reverse parking

Guest deanfi

Someone who can build an aircraft like that, and with the flying experience he has can probably park it that way safely. To be fair it was done more slowly than the vid shows and it has a reversing camera. Reversing out of a driveway is probably more dangerous/heartbraking should we ban that?

The other planes in the hangar wouldn't be effected SO LONG as you're in reverse mode.Slip stream is going out the door and not into the hangar. FWIW, although as said, this is a wonderful aircraft, I would still prefer to see a Blackburn Beverley land, go into reverse, back up the run way, open it's clam shell doors, lower it's ramps, disgorge a personnel carrier and a Land Rover and about 100 soldiers, raise it's ramps, close its doors and head down the runway and take off. All in about 10 minutes. Happy RAF memories.

As a general rule you don't operate motors in a hangar. If you have enough money you can usually do as you like.. Landing a tailwheeler backwards (strong headwind situation) would not be easy to handle . I guess this guy steers on brakes with the tailwheel castering. Nev

Sure, but "example" comes to mind . People think it's OK because that bloke does it and it looks "COOL". Showing off doesn't fit well with aeroplane safety. . Cowboys should go to Rodeos to do their thing... It's not sissy to be safety conscious. (even though some might think so). Nev

We need to let go and let people make their own decisions and deal with whatever consequences come.

If they choose to do something and fail at it, then it's their problem and no-one else's.

We aren't talking about RPT pilots doing silly things, it's private operations on private property.

The only "example" you need to set is for your own children.

• Like 1

We need to let go and let people make their own decisions and deal with whatever consequences come.If they choose to do something and fail at it, then it's their problem and no-one else's.

We aren't talking about RPT pilots doing silly things, it's private operations on private property.

The only "example" you need to set is for your own children.

Wrong again; he’s not James Bond

I disagree.....It certainly is my opinion that adults need to be left to make their own choices, and that we need less intervention from interfering "authorities".

The fact that we have as much government interference in our lives is exactly what's wrong with our otherwise good country.

• Agree 2

I disagree.....It certainly is my opinion that adults need to be left to make their own choices, and that we need less intervention from interfering "authorities".The fact that we have as much government interference in our lives is exactly what's wrong with our otherwise good country.

The law is not going to backwards, leaving innocent people to pay for their own recovery.

In Australia that pilot has a duty of care not to kill or injure anyone as a result of a “reasonably forseeable risk”. We don’t as spectators or visitors to that hangar have to worry about it.