New Here, Please Help!

sandeky5

My names Kyle, and I’m new here. I’m currently a new aspiring pilot with 10 or so hours thus far, with hopes of one day obtaining a commercial license.

Anyway, I came here looking for help because my brain isn’t working like it should.

Im proposing to my girlfriend on Sunday in the middle of winter up here in Michigan. We’re flying with a CFI from an airport around 40 minutes away from where I want to propose, and am looking for ideas on how to go about writing the “will you marry me” question on the ground for her to see from above. Keep in mind, the ground is white. I originally though about using orange ground marking paint to write the message on the lake ice behind her parents house, however I’d hate for the water quality control workers to chase me down because I’m pretty sure the SDS for the paint says it’s harmful to aquatic life. Any help would be appreciated!!

How about writing it in the snow with a small snow blower?

I've seen it done on the runway threshold very effectively with a ride-on lawnmower (summer of course), maybe something similar with the snow blower?

You could drink a slab of beer, then go out & write it 'naturally'

I was going to say the same thing, just make sure it is in your own handwriting not some other sheila's. LOL.

My names Kyle, and I’m new here. I’m currently a new aspiring pilot with 10 or so hours thus far, with hopes of one day obtaining a commercial license.Anyway, I came here looking for help because my brain isn’t working like it should.

Im proposing to my girlfriend on Sunday in the middle of winter up here in Michigan. We’re flying with a CFI from an airport around 40 minutes away from where I want to propose, and am looking for ideas on how to go about writing the “will you marry me” question on the ground for her to see from above. Keep in mind, the ground is white. I originally though about using orange ground marking paint to write the message on the lake ice behind her parents house, however I’d hate for the water quality control workers to chase me down because I’m pretty sure the SDS for the paint says it’s harmful to aquatic life. Any help would be appreciated!!

Sheezzz, don`t you have anything better to worry about? A friend of mine used a combine harvester to cut the words into a field of ripe wheat, but I understand your problem....too much snow and not enough wheat...Erik in Oz.

Welcome to the forum. If the ice doesn't have snow on it maybe you could write it with snow? One hell of a lot of work though unless you have some sort of machine to help you? My son took his prospective wife up in a hot air balloon. But I think he simply had the ring with him and the sunset - nothing on the ground. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum. If the ice doesn't have snow on it maybe you could write it with snow? One hell of a lot of work though unless you have some sort of machine to help you? My son took his prospective wife up in a hot air balloon. But I think he simply had the ring with him and the sunset - nothing on the ground. Good luck!

jasmreid. With your suggestion that he write on the ice with snow in the northern hemisphere in early March, you obviously have no idea of snow/ice conditions in Michigan in late winter. The ice will be three foot thick and the snow even deeper! I suggest Sandeky5 and his girlfriend live in sin for now and he formally proposes when the wheat crops are in full bloom.

Yes I don't have any first hand knowledge of conditions in Michigan in late winter. But I can search the internet;

SnowAngel.jpg.d46661c5983b8b38f61615ebf4bada48.jpg

Would not a larger version of this work if the shadow was in the right direction?