The Never Ending Story

Admin

(quick enough for you ....)006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

And with this post, McLocksJock acknowledged that speed is good.

Rather ironic don't ya think?

Why then, dear reader, does he do with 100 hp what a 160 does with 80?

And where does that extra 20 hp disappear to when he flies afar?

That great RAA member, Isaac Newton (or was it Pythagoras) concluded that energy must be converted into either heat, noise, vibration, rivet loostening or drag (not that there is anything wrong with that)?

In the case of McJockLock and Brett the big C and their Czech sculptures, that 20 hp is converted into ......................

(Wouldn't the aunt prefer rivet lines as a feature to HideyHo's squished ASIC apparatus?

Now .......... here is where I have no alternative but to support BigPete in his quest for matters aviation in the NES.

Le Crappee made a brave attemp to keep to PrescriberPete's guidelines with a rational discussion about recycling ASIC cards and their obvious attraction to owners of aluminiminiunm aircraft, and the Ahlovachian turns it into a discussion on the detailed design of eastern european manufactured things what my Aunty uses.

I sure hope that GetSquarePete appreciates that it wasn't me that went off subject ......... or there will be trouble.

My Aunt is searching her garden for the lost 20 hp.

In the case of McJockLock and Brett the big C and their Czech sculptures, that 20 hp is converted into ......................

...waste (see book "the anatomy of a cow").

"Le Capitan is very inciteable, especially after a vist to the Brothers" said the revered RAA member Newton "What he's saying is quite correct, to maintain any semblance of structure in any kind of wind the aluminium can method needs to be propped up by using rivets.

"It is a hopelessly weak structure in itself" said the candid Mr Newton"

"Now imagine if you can, and I accept that many of you can't, judging by some of the furry comments I read" he said "the can moving through the air. In front of the rivet there is a build up of high pressure air which in turn causes turbulence as the boundary layer gets the s*it kicked out of it" Isaac had been educated in one of the rougher parts of town and occasionally lapsed.

"And of course there are literally THOUSANDS of rivets slowing the aircraft down; it's a miracle it can fly at all - and of course without the rivets it would crumple into a sharp edged pile of junk that even Riverrand Nana would turn her nose up at.

"So", said the Eminent Member the only solution is to throw heaps of power at it and hope for the best.

"In fact, if you ad the eastern European origins, you'd probably have to design to the value of E=MC3" said Newton, who new a thing or two.

"Now in the case of the Jaberroo", said the sage, "You would expect....

"Now in the case of the Jaberroo", said the sage, "You would expect....

.... it to slip through the air with a coefficient of modulus of efficiency of 125%, hey" said Isaac who was initially educated at a FNQ junior high (but was given the flick because he was a bit of a smartarse, hey).

"Given all of them rivets, those Ejektor SportSzaras go pretty good" said Pythagorus who had just worked out the hypopotenuse of the wing cord near the centre of lift"

"No wonder McLocksjock bought an Ejak(ula)tor Sportszar" said Le Crappe (who was still smarting from the abuse about his breath from a few posts back).

"But given Tubb's detailed explanation in the previous post, does he think that they would go faster either upside down or backwards when the tiny little rivet-based numerous high pressure areas would become low and the 100 hp would become 120 (and they might then go like a 230).

"Hey Aunty, ..... work out the hypotenuse on this." said Pythagorus

Poor Nana completely confused by coefficients of modulus did muse

“Rivets? Plastic?

Its not on if not Dacron

‘ cause Dacron it is lighter,

It bounces hail that dimples rivets

While never bouncing tappets

Nor sagging on the warm days

Could it be thinks she that the vortices around all them rivets serve to keep the boundary layer attached and them cunning budvar can types have completely sheathed ( not that there’s anything wrong with sheathed) their machine with mini vortex generators???

“

"Hey Aunty, ..... work the hypotenuse out of this." said Pythagorus

"I wore Dacron (aviation term) at my coming out" said Aunty, " a lovely deep green with a low bodice and short sleeves, but I found it a disadvantage" she said "It was so tough that Merv couldn't get his hands on me"

"Next year I switched (another aviation term) to ....

to a little black cantilevered (aviation term) GRP (aviation term) number (aviation term) that drooped rather as the temperature rose.

