The Truth: Is it out there?

NT5224

6 hours ago, octave said:

It was unexpected and in fact, it was not initially known to be space junk.   https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/science/space/ootw-space-space-junk-streaks-across-australian-sky-as-bright-fireball 

"Assumed, at first glance, to be a meteor"

"Thomas Toose, a farmer in Creswick, Victoria, northwest of Melbourne, called the sight "surreal" and told Storyful it "was massive and lasted about 20 seconds."

I am open-minded on the subject however I have yet to a picture or footage that does not have a more mundane explanation.

Clearly the few million Melbourne viewers of Channel 9's news last night haven't broken into "meteor!, meteor!" cries or "surreal" watching the extended video footage or social media would have been alive.

9 hours ago, Jabiru7252 said:

Right at the end they show the HUD (Head Up Display) and it's blurred to buggery. I have spent at least 1000 hours looking at HUD video (when I was working) and it's pretty bloody good video. More bollocks. And again I say, there is no suggestion it's extra-terrestrial. probably a pizza delivery drone gone rouge...

What if the HUD segment is the RIO using his phone to video the HUD?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turboplanner said:

Clearly the few million Melbourne viewers of Channel 9's news last night haven't broken into "meteor!, meteor!" cries or "surreal" watching the extended video footage or social media would have been alive.

I am not quite sure what you mean by this. My point was about photographic evidence.    To put it perhaps more clearly I am saying this:

The number of cameras in the community has increased massively in recent years.

The quality of those cameras has improved markedly.

I would expect that photographic evidence would be more likely than in the past.

I brought the space junk in Melbourne as an example of an event that in the past may never have been photographed.   This event happened around midnight when the majority of people were asleep yet there are several reasonable-quality pictures from different vantage points.  

When I see a video of an alleged UFO or UAP and if it seems remarkable, my first question is did anyone else video it? 

To make it clear I  believe that it is almost certain that life exists elsewhere in the universe.  I also believe that due to the immense size of the universe and the distances involved and given the cosmic speed limit that the odds of meeting are low but not zero.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

If the military really had the technology to make conventional aircraft obsolete and gain an unbeatable advantage they would use it. SpaceX and others would also be out of business, and we’d have military bases on Mars. I believe Student Pilot’s story and other credible sightings, so I think there is something going on out there that we don’t yet understand.

Edited by rgmwa
  • Agree 1

Right at the end they show the HUD (Head Up Display) and it's blurred to buggery. I have spent at least 1000 hours looking at HUD video (when I was working) and it's pretty bloody good video. More bollocks. And again I say, there is no suggestion it's extra-terrestrial. probably a pizza delivery drone gone rogue...

I would imagine the U.S. military are not going to let a video be released, that clearly shows the quality and full features of their HUD, on their premium level fighter aircraft, to all and sundry - including foreign militaries, who would dearly love to have that info.

Edited by onetrack

I don't think our feeble little minds can really grasp what is possible with other parallel dimensions, time travel, etc., that are just sci-fi to our minds. The fact that many UFO's simply disappear or travel at what seems to be fantastically unbelievable speeds, indicates to me, that other dimension travel, or time warp, exists.

Our Planet Earth physics and other established natural laws just simply don't apply to these dimensions, they're in the realm of science fiction to us. After all, scientists are still researching, experimenting, and finding all the hidden particles in atoms that they suspect exist, but cannot see - they can only measure them in specific ways.

They didn't spend mega-billions on CERN's LHC just to have a school science experiment, these blokes are still trying to find out what makes the Universe tick.

https://www.livescience.com/mystery-of-proton-neutron-behavior-in-nucleus.html

• Like 2

Of course, we can't rule out alien visitors or parallel universes.   My problem is that often we start out with an observation that is not immediately understandable. Because it is not immediately understandable it doesn't mean we should rush to the other end of the list of possibilities.

