The Truth: Is it out there?

NT5224

I'm certainly a sceptic but I won't rule out the possibility even if it remote.. We know the universe is bigger than we can comprehend and to consider   that out there, there is no other form of life would be drawing a long bow.. Just what  form it would take is anybody's guess , but even IF we re-did the circumstances we had here, WE would get vastly different end results to what we have now..   Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

With reference to Onetrack's comment; Yes, a pretty amazing sight to see. Back in those days I would have blamed it on the dope or acid, but that's just me. While I believe Onetrack I'm the sort of bloke that would say it was something 'of this world' we just don't see that often and therefore have no real explanation. Space is really, really big and if you read Einstein's Special Relativity (a difficult read) you'll understand that travelling at light speed or even a small fraction of that speed is just not possible. If you think time, speed and distance calculations were tricky when learning navigation, try throwing in weird effects like the Lorentz Transform, time dilation and ever increasing mass. (At light speed, mass becomes infinite, go figure...)

It is interesting that the object Onetrack saw was green. That's the color that many Bioluminescent life-forms here on Earth emit. Maybe something to think about.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

About 30ish years ago I saw what looked like a landing light headed to the airfield (it was just on dusk), I was a pax in a car that my wife was driving. The light got bigger and brighter as it got closer, the light became a silver (chrome or mercury appearance) sphere. It was hard to tell what size the thing was, as it got even closer it went below the level of the horizon as we were in a valley/gully, you could see it against the background and appeared to be a couple of hundred feet high. The speed was hard to guess but I'd say a fast aircraft. The silver ball went passed us (guessing 200m away) and looked then to be only about a metre across, I have no real idea about distance and size. We stopped the car to watch it. The globe then looked to climb to a point about 500 feet above the airfield and appeared to hover for about 10 seconds then went straight up. The track went into a silver blur as it disapeared out of sight in what seemed like a second. The thing tracked the same direction from first sighting it till it went vertical, the direction was west. From first sight to disappearing I'd guess at 5 miles and it took about a minute maybe two at the most.

I have spent a bit of time both in the air and on the ground in the bush and remote areas, I never seen anything since like it. One of the pilots I used to work with said he had seen a very big rotating cylinder in an area that used to have a few night sightings of strange lights in the 60's and 70's.

Edited by Student Pilot
Clarity
  • Like 2
  • Informative 3

I don’t wish to diminish or belittle other people’s experiences in any way, but simply couldn’t let this thread go without the inclusion of the 1950’s “Great inter-planetary hoax” .

The attached 1994 journal from the NZ Skeptics Society recounts a detailed story written by Professor Sir John Scott of what a bunch of students at Knox College in Dunedin cooked up in 1952.  Make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy a great read - the journalists of the day got well and truly played.

NZSkeptic-33.pdf

• Informative 2
  • Winner 1

It's unfortunate that hoaxers, either people just mischief-making - or people craving for public adulation - have muddied the waters surrounding the many UFO sightings.

The 1969 Maddington (W.A.) UFO hoax by 3 young panel beaters, made it to American media, and the Americans were going to send representatives, and pay good money, for exclusive interviews - at which point, the young panel beaters got spooked, and decided they'd better come clean.

These young blokes were just intent on a bit of mischief, and made up a UFO (I previously thought they'd used an old Customline hubcap - but the video shows it as a circular piece of plastic with Mr Whippy cups attached top and bottom) - threw it in the air like a frisbee, and got a few good shots of it airborne (just slightly blurred, of course).

https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryWA/videos/maddington-ufo/308819851213323/

It's not like UFO sightings have been small in number, and centred over a short period of time, they've been reported since before WW2 - and many intelligent and highly-skilled and well-educated pilots have sighted them, whilst flying high performance aircraft.

Even Jimmy Carter and a group of his friends sighted a UFO. Interestingly, Carter stated that when he became President, he would ensure all previously-hidden and secretive Govt information on UFO sightings, would be released.