Merv's winglets (aviation term) got quite excited by the prospects so revealed and rotated (aviation term) towards the flight levels (aviation term)

there's an aviation term in the garden of my aunt

Meanwhile Turb had been distracted by a seemingly innocuous little thread called "Stalls" which was basically about people hating their instructors. That along with Hilow's mention of Vortex generators brought to mind a previous thread on Savannahs which started innocently enough:

Crappers: I've been thinkng that the slats on my Savannah wings create too much drag. If I took them off, would I be able to get the cruise speed up from 75 kts to 130 kts which my mate does in his Sierra.

Dungbreath: No worries, just unbolt (there followed a seven page explanation of which spanner size you use to undo a succession of nuts, what happened as he skun his fingers trying to get the corroded one undone, how he ordered a can of penetrene through the mail, what he said to the delivery company when they squashed it, how it didn't work, method of repair using araldite after the oxy accident, and photos of the final job which apeared to be of a different coloured aircraft to his.) It should be pointed out that Dungbreath had been building his 200 hour kit for the past five years and was getting close to the test stage.

All the other Savanah owners seemed to be away on cross country flights, except Opinion.

Opinion: Yes that's right, the modification is a bit difficult but worth it.

Crappers: I'm still a bit nervous about this, Dungbreath - have you tried it out yet.

Dungbreath: Yes, I'm up to fast taxying trials, or was until I hit the cowshed, but we all do that don't we, and it's definitely a lot faster down the strip since I took the slats off (forgetting he'd also mowed the strip between trials).

Thus reassured, our good mate Crapper carried out the modification, and on his first flight planted the nose in the nearest manure pit.

Within six months there were two more newspaper reports with photos of crumpled aluminium, but fortunately all three survived and bought Sierras, which couldn't land in their paddocks, then Tecnams, then....

"I know bugger-all (aviation term) about flying (aviation term)" said the Nanna after spending a night in the hayshed with Isaac while he taught her all about his E (aviation term) and her MC2 (aviation term) "But even I know that it surely has to be the rivets (aviation term) that are causing these problems (aviation term)".

"It sure is" said ................

My Aunt doesn't mind being rivetted (aviation term) out there in the garden, but she sure won't fly in one (aviation term).

Ps Where is McJock and is he away with BigPete doing some rivetting down in the Rivetland?

"But even I know that it surely has to be the rivets (aviation term) that are causing these problems (aviation term)". "It sure is" said ................

...Riverland Mum "although it's also the riveters (Aviation Term) as well. I like the older ones because they've got longer levers (Aviation Term).

"The problem with the younger ones is that they are just pop riveters (Aviation Term)", she said.

At this point in the interests of appealing to wider audience, particularly those who like to travel to YSWG via YMGL, YARS, YMUM, YBAD requiring poor old Nana to go back to the Code book and thus lose interest, we'll shorten "Aviation Term" to AT.

How stupid: "Where do you come from?" "Oh, I live in Australia Sydney Broken Hill"

Where are you going for your holidays?" We'll be spending a couple of weeks in Australia Melbourne Mildura then going on to Australia Melbourne Mallacoota."

Don't they know were Australia is? When did Mildura move to Melbourne?

Meanwhile back to Riverland Mum who was warming to the rivets (AT) after following the thread (AT) of aviation related stories insisted on by StuffyStarchedSpittleSlatedSpete, who it must be said has not been pulling his weight recently.

"I like the air bag one best" said Riverland Mum "because the Riveters don't get their fingers blistered so soon, and they tighten faster"....

"Oh dear!" spake McRivetBreath :ah_oh::black_eye:. "Looks like PirateBreath and TurboBreath are ganging up on the beloved rotaryaxe....nasty buggas!051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif

"Thought every bloke would yearn for a four pot screamer...:raise_eyebrow:" added Nanna :heart: with six pack of cans and a leather bound book by her side. "And look McRivet, Just to keep you on the good side with PurePete :star:, I've even found a mention in the good book about you exclamation.gif.15cca54a67cbd47ca3b5897bbc7b8e75.gif. Revelations 22:7!" .... (look it up for yourselves ;)006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif)

"You'd think these blokes would understand that energy cannot be created or destroyed 040_nerd.gif.818f42a429bd433d10428d88b6b4d49f.gif, it is merely converted to beauty :heart:.. But at a cost - About 20 HP per five thousand rivets!" added McPopRivetloch(breath).