Videos that are posted fall into a few different categories. There are those that are obviously CGI.  My son is a 3D animator and owns his own company.  As a teenager, he made a very convincing video where 3-D objects were added to real footage (compositing). In his case he was using 3D Studio Max software and later Maya.   I remember he made a short Star Wars parody video.   Most people do reject these over-the-top videos.

Then there are videos or photos that are misinterpreted. Things like Bokeh or other artifacts. Sometimes it is a case of neglecting to take into account the relative movements between the camera and the object.

Here is an illustration of that.  the maker of this video is Mick West a retired PC games artist and skeptic, although he is quite open about the fact that we shouldn't just rule things out (or in). This is an analysis of the so-called gimbal video filmed from a navy aircraft. It is a bit of a time investment *21 minutes) but interesting. Apart from the UFO/UAP angle, it is a great insight into how these cameras work. 

The other thing that makes me skeptical is the whole idea that alien spacecraft have been regular visitors for many years.  I struggle to find a reason why this would be worthwhile. If these visitations are real then they have been going on long enough for us to be reasonably confident that they are not trying to wipe us out or harm us.   If they are merely observing us to learn something then it makes you wonder why the process has not been completed by now and what it is that they hope to learn from a relatively primitive civilisation, at least technologically speaking. 

Crashed alien craft also strikes me as being unlikely. To be able to travel vast distances only to crash once inside the atmosphere seems odd to me.

If the government is in possession of alien technology they don't seem to have learned much from it.  I would have expected much greater innovation in aeronautics and space travel.

I don't for the most part doubt that many observers are genuine. We humans are not necessarily great at being eyewitnesses, we know this from interviews with witnesses to plane crashes.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

I don't think our feeble little minds can really grasp what is possible with other parallel dimensions, time travel, etc., that are just sci-fi to our minds. The fact that many UFO's simply disappear or travel at what seems to be fantastically unbelievable speeds, indicates to me, that other dimension travel, or time warp, exists.

That's a better way of looking at it.

We are the equivalent of the New Guinea Highlanders who grew fat on the Dakota delieries our Army on the Kokoda Trail,  and when our troops and Dakotas had gone, made Stick Dakotas to lure them back. There are literally thousand of photos, thousands of statements thousands of sightings where many people saw the same thing. Photos aren't much use today, and Jabiru pointed to some techniques; others include photoshop and CGI, and the hoaxer parasites will always be there preaching their own stories, but what we should be doing is openly collating the lot to find the common themes and trends. As someone mentioned we're not going to get photos of many simply becaise a person's mind stops focusing when experiencing something they can't process, and they don't think of taking the shot, they don't think of bagging some evidence they dont think of marking the site or taking measurements and writing down angles etc. As we know from aircraft crash investigations, most eyewitnesses are unreliable compared to the forensic facts. And you are right about what you say above. One common trait in many sightings is the ability of the object to be in one spot, then be kilometres away almost immediately, another close by then zooming vertically out of sight almost instantly. Our earth physics doesn't allow that, or allow a person to survive the G forces. We couldn't survive on the Moon either, but we developed a space suit to allow us to walk around there.

We haven't even caught up with the clues, some thousands of years old, on earth let alone space.

We don't know how the Baalbek stones, each weighing from 750 to 1650 tonnes were lifted and moved.

We don't know how the Pyramid of Giza was built or when, we don't know how the 80 tonne tuned ashlars above the Kings Chamber were lifted 45 metres and put in place, we don't know how the polished limestone capping (stripped of by locals over the millenia) was cut, placed or polished. Archaeologist Sir William Flinders Petrie measured them and found the mean variation of the casings from a straight line and a true square was 1/100 inch on a length of 75 inches. He said  "Merely to place such stones in exact contact would be careful work, but to do so with cement in the joint seems almost impossible; it is to be compared to the finest opticians work on a scale of acres." The NSEW alignment of the pyramid faces is within 1/10 of a degree after the builders had placed 2.3 million blocks.

