And the Press drones on .....

Last night there was a doco segment on tv about drone pilot licencing. It highlighted the CASA regulator and the importance of operating within the rules. Then it showed a professional drone operator flying a large drone over a bunch of people. Does that fit within the rules? Is that a good role model to show the thousands of little (hobby size) drone operators? Or silly politicians?

• Like 3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really believe the media reporting on this issue was over the top. It is not like the media was stalking her and waiting for an issue to present itself. This would have remained unknown if she or someone had not uploaded it to youtube. It seems that the short attention of the media has moved to other things and the issue is now up to CASA as it should be.

My view of is that regardless of legality and no matter how light this drone was it still does carry some risks such as falling on someone, although not likely to cause serious injury, I do believe flying over busy roads or pedestrians carries risk. I do not think this should be a big legal deal and I would have no objection to a warning and education IF an offense has occurred.

It is important for the drone issue to be sorted out, especially for us pilots.

This is why to me flying over a busy road is dumb

I am most certainly not anti-drone, in fact, I want one.

I don't know what people see in her, she's achieved nothing in 20 years of politics

At least she's had a fly in a Jab how many of the other muppets can say the same

At least she's had a fly in a Jab how many of the other muppets can say the same

Donald Trump has flown in Air Force One, doesn't mean the Cookie Monster wouldn't make a better POTUS.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

NOW WHAT has your naughty Aussie Government been up to then ? ? ? ?

I dunno. . .first you allow the Brits to test their naughty nuclear bombs at Maralinga, now it's naughty missiles. . .what is it with South Australia then ?. . .is it the wines, ? ? ? ?

Hypersonic Missiles ? ? ? ? ?

http://ind.pn/2teg3BN