savannah incident

has anyone heard a savannah going down near hogan island.

its on the raaus incident list but i have not seen anything on the news. happened thursday.

6 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

Where is Hogan Island?..There was a incident I know of in Bass Strait. but it wasnt a savannah

Have a look on Google Earth.

9 minutes ago, Kyle Communications said:

Where is Hogan Island?..There was a incident I know of in Bass Strait. but it wasnt a savannah

bass straight. on the border of tasmania and victoria

Well, SOUTH of Hogan Island, is IN Bass Strait!  Did the Savannah go into the water? If so, there should've been news of a maritime rescue!

no he had a carb engine spring fail and the engine was running very rough so he put down on the island...emerg services came but they got it sorted and continued onto tasmania

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

Looks like it's only about 40km from the Vic coast.  Not much on the island, but looks reasonably flat in parts.  They did well getting it down safely then continuing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Looks like it's only about 40km from the Vic coast.  Not much on the island, but looks reasonably flat in parts.  They did well getting it down safely then continuing.

its not too far from wilsons prom.   the hogan group, there are few smaller islands there too and the only land border between tassy and vic.

Edited by BrendAn
  • Informative 1

I don't know how you'd put down on Hogan Island? What's not major rock outcrops, is thousands of large tussocks of grass! Looks like it'd be a nightmare to land on, to me!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

I don't know how you'd put down on Hogan Island? What's not major rock outcrops, is thousands of large tussocks of grass! Looks like it'd be a nightmare to land on, to me!

Sav only needs 50' to land and take off with a good head wind

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, onetrack said:

I don't know how you'd put down on Hogan Island? What's not major rock outcrops, is thousands of large tussocks of grass! Looks like it'd be a nightmare to land on, to me

True, but the alternative doesn’t look too good either… 🫣

• Like 1

State border
The state border between Tasmania and Victoria lies in the Hogan Group and passes over land on the North East Islet, thus giving a land border between the two states. Before Victoria became a colony, it was agreed that New South Wales would have the sovereignty of all the land to Bass Strait, and Tasmania would have Bass Strait, except for waters near the coast. The original intention was that these Bass Strait Islands would be part of Tasmania, but the surveyed position for Wilson's Promontory was slightly off, and the border placed too far south at 39°12' S. Once this was discovered the Islet was renamed to Boundary Islet. The land border is 85 metres (279 ft) long.

BorderIsland.thumb.jpg.f9faf8c36e35fad78aa0f86e628b936d.jpg

• Informative 2

3 minutes ago, red750 said:

The land border is 85 metres (279 ft) long.

Big enough to place passport control, when we secede...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Big enough to place passport control, when we secede...

could be a staging post for the thruster airforce that was going to invade tasmania in the never ending story.😁

• Haha 2

When will the incubation, sorry confiscation, sorry, correction, sanctuary, damn dit it again... when will the contamination, far out... Let's start again... When will the quarantine huts be settled at each side of the border?

Looks like it's a nature reserve.

So the quarantine stations will be 2x 3m tinnies powered by Evinrude 3.5hp motors, parked either end.  (Example on 1 end crudely drawn in).

image.thumb.png.99f17bd25a38d8c405ca969bc1462759.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

The economy is not good enough to do that. Nev

Would be if the Petroleum Resources Rent Tax was greater than student HEC fees (tax on education) to Government. Another astonishing arse about policy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-07/fact-check-hecs-prrt-richard-denniss-australia-institute/103553434

• Agree 2