Ethiopian 737-800 Max crash - No survivors

I've never said I want Boeing to fail, but it's all their own making and there were signs of management policies years ago which have led to this current outcome. Boeing have constructed some of the greatest aircraft ever built. (in the past). Nev

• Like 3

With the US deficit at over 23.5 trillion I wonder if the government will be that keen on bailing Boeing out given the massive cost of the current Covid-19 scenario. The US debt to GDP ratio is staggering at 108.75%. Just 20 years ago it was 58.7%. Australias is 42.3%. Quantitative easing or money printing can only go so far. They will need the military side of Boeing though. Maybe they will split this off.

It is typical of Corporate greed. The company puts profit before safety, provides bonuses to the top executive even after they have been found out, has a share buyback spree & pays dividends when they are losing a fortune to bolster the share price & now says they don't want a bailout, just a loan. If they can't get the loan then the government will own part of Boeing & then perhaps some of the a**hole executives may have to go. Muilenberg was the sacrificial lamb but Calhoun is worse by far.

• Agree 1

Says it all about their priorities. The shareholders are a part of this dreadful outcome. I've divested myself of shares of unethical companies in the past, because not only is it WRONG to profit in some ways, the longer term is not often good either . The share value eventually reflects the reality of poor management of RISK of the companies ability to trade and operate profitably. Ie you don't have a marketable article or a reputation either.. Nev

It will only be about 6 times what you will earn in your lifetime instead of 12 as it was per year. How can one human being be SO MUCH better than a normal person? Same with BANK (robber)CEO's..Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Bank Robber CEO That topped them all.

$ 53 million plus bonus,

AND

After it came out took a shortened contract with a Golden handshake,

All the shareholder,s got a cut to dividends.

So reported: only repeating the gos,.

spacesailor

Guest Machtuk

The shareholders are the suckers. They get the left over crumbs that the execs and the insider traders let through. Nev

So true, CEO's don't get to the top by being nice honest guys!

This is in addition to the supply of sub standard parts for the NG series in the early 2000s highlighted by some Boeing employees who became whistle blowers and were fired. All revealed in a 2011 documentary by SBS. Boeing successfully squashed all this at the time. These were some of the first cracks that appeared after their change in strategy to profit over safety.

• Like 1

Boeing have said that they are willing to receive handouts from the US government, but not going to allow partial nationalisation. In other words, just keep paying to keep us afloat, but expect nothing in return. Sadly the government will pay as they cannot have Airbus Industries overtaking the USA giant.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 737 Max is back in the headlines for all the wrong reasons again. There have been 60 mid flight problems since it was cleared to fly again in late 2020 and one in December 2021 when pitch and altitude systems began malfunctioning causing the pilot to declare a mayday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-27/boeing-737-max-in-mid-air-emergencies-as-us-set-to-launch-probe/101175214

The design with its origins back in the 1960s has been upgraded and modified so it bears little resemblance to the original but the changes have always meant there is a tradeoff. It still has mechanical control systems and the undercarriage is unable to be changed to suit large engines for example. Boeing needs a new modern design as it is not keeping pace with Airbus which has now overtaken Boeing as the worlds largest airliner manufacturer. Much of the discerning travelling public are wary of the Max & Boeing since the original disasters and the fallout from the investigation. Still Virgin Australia has ordered 29 new Max aircraft for delivery starting next year. They must be confident that everything will have been forgotten. I am not so sure. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

I think Bonza are using 737 Max. Over the top Autraliana. Their motto: Here for Allstralia. (cringe).

Looks like in Vic they will fly from Avalon.

• Informative 1

DOT To Audit FAA Oversight Of Boeing 737 And 787 Production

By
 Kate O'Connor
 -
Published:June 30, 2022

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/dot-to-audit-faa-oversight-of-boeing-737-and-787-production/?MailingID=%CAMPAIGNID%