It didn't happen, and one can only ponder why. Obviously there was a concerted effort to ensure that UFO sightings information and records, had to be kept secret.

Whether that was because of the fear of inducing panic in the population, or a need for secrecy around military projects, can only be the subject of debate.

I have little doubt that some UFO sightings may be linked to secret military projects - but not all of them.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/jimmy-carter-ufo-sighting

I have a number of sensible associates and previous employees, who've sighted UFO's, and have never spoken to anyone in authority or the media, about them.

One gent in particular, sighted a very large metallic circular object parked in a farm paddock near Wickepin (W.A.) in mid afternoon, as he was driving past the paddock.

He stopped his ute, got out, climbed over the fence and approached it - whereby it simply flew straight up, and disappeared. He told a couple of blokes about it, and they just laughed, so he never mentioned it again.

The Yerecoin sighting of a metallic UFO just before sunset in 1967, by Allan Poole, a farm manager, is one of the few UFO sightings where the object came so close in a solid physical form to the bloke, he couldn't get the door of his Landrover open properly, because it actually hit the UFO.

Allan Poole was previously a total sceptic, as regards UFO's, but maintained to his dying day, that what he reported sighting was true - and he could not offer any realistic explanation for it.

https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com/2012/09/cold-case-investigation-yerecoin-wa-15.html

Edited by onetrack
  • Informative 1

My question would be where are the good-quality pictures or video? in an age where we all carry a reasonable camera (in our phone) around with us.   Whilst it is true that it may be difficult for most people to think to photograph or video a short-lived event out of the huge population you would think that there would be more than a few grainy ill-defined pictures.

last night in Melbourne some space junk re-entered the atmosphere.  This event was unexpected and short-lived yet there were loads of fairly sharp photos and videos.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHZO_enAU915AU915&sxsrf=AB5stBjJXwt5pWNdSCFbWj9ogQk-Bn5Qow:1691474496831&q=melbourne+space+junk&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjCzZ7EscyAAxV3yDgGHfzoCo0Q0pQJegQICxAB&biw=2133&bih=1025&dpr=0.9#imgrc=4HIvsWCRm7s16M

It is reasonable to believe that in the past photographic evidence would be rare but today with good-quality phone cameras, dash cams CCTV, etc. it is hard to understand why there doesn't seem to be any reasonable quality images.

• Informative 1

The simple explanation is that there are no genuine sightings of actual alien craft and never have been. There have been thousands of sightings of things that those sighting them have no explanation for, so they have convinced themselves that they must be alien and for some reason a large number are saucer or circular shaped.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, kgwilson said:

The simple explanation is that there are no genuine sightings of actual alien craft and never have been. There have been thousands of sightings of things that those sighting them have no explanation for, so they have convinced themselves that they must be alien and for some reason a large number are saucer or circular shaped.

I can't remember when but the saucer shaped UFOs gave way to the long thin UFO which turned out to be the SR71 Blackbird.

• Informative 1

I have a ' phone-camera ' , but when photographing wild-life, they're gone before the pics in the bag , ( bag for removing old-style film ).

So not as good as a " box brownie " . No set up and no focusing. 

spacesailor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacesailor said:

I have a ' phone-camera ' , but when photographing wild-life, they're gone before the pics in the bag ,

My point was that many people managed to photograph the space junk last night whether with phone cameras or otherwise. 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHZO_enAU915AU915&sxsrf=AB5stBjJXwt5pWNdSCFbWj9ogQk-Bn5Qow:1691474496831&q=melbourne+space+junk&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjCzZ7EscyAAxV3yDgGHfzoCo0Q0pQJegQICxAB&biw=2133&bih=1025&dpr=0.9#imgrc=Fzlx0K5N-GUxwM

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Just now, octave said:

That was because it was space junk coming out of orbit predictably and visible for a long time, the rest was hypothesis. It would be a good idea to read the reports.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

That was because it was space junk coming out of orbit predictably and visible for a long time, the rest was hypothesis. It would be a good idea to read the reports.

