A minus for RAA?

21 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Once again apathy is the dominant response.

I am wondering IF the new CEO will be good news for us, wondering if the last man bailed out because Part 149 was too hard for him? 

Get a friend to do it for you. Membership is required to enter many sites. Privacy might be an issue. The casa VH planes are public but the ordinary person can't find out who owns a registered car .  Nev

On 16/02/2024 at 9:26 AM, spacesailor said:

F V

None members cannot log in or check if their aircraft is still on the

RAA register.  ( AUF registered but castout from RAA ) .

spacesailor

Yours is still on the register as cancelled 2009. 

23 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

Just ask a " traffic cop " they just put the number in their computer & there it is .

If you look over their shoulder.  LoL

spacesailor

Not in this millennium……when Qprime software was in use, maybe.  Not anymore, Police must have an active investigation going for authority to do it, or a higher rank to approve.  Who would want to be a Police Officer these days……many resigning, what a horrible job for many. 🤢🤢

• Informative 2

When pulled over for any misdemeanour,  not only your rego. / Licence . But any outstanding warrants / child support. Or anything they want to check. Is on their computer. 

spacesailor

• Agree 1

Spacey is correct. And not only info for your state of residence - if you're out of State, it's all there.

This Australia-wide co-ordination came about when a double murderer on the run from Victoria, was pulled up on an isolated stretch of the Gt Northern Hwy out of Karratha, W.A., by a single traffic patrolman.

The copper was innocently questioning the bloke about a fuel drive-off, when he sprung a massive physical attack, and king-hit the copper and nearly killed him.

The double murderer was a big bloke, a lifetime crim, he'd raped and killed two sisters, only days before.

But the copper was still conscious enough to draw his Glock and drill the bloke on the spot, and it was one fatal round. The copper was a firearms instructor, fortunately.

It really brought home the fact that information on wanted crims had to be available in real time, Australia-wide. So the whole police information system became co-ordinated across all States and territories.

But you only have to worry when you see "person of interest", marked on your record - or your car is marked as "stolen"!

https://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/laura-and-colleen-irwins-parents-revisit-their-brutal-deaths-at-hands-of-monster-neighbour/news-story/011e20ced2378288b9a7f0c475a1d367

• Informative 3

On 13/02/2024 at 10:15 PM, spacesailor said:

No seats : pilot stays on the ground to fly their drone . LoL

spacesailor

That's what I was thinking when I watched the RC video with the pilot view the other day. 

• Like 2

A minus for raaus for me is they told me this week I can't use my xair to complete my solo training because I wasn't involved in the building of the kit.  But I can do my endorsements in it. That is silly. They won't let me fly it solo but are happy for me to carry the instructor around for the endorsements.  

• Like 3

I think that fits in with their rules on TRAINING aircraft. You can't restrict endorsements or they can't be done. The Instructor is not REQUIRED to fly in an aircraft he/she doesn't wish to.. You might have to look around. IF you are qualified to  fly solo  as far as I know you can fly anything on the register. Ther's no dual possible on a single seater. Need T/W  and tricycle endorsement and two stroke if applicable.  Nev

• Like 2

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

I think that fits in with their rules on TRAINING aircraft. You can't restrict endorsements or they can't be done. The Instructor is not REQUIRED to fly in an aircraft he/she doesn't wish to.. You might have to look around. IF you are qualified to  fly solo  as far as I know you can fly anything on the register. Ther's no dual possible on a single seater. Need T/W  and tricycle endorsement and two stroke if applicable.  Nev

Yes. My argument is raaus won't allow me to solo in a 19 reg if I didn't contribute to the building of it. Yet they are happy for me to carry an instructor for the endorsements. This is raaus not my instructors. They are happy for me to use my plane but are not allowed.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

9 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

Yes. My argument is raaus won't allow me to solo in a 19 reg if I didn't contribute to the building of it. Yet they are happy for me to carry an instructor for the endorsements. This is raaus not my instructors. They are happy for me to use my plane but are not allowed.

RAAUs need to pull their heads  in and get with the times, more GA b/S everyday.  Slowly eroding our sport with more and more rules.

Someone please tell me I am WRONG?

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, jackc said:

RAAUs need to pull their heads  in and get with the times, more GA b/S everyday.  Slowly eroding our sport with more and more rules.

Someone please tell me I am WRONG?

I wonder who came up with what I mentioned. How can it make sense not to allow solo training but allow instructors in the aircraft for endorsements.

• Informative 1

As far as I know you couldn't train in a 19 xxxx plane unless YOU built 51% of it.. There's some pretty wild stuff in that category.. Maybe your's isn't but there has to be rules. You can make money doing training and you are selling a service to the public so the standard bar is set higher..  Nev

• Informative 1

Well, the person who built my 19 reg plane did a pretty ordinary job of it, but worse was the LAME who did major works on it and did not enter the major works in it logbook and did a dodgy condition report and represented to me the aircraft was good and ready to go.

I grounded it as a death trap based on my small amount of Aviation knowledge and when I complained to RAAus, thy did not seem to care.

So, you can imagine how much respect I have for some of their stupid rules, which is SFA…….

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

As far as I know you couldn't train in a 19 xxxx plane unless YOU built 51% of it.. There's some pretty wild stuff in that category.. Maybe your's isn't but there has to be rules. You can make money doing training and you are selling a service to the public so the standard bar is set higher..  Nev

You only have to contribute to the building of it . Not 51%. I am not talking about hiring the plane out. I am talking about training in your own plane.  My problem with the rules is why can't I fly solo with the instructor on the ground. But there is no problem with me taking the instructor xcountry or for a passenger endorsement. Makes no sense.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, BrendAn said:

You only have to contribute to the building of it . Not 51%. I am not talking about hiring the plane out. I am talking about training in your own plane.  My problem with the rules is why can't I fly solo with the instructor on the ground. But there is no problem with me taking the instructor xcountry or for a passenger endorsement. Makes no sense.

I think that ruling might be applicable to anyone not yet holding all what ever endorsements might be related to a type of aircraft. Once you have your Pilot Certificate an instructor can fly with you in your own aircraft and check you out for additional airframe configurations if required, but you cannot fly that type configuration solo until endorsed to do so.

29 minutes ago, Area-51 said:

I think that ruling might be applicable to anyone not yet holding all what ever endorsements might be related to a type of aircraft. Once you have your Pilot Certificate an instructor can fly with you in your own aircraft and check you out for additional airframe configurations if required, but you cannot fly that type configuration solo until endorsed to do so.

Screenshot_2024-02-18-18-54-08-86_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-18-18-54-25-92_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg