Plastic Washers

Hi all,

Looking for an Australian/NZ supplier of "plastic" (as in Nylon/Teflon/ Fabric/ etc) gutter/fender washers.

ID 5 mm - 5.5mm  (can enlarge small hole)

Thickness, around 1mm  +/- .5mm

OD  min 30- max 35mm

(Can be imperial equivalent)

Need X 10 -  will purchase extra if required.

For wheel pant securing, under large metal washers, to protect paint/glass.

Essentra Components have them (PN 17W12580) but unsure from where they are coming from (shipping$$) and how long that might take.

All suggestions welcome

5 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

Easy enough to make with a hole saw.    Maybe even a Wad Punch set.  Try hole saw first out on 1mm nylon sheet.  Cheers.

Good suggestion,

Where do you get your Nylon/Teflon  1mm sheet?

34 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Thanks Rodger - did you notice the OD?

No sorry, don’t recall but I’ve used them on #10 gauge pan head St/steel screws to secure my spinner to its backing plate. (The airplane is hangared an hour from here) 

WWW.EBAY.COM.AU

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 M14 M16 M18 M20 M24 Metric Flat Washer Nylon at the best online prices at eBay!

With a wad punch set and a sheet of plastic or felt, you can punch them out in less than 5 mins.

I've got 2 sets of these punches (below) in metric and imperial sizes, let me know the material you want them made from, and I'll punch them out for you. It could take a week for AP to get them to you, though.

https://toolkitdepot.com.au/maun-wad-punch-kit-metric-10-pcs-5mm-32mm-ma1000-05/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4bipBhCyARIsAFsieCwfRr1noFzjH4o1dB0fHQ2eJzu4MP2qUvBBdK-bzu3XHwNBeA111CMaApw0EALw_wcB

Seem like the Essentra deal is for a minimum of 1000 washers, and they'll be coming from the U.S., for sure.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Good suggestion,

Where do you get your Nylon/Teflon  1mm sheet?

Maybe a plate, container / lid or thin cutting board.  Anything that is flat from an automotive parts store or big W etc.  Even lay up some mat and epoxy in a couple of layers and use hole saw to fabricate the washers.

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, Marty_d said:

I could print you some, but I don't know if you need a certain type of plastic or strength. They'd be PLA.

Won't you printer take ABS, or nylon? It's just a matter of setting the temperature of at the printer nozzle.

However, if you are prepared to have them as sacrificial, then the PLA would be easy to print out in bulk. 

37 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Won't you printer take ABS, or nylon? It's just a matter of setting the temperature of at the printer nozzle.

However, if you are prepared to have them as sacrificial, then the PLA would be easy to print out in bulk. 

I don't know,  I only got it about a week ago. Only used PLA, don't want to mess with the settings too much. 

Skippy, here you go, Boltmasters have what you want. Unfortunately there's no Boltmasters locations in NSW, you'll have to get them posted from Brisbane or Melbourne.

https://www.boltmasters.com.au/washers/round-washers/metric-fender-mudguard-washers-nylon/m6-x-32-x-1-6-nylon-mudguard-flat-washer-dwrmn32

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

4 hours ago, onetrack said:

Skippy, here you go, Boltmasters have what you want. Unfortunately there's no Boltmasters locations in NSW, you'll have to get them posted from Brisbane or Melbourne.

https://www.boltmasters.com.au/washers/round-washers/metric-fender-mudguard-washers-nylon/m6-x-32-x-1-6-nylon-mudguard-flat-washer-dwrmn32

Good-on-yah! Onetrack - close enough. 5 mm ID would have been perfect but I can live with 6 mm.

Also my thanks for your kind offer to punch them out for me - my Son has a laser thingy and can  cut them (I think) but of course I will have to bring forward his inheritance to sweeten the deal 🙃

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 1