Hi all-Blackshape Prime in Oz?

Hamtinboy

If I had 280k to spend on an aircraft, as nice as this aircraft would be, I would likely buy 3 or 4 others, plus a hanger

You sound skint, I'll send you a hanger, it's on me.

Would you prefer wooden or plastic?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi folks

Thanks for your feedback and positive support, except perhaps for this angry person;

Just one more question, Pilgrim. How far up your ass do you want my boot?

Let’s keep the passive-aggressive humour attempts to a minimum!

A syndicate of mates are very keen hence me asking, I understand the new Oz sales rep is now available -thanks for the link Downunder

Hi Hamtinboy

I'll be interested in a black shape Syndicate

I had a very enjoyable flight in the Blackshape a few weeks ago

please send a private message

Ham

A syndicate of mates are very keen hence me asking, I understand the new Oz sales rep is now available -thanks for the link Downunder

I have always enjoyed Bex's post and found them to be knowledgeable and at times a little funny 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif but sometimes a tongue in cheek dry sense of humour can be misinterpreted through a keyboard.

I normally understand a dry sense of humor as I have one but have learned to keep it in check thanks to my wife. The Bitch is always picking out my faults and does anyone else have this problem ?.

BTW she has read this and is having a cackle.

• 4 months later...
Hi allI’m new on the forum and curious if a Blackshape Prime has been sold to a private owner in Australia, yet?

Is so may I have your impressions please,

Cheers.

Yes, we just sold one to a private buyer in the Sunshine Coast. we will order 2 more to replace the sold unit 

Negative Yenn, The tarragon is a different aircraft. there are 3 or 4 aircraft that are coming out that look similar to the Blackshape. Possibly the Millennium Master design was purchased by more than one company. If you check the finish of the Blackshape, specifically inside the cockpit, compared to the others, there is a good deal of difference. Having said that, these other aircraft may well be quite nice. But they are not in AU yet and don't have a type certificate through RA Aus nor a permit to fly. So we are it for this sort of recreational tandem for the time being. Blackshape's operation is substantial and it is backed by a large company (Angelo Investments). Something else to consider when looking at similar aircraft is how long they will be around for. Blackshape has new aircraft in manufacture (Gabrielle BK160) plus a derivative for air force trainers (BK200), so they are not going anywhere. PLA Aviation is backed by Precision Light and Air, a 20 year old instrument company and we are not going anywhere either. 

What G loadings does the airforce need?

On a related topic, during the war there was a flying school at Port Pirie where they apparently lost about 5% of trainees. They were flying Tiger Moths.

How did they achieve this?  Did they rip their wings off a lot? 

I would expect all airforce trainees to become comfortable with unusual attitudes including basic aerobatics, but I am guessing. If yes then I would have thought around +6-3 would be more appropriate. Any airforce pilots care to enlighten us,

please.

The Blackshape is only expensive by the standards of us Jabiru owners.The airforce should use them for trainers, I bet the cost is peanuts compared with what they spend right now.

$300,000 is expensive based on the average median. That's not to say that there's not plenty of people who play in that area.

The Nigerian Airforce use 60 Vans RV-6s that they assembled themselves from kits for trainers, and the Taiwanese Airforce used Palmany PL-1s, also 60 in number, and that they also built themselves, in the 1970s.

Smart thinking and huge moneys saved as far I'm concerned.