And while revisiting a name calling ritual from periods gone by 087_sorry.gif.e8469ebb2a7ac46e73a3142c7c39aefd.gif, McLoch(breath) got to wondering i_dunno just what actual pirate breath would be like, or turbo breath for that matter...Halibutt and rum?...methanol and monoxide??

" 'ere you lot! 068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif Pee into this 'ere cup and spit on this stick or I'll zot you with a $5.5K fine!" said the official (officious?) random spit & wee collector. "And you exclamation.gif.15cca54a67cbd47ca3b5897bbc7b8e75.gif What's that you've got there in your hand....:yuk:"

============

Will Turbz be sent to the 'stalls' by the piddle collector?

"And you exclamation.gif.15cca54a67cbd47ca3b5897bbc7b8e75.gif What's that you've got there in your hand....:yuk:"

.. asked Locksbreath.

"What do you think it is!" cried turbidbreath "anything to escape from the stalls thread! Where's your cup?"

Now PeteBreath had been quietly sitting on the sidelines, eyeballs rolling, just waiting for an opportunity to pounce, and had just ecided to step in when this Breath disease struck.

He didn't know whether it was within his rules, and he didn't know whether it was an Aviation Term, because he'd heard so many new ones in the last few days.

When Captainbreath entered and threw a pie at Goeffbreath which missed and hit BrentvaneyBreath who turned around and kicked HoBreath, pushing into AhBreat it was all too much for PeteBreath and he seriously considered putting on the Thong. At least he was the centre of attention then....

...."What do you think it is!" cried turbidbreath

Which reminded McRivet of the time a young Turbz took his newly betrothed to the moving picture show.(yep, it was that long ago...)

Now Turbz, being a frisky young lad, deftly manouvered his sweetheart to the back stalls (ha, there's that word again!) and settled in for a bit of snuggling during the movietone news. "I'm feeling a bit naughty" thought Turbz as he snuggled with his sweatheart in the dark. "Wonder what would happen if I popped the old fella into her hand?" he mused. So ever so carefully, he unzipped and gently pressed his pride and joy into her hand.

"No thanks, Turbz" his betrothed responded.

"I don't smoke." 036_faint.gif.b6fdbf92c760c47b56da9b625fc7db92.gif

===============

...."think I'll check the latest posts, which are nearly impossible to find under this new system......ah, here's one, watches.

"All these experts admitting they've been flying for years without watches.....and they were critical of Bigletwoshoes. who never at any stage admitted he didn't have a watch.

"And ah, here, the great Alovak himself saying he likes watches with hands so he can tell the time......probably the last thing you'd have time for wrestling the controls of a humping sortstar (AT).

"Turbo sighed and rembered that his favourite was a Mickey Mouse clock because when Minnie started to wink it was time to go to town...they don't make them like that any more........"

...Alovak himself saying he likes watches with hands so he can tell the time......

"..Indeed as McLovaK did not heed the advice when told to stop it or he'll go blind"

============

Even half blind Lovak could see what that thread was really about....

All of which is of no concern because the Tugometer (brand name registered) auto pilot (aviation term) in the garden is equipped with the very latest glass cockpit digit to vocal option.

This will eliminate the going blind hazard which would otherwise render life an ongoing IFR exercise.

================

the pen is stalking a cockpit in the garden

There we go again, Hiho showing off with a triple digit jargonogram

"Allright, I get the first two letters <I Forgot>" said Turb, "then I can never remember the third one"

Poor old Turbo was left scratching his aileron (Aviation Term), aqnd he had a feeling Big Pete wasn't warming to the direction the thread was taking....perhaps he'd be more at home with the thong.....

....ah.. the thong.