We don't know how the South Americans fashioned the huge blocks of stone to make their structures, with a fit so close that you can't slip a cigarette paper between the surfaces.

We don't know what the Ark of the Convenant did; a University group decided to build one and concluded it was some type of capacitor.

So we need to keep collecting reports like the structure which blocked the WA Land Rover's door.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Not a UFO story, but a what-I-am-seeing-can't-be-happening event that fairly boggled my mind at the time:
Mid 70's I was maintaining Sperry Univac mainframe gear, including twinned CSPs (Communications and Symbiont Processors) on one site. These were quite large free standing L shaped cabinets that handled all the comms plus miscellaneous local peripherals, and were equipped with rows of large white indicator lights and rocker switches on an upper maintenance panel.

The entire system was still under development, but had run faultlessly for 6months, I was in the workshop some distance away when I heard one of the programmers yelling my name.
Sticking my head out the door what I saw were all the indicator lights, which normally flickered with a pleasing dull pearly light, were blazing white as though I was looking into a furnace.

I ran for the thing, and as I ran I yelled 'TURN IT OFF!!!!'

To which the programmer yelled back 'I HAVE, I HAVE' while repeatedly pushing the DC and AC off buttons.
Actually we may have screamed.....I'm pretty sure my voice went up an octave.

These machines all had multiple rack mounted power supplies delivering various voltages, with power cabled to junctions under the hollow floor. Arriving at the machine, I tore open the front covers and wiped my hands down all power supplies, knocking all the front mounted internal breakers off.

Jumped back......and the lights were still all blazing. At which point, for just a moment, I literally was not believing my eyes. Hard to describe, it was quite a jolt.

For the rest: I ran and got the floor sucker, we now had smoke as well and I was tearing up the floor tiles looking for the underfloor connections to pull them. Comedy note at this point was provided by the suite manager, who danced round my hole in the floor with a fire extinguisher yelling 'SHOULD I HIT IT, SHOULD I HIT IT?' as I flung 2' square steel reinforced tiles this way and that.

I had not located the the underfloor feeds when it finally quite suddenly all went off: something of a relief as I wasn't looking forward to pulling live feeds.

The entire system was down, (though most of the smoke was at the CSPs and the Modem Room).
So we (techs) all went for a cup of coffee.
And after about 20minutes our chief tech walked down and put his finger precisely on the problem.
Any old techs here care to take a shot at what it was?

(I should have said that the CSPs were  part of a much larger 2 x 2 multi-cabinet mainframe system distributed over an entire floor of a large building.)

Edited by IBob
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 03/08/2023 at 12:27 PM, NT5224 said:

Ladies and gents

Or anybody been abducted and probed? 🤣

Geeze Alan, what the heck! Cut straight to the chase.

(and it's a no and a no from me!)

Bit of a probing question.

DSCN7496a.jpg

30 minutes ago, 440032 said:

Geeze Alan, what the heck! Cut straight to the chase.

(and it's a no and a no from me!)

Bit of a probing question.

DSCN7496a.jpg

they are shorter than i imagined

• Like 2

Rendering of the lenticular shape Cargo Airship that the Russian manufacturer Aerosmena will launch in 2024 , which has a payload of 600 tons. 

Aerosmena has designed a total of four different aerial platforms, each with a tonnage and specially designed to cover a need. There are models with capacity for 20, 60, 200 and 600 tons. "Merchandise transport ships".

7ED3F641-57B4-4EF2-9513-3638E197B0BB.jpeg

• Informative 1

15 hours ago, red750 said:

Maybe they regard us the way we regarded the natives in New Guinea, ie. very backward, and keep checking on our progress.

The most common theme in genuine reports was that they were able to communicate mind to mind, they didn't use speech as we do, they couldn't understand why we were always at fighting somewhere in the world, they were peaceful and would do no harm to humans the meetings usually occurred in open country and they were studying things like pastures and animals, so based on those reports, whether genuine or not, you are spot on.