Fantastic nav skills.

Marty_d

I think it's photoshopped. You can't stop and start a radar paint like you can with smoke. Nev

Where's it been stopped?

It was the ADS-B paint, to disable that, all you need to do is select Standby when you need to. One of the VAF guys makes a habit of it, hell even Boeing does it:

Picture-3-660x388.jpg

PlaneDrawing.jpg

Images from Wired.com

• 1 month later...

You'd think that the crew might have twigged to the error when the compass was reading something like 300 and Dusseldorf is roughly 050 from London.

I hope his grandfather wasn't a Lancaster pilot. Bombing Edinburgh with an English plane could have really lead to Anglo-Scottish separation. 

You'd think that the crew might have twigged to the error when the compass was reading something like 300 and Dusseldorf is roughly 050 from London.

I hope his grandfather wasn't a Lancaster pilot. Bombing Edinburgh with an English plane could have really lead to Anglo-Scottish separation. 

I read that it was not a case of flying in the wrong direction but rather believing that the destination was supposed to be Edinburgh. Still a bit concerning though.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-26/british-airways-plane-edinburgh-scotland-dusseldorf-germany/10938796    

I read that it was not a case of flying in the wrong direction but rather believing that the destination was supposed to be Edinburgh. Still a bit concerning though.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-26/british-airways-plane-edinburgh-scotland-dusseldorf-germany/10938796    

Don’t they have preflight briefing? Must admit I can’t understand that at all!

This flight error is unbelievable in this day and age of computerisation, 24/7/365 communication methods, and systems that have been in place for aeons, all designed to prevent aviation errors.

This flight error is unbelievable in this day and age of computerisation, 24/7/365 communication methods, and systems that have been in place for aeons, all designed to prevent aviation errors.

And so is the complete dissappearance of an airliner, but it still happened......

• Agree 1