The Truth: Is it out there?

NT5224

Crookes Tube diagramme WM01013.jpg

The Crookes Tube was invented by physicist William Crookes in the 19th century and led to the discovery of cathode rays, electrons, anode rays, x-rays, TV etc.

Building started on the Temple of Hathor at Dendera, Egypt in 54 BC.WM01013.thumb.jpg.a0caa71fba0c2c6ef2b28b6f44bef55b.jpg

WM01014.thumb.jpg.c4ddadcf3d01ad675a0305804c48ecae.jpgWM01015.thumb.jpg.f4aaa175894eb2003f1da0022f383593.jpg

Temple Carvings picture WM01014.jpg

“The Temple picture shows one tube, on the extreme left of the picture, to be operating under normal conditions. But with the second tube, situated closest to the energy box on the right, an interesting experiment has been portrayed. Michael R. Freeman and electric and electromagnetic Engineer, believes that the solar disc on Horus’ head is a Van de Graaf generator, an apparatus which collects static electricity.

A baboon is portrayed holding a metal knife between the Van de Graaf -solar disc and the second tube. Under actual conditions the static charge built up on the knife from the generator would cause the electron beam inside the Crookes tube to be diverted from the normal path, because the negative knife and negative beam would repel each other.

In the Temple picture, the serpent’s head in the second tube is turned away from the end of the tube, repulsed by the knife in the baboon’s hand.

Source: A glimpse into the past; Christopher Dunn

Edited by turboplanner
  • Informative 1

Classic example of jumping to conclusions on insufficient evidence.

Due to a very superficial similarity to another drawing, this person has concluded that a civilisation which has left no evidence whatsoever of powered tools has actually invented x-ray.

This is tinfoil hat stuff.

Some other space cadets think it's some kind of sand blaster (not a snake holding science experiment) - as the original carving looks quite different to the cartoon pictured.  

My guess -  it's some dude proud of the massive marrow/zucchini/eggplant he's grown.

The truth is that we have no idea whether this drawing was based on something in reality, something that a priest dreamed up about the afterlife, or just Egyptian science fiction.  It's like someone in the future reading Asimov and concluding that humanoid robots were widespread in the mid 20th century.

DenderahLightbulb

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

C'mon, Marty..........it's quite obvious they had invented the chainsaw. They're just hangin' around there now waiting for someone to invent the chain............)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My vote goes to the jackal: anyone hanging around a van de graf generator waving a knife is going to need all the votes they can get...........)

Edited by IBob
  • Like 1

Looks to me like a bunch of Egyptian hippie surfers, holding up their surfboard, ready to catch a wave on the Nile! The surfboard's decorated with a snake image. You can see the surfboard leg rope on the far lower left of the carving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You all got the last one wrong. The Carvers explained what they were portraying in the several panels in the hieroglyphics clearly visible next to the carvings.

Here's another one; what's wrong with this carving of the face of Ramses II at Abu Simbel?RamsesIIAbuSimbel.jpg.5e450e21578d4fbd5d5ce41e4e2b97a4.jpg

10 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

Out of the frying pan, into the fire Octave. 

Turbo I am not particularly attracted to fringe hypothesis. It is difficult to find serious archeologists that accept the ancient light bulb myth.  But I would be happy to peruse any academic source.

Edited by octave

8 hours ago, octave said:

Turbo I am not particularly attracted to fringe hypothesis. It is difficult to find serious archeologists that accept the ancient light bulb myth.  But I would be happy to peruse any academic source.

There's not a lot of point getting involved with something different with a closed mind.

The hieroglyphics I referred you to don't point to any hypothesis just facts as the carvers saw them around 50 BC.

We are just talking about engineering and mathematics here.

Edited by turboplanner
  • Informative 1