Holy snapping turtle eggs ...

Oh, Noo-ooo-oooo!! ... What about all the pax in the waiting aircraft?? Did any of them survive??? 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Imagine if those airliners had people in them, why it was "Almost the worst airliner disaster in history!!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So we watch what could have easily been a snuff movie and you find humour in it?

There are some lessons in the movie:

1.When test flying, wait for good weather. In this case there was a strong crosswind which presumably sprung up quickly, which can happen at Mojave. Have an alternate.

2. The aircraft had two engines but the single engine performance was marginal in which case it might be better to figure it as having one engine and fly appropriately. It should have been possible to find this out in the performance estimates during the design process.

The pilot was pretty badly banged up in fact.

Aviation can be a lot of fun but it is unforgiving. Opportunities for humour are there, but this wasn't one of them.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

They are model jet tbs turbines. In the shots put the front when it's clearly a human pilot there is the prop visible.

So yes. It's s cut together of two different aircraft for the purposes of showing something that's not quite kosher

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1

They are model jet tbs turbines. In the shots put the front when it's clearly a human pilot there is the prop visible.So yes. It's s cut together of two different aircraft for the purposes of showing something that's not quite kosher

Where is the prop? None I can see.

So we watch what could have easily been a snuff movie and you find humour in it?

Yes.

And the Pilot didn't "Almost got killed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", he walked away with an incredible story to tell his grandkids and left the World amazed.

• Like 1

I got caught out by the RC jet engines, thinking it was just an RC model, and all the rest was camera angles and acting BS.

I can't believe anyone would be idiotic enough to try and use RC jet engines to power a full-size, piloted aircraft - but as the saying goes, "there are only two things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity!"

I wonder if that Wasabi Racing pilot is the brother of that Colin Furze idiot? 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Caution 1

I got caught out by the RC jet engines, thinking it was just an RC model, and all the rest was camera angles and acting BS.I can't believe anyone would be idiotic enough to try and use RC jet engines to power a full-size, piloted aircraft - but as the saying goes, "there are only two things that are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity!"

I wonder if that Wasabi Racing pilot is the brother of that Colin Furze idiot? 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Watch this video to see how it's done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAdCt6qgj9k

I suppose a CRI CRI isnt what you'd call full size, but seeing it can carry a person.....

• Informative 1