The marvelous suspension system of the venerable J3 Cub (serious aviation reference ) is constructed ( more aviation reference ) of knotted thongs.

there are those that believe that serious aviators drag their tails whilst bouncing merrilly around on knotted thongs and won't give a toss for bent legs, be they alloy, spring steel or plastic.

Poor Nana was getting quite confused with all this aviation stuff.

What with dragging tails, knotted thongs and bent legs she was beginning to wonder if instead of following Pete's directions for the hangar she had wondered mistakenly into ........

==========

the bent legs in the garden are knotted

"I see that Turbo had a double bunger today" said Nanna "He's lucky that he didn't throw his back out at his age ..... and I'm fascinated with all of the aviation-speak" she added "In fact, I'm rivetted by it."

"Me too" said the Rivetland Rass "And my mum is about to be (with a bit of luck), as she has her sights set on the scotsman's nether which she thinks should be fully operational again soon."

"Come one, come all" said McJocklocks "And I'll take yez to heaven and back (aviation term).

'You'll do me" said .......................

The dictionary of aviation terms (of my Aunt) is in the garden, where she sometimes touches her dihedral based empennage.

'You'll do me" said .......

...Nanna's stunning young step neice, Emintrude who had just returned from a successful season as principle dancer at the Moulin Rouge.

"Aviation term this you lot!" taunted McLovak.....

===================

Has the Aunt seen my copy of navigation for dummies - Yarrawonga edition anywhere in the garden?

...Nanna's stunning young step neice, Emintrude who had just returned from a successful season as principle dancer at the Moulin Rouge.

"Aviation term this you lot!" taunted McLovak.....

===================

Has the Aunt seen my copy of navigation for dummies - Yarrawonga edition anywhere in the garden?

..... "And Emintrude is in great danger as Tubb has a long track-record of blowing them up (or similar)"

"Come here Emi and let me examine your choke & mixture (numerous aviation terms)" said Tubb 'And give us a look at your reddish Moulin, too"

"Alright" she replied coyly "But first, is that a pop rivetter in your pocket or are you just .............

My Aunt lent that book to Bingles, to read in HIS garden, where he has written in the margin that Wagga to Yarrawonga is flat and featureless (except for The big Rock that can be seen from 100 Nm, the biggest river in OZ that can be seen from the moon, and a big dam at Mulwala ... so apart from that you'll never find it)

"...getting ready to sand your elevator" (Aviation Term).

"You may have danced in Paris Emintrude" said Tubb "but I need to prepare your for what you'll see unplugged (AT) at any Australian B&S Ball"

At that moment Tubb was distracted by an exchange on another forum about the First Class Lounge:

"Yeah that area is secluded for us first class members..." said one, and Tubb suddenly realised for the first time that while most people were equal, some were secluded. He had become infatuated with Emintrude even though she had seized the last time they were out, but wondered whether he might gain entry to this lounge which also appears to be offering other delicacies and a fair old spray to anyone who pokles a finger at it.

"Le Crappe?" he asked, and the bearded sage slowly uncurled his fingers from one of the Brothers best vintages, looked thoughtfully into the distance and said "Yes, my son?" while Ah So quietly poured him another green tea.....ah, they could have the exclusive Lounge - the NES Corner is where Shangri la really is (but don't tell anyone)"

"We better invite the Gympie Grump into the Corner" Tub said "he's just about to get a dose of forumfever"..........

"Krapatain! Krapatain!! there's an upset beginin' in steerage!" (nautical term) shouted McLovaK while purchased (006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif) in the crowsnest (ooh, another nautical term!) "There's a brawl brewin' 'about the first class lounge Suh, the com'n folk are revoltin' "

"Yes they are!" snorted PurePete. "But not as much as a couple of punters in the NES. They're bordering on outright disgusting...":yuk:

"Shangri la question.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif" interrupted Emintrude.:raise_eyebrow: "Isn't that one of those fancy mexican drinks they serve in first class?".....

==============

Jabiru(e) owners are like old watches - They should be wound up regularly.

McJock has been winding his old watch in the garden again, in preparation for his Saturday fly-away on the 230's six.

McLocks might have been cocking his gun too ..... in my Aunt's garden ..... in readyness for his J hunting trip on Saturday