It was unexpected and in fact, it was not initially known to be space junk.   https://www.theweathernetwork.com/en/news/science/space/ootw-space-space-junk-streaks-across-australian-sky-as-bright-fireball 

"Assumed, at first glance, to be a meteor"

"Thomas Toose, a farmer in Creswick, Victoria, northwest of Melbourne, called the sight "surreal" and told Storyful it "was massive and lasted about 20 seconds."

I am open-minded on the subject however I have yet to a picture or footage that does not have a more mundane explanation.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Can you tell me how this is faked?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

144K views, 1.2K likes, 140 comments, 217 shares, Facebook Reels from Ufo Insider: Jets chasing UFOs — insane speed and maneuverability 🤯.

Once you get experienced with video editing software, modeling software (Blender, Unreal Engine etc.) you can produce the most amazing stuff. We see it in the movies all the time. Been around for donkeys years...

I should mention that when I speak of things like 'Blender' or 'Unreal Engine' I suggest you Google the terms so you get a better idea of what I'm trying to convey.

Edited by Jabiru7252
  • Agree 1

Right at the end they show the HUD (Head Up Display) and it's blurred to buggery. I have spent at least 1000 hours looking at HUD video (when I was working) and it's pretty bloody good video. More bollocks. And again I say, there is no suggestion it's extra-terrestrial. probably a pizza delivery drone gone rouge...

• Like 1

To go back to the original question, the Truth is still out there because despite all the sightings over the years, both credible and otherwise, we are still none the wiser.

I also don't think the US Government has a captured flying saucer locked away in Area 51, or they wouldn't have spent a fortune on the F35. Or if they do have one, they obviously don't know how it works.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, octave said:

My question would be where are the good-quality pictures or video? in an age where we all carry a reasonable camera (in our phone) around with us.   Whilst it is true that it may be difficult for most people to think to photograph or video a short-lived event out of the huge population you would think that there would be more than a few grainy ill-defined pictures.

last night in Melbourne some space junk re-entered the atmosphere.  This event was unexpected and short-lived yet there were loads of fairly sharp photos and videos.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHZO_enAU915AU915&sxsrf=AB5stBjJXwt5pWNdSCFbWj9ogQk-Bn5Qow:1691474496831&q=melbourne+space+junk&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjCzZ7EscyAAxV3yDgGHfzoCo0Q0pQJegQICxAB&biw=2133&bih=1025&dpr=0.9#imgrc=4HIvsWCRm7s16M

It is reasonable to believe that in the past photographic evidence would be rare but today with good-quality phone cameras, dash cams CCTV, etc. it is hard to understand why there doesn't seem to be any reasonable quality images.

In my case it was before mobile phones and although I used to carry a camera I was amazed at what I was seeing and didn't think about pictures. What would you suggest my sighting was, swampgas? Only a year or so ago the subject came up of UFO's or stuff we couldn't explain with a few friends. I was reserved and didn't say anything about my experience, my friend told a story about a sphere or silver orb going at a terrific speed through the bush. I then told him about what my wife and I saw. His sighting was over 1,000nm from where saw the bright globe and a few years difference. I have no idea or any theory on what I saw. 

Edited by Student Pilot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rgmwa said:

To go back to the original question, the Truth is still out there because despite all the sightings over the years, both credible and otherwise, we are still none the wiser.

I also don't think the US Government has a captured flying saucer locked away in Area 51, or they wouldn't have spent a fortune on the F35. Or if they do have one, they obviously don't know how it works.

Maybe they have and those sightings by fighters in the States were their own machines? They were in a military restricted area. The speed and maneuverability of those things sighted is way beyond our current (public) knowledge. There has to be more the military aren't telling us, look at the F117 it was flying for 10 years before made public? As an example scram technology is 30 years old at a guess? How far has that progressed?