these requirements are provided in Advisory Circulars available for download:

• Informative 1

Law Breaking! I seem to remember a law about "reversing out of driveway" that a person has to supervise it from the road side.

Or it becomes a misdemeanor, with a dollar penalty.

spacesailor

If you pull up at a pub on your horse, they must supply a water facility for the horse.

• Winner 1

I voted fer her, only because she says what most of us are thinking.

And it's about the only way I get to have my say, and thats through her.

Maybe she's been influenced by others (the past has shown it's been by blokes that can't cut the cheese on their own)

She's like any other poly, get as much as they can, an just given them self 3% raise and senior public servants, and the pensioners get nuthin.

I believe that the only bloke that worth being there is Barnaby Joyce.

He's got em the size of emu eggs, and puts the rest to shame, especially Harbour side mansion, an that bunch of sick jokes on the other side of the shed.

Barny fer President!

• Haha 1

...only because she says what most of us are thinking.

Well, 6% of us perhaps. Hardly "most".

But in any case, all the political, religious and non-aviation threads have been moved to another site - "What's Up Australia" - Whats Up Australia

You can also find it by going to "New", then "Off Topic".

Cheers!

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2

winsor68.. What is the weight of that drone you have in mind?

The governing factor for the activities for these drones is their weight.

Every one here -- is speaking as one size fits all. Far from what is the elective operating parameters.

KP

winsor68.. What is the weight of that drone you have in mind?The governing factor for the activities for these drones is their weight.

Every one here -- is speaking as one size fits all. Far from what is the elective operating parameters.

KP

Nothing to do with the weight. I think you are thinking of commercial operations.

Nothing to do with the weight. I think you are thinking of commercial operations.

Commercial operations money has to change hands.

Regarding weight there are those we fly about indoors and there are the spy ones which are silent and big as a large grass hopper.

Now for the weight categories there are those which are the very small ones to the large commercial ones and there are those in the middle, CASA is not 100% sure how to manage them -- yes CASA come out with information but this information contradicts its self so what hope have we.

Regarding Pauline's issue - the bush barristers have grabbed the story as if the drone is operating for a commercial activity.

I ask -- who weighted Pauline's drone? None of them have given us its weight.

KP

Commercial operations money has to change hands.Regarding weight there are those we fly about indoors and there are the spy ones which are silent and big as a large grass hopper.

Now for the weight categories there are those which are the very small ones to the large commercial ones and there are those in the middle, CASA is not 100% sure how to manage them -- yes CASA come out with information but this information contradicts its self so what hope have we.

Regarding Pauline's issue - the bush barristers have grabbed the story as if the drone is operating for a commercial activity.

I ask -- who weighted Pauline's drone? None of them have given us its weight.

KP

The weight is irrelevant. She operated within 30 meters of a building and over a built up area. There is no mention of weight in the model regs until you get to the really big machines.