RAA's annual air show

2 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

maybe you should organise the next one skippy.  might stop you moaning for a while 😁

Moaning?? Have you checked out the coming events, I have referred to, and seen how they compare with RAA's ""Fly'n for Fun"?? 

I have some experince in event management, so for a consultancy fee (RAA is a professional organisation not charity/volunteer group) will be happy to assist, should I be asked.

6 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

Moaning?? Have you checked out the coming events, I have referred to, and seen how they compare with RAA's ""Fly'n for Fun"?? 

I have some experince in event management, so for a consultancy fee (RAA is a professional organisation not charity/volunteer group) will be happy to assist, should I be asked.

What event and what role did you play would be nice to know?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

What event and what role did you play would be nice to know?

As manager, organising in house events from 20 to around 2000 people /day (international & domestic visitors) and as manager facilitator, for others, using my employer's facilities, to around 8000 over two days - That's all you get, until you demonstrate you are in a position to offer a remunerated consultancy, that might attract me out of happy retirement - then you get my CV

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

6 minutes ago, skippydiesel said:

As manager, organising in house events from 20 to around 2000 people /day (international & domestic visitors) and as manager facilitator, for others, using my employer's facilities, to around 8000 over two days - That's all you get, until you demonstrate you are in a position to offer a remunerated consultancy, that might attract me out of happy retirement - then you get my CV

Very vague, but thanks for what you have said; similar size to the RAAus event.  I guessed may have been a field day thingy for Government from past posts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

You...you didn't wear the denim and boots did you Skippy?

• Haha 1

Sound like a very good event. Thank you to the sponsors. Not able to attend this time, look forward to the next one, 8 thrusters yes.

From the CEO

Fly'n For Fun Soars to Success at Parkes, NSW

Last weekend marked a truly remarkable and successful event as aviation enthusiasts from near and far gathered at Parkes, NSW, for Fly'n For Fun. This exhilarating occasion, made possible by the dedication and support of numerous individuals and organisations, showcased the best of aviation and community spirit.

At the heart of this extraordinary event stood our Principal Sponsor, the AMDA Foundation, whose unwavering support helped turn our vision into reality. Their commitment to fostering aviation excellence played a pivotal role in making Fly'n For Fun a resounding success.

In addition to the AMDA Foundation, we extend our deepest gratitude to our Platinum Sponsor OzRunways who sponsored breakfast for every pilot and passenger who flew in, and added significant value, ensuring a memorable experience for all attendees. Their partnership and enthusiasm for aviation were crucial in creating an unforgettable event for everyone involved.

We have received great feedback about the shuttle bus service that was offered to ferry people between the event site and the town of Parkes. We would like to thank ROTAX for their generous sponsorship, which allowed us to make this fantastic service free to all attendees.

Of course, our appreciation extends beyond our principal and platinum sponsors to encompass all our other sponsors and exhibitors. Your support and involvement enriched the event, providing attendees with unique insights and experiences that celebrated the diversity of aviation.

A special mention must be made to the HARS Aviation Museum for their invaluable contribution to the success of Fly'n For Fun. Their tireless efforts in developing the event site into a remarkable venue underscore their dedication to preserving aviation heritage and promoting the joy of flight. Witnessing the transformation of the site from a cow paddock to its current grandeur is a testament to the passion and hard work of everyone involved. HARS have more fantastic improvements planned for the site - stay tuned!

We also want to express our heartfelt gratitude to our members who attended the event. Your continued support to aviation is overwhelming and inspiring. Your presence and enthusiasm contributed immeasurably to the vibrant atmosphere of Fly'n For Fun.

As we reflect on the weekend's achievements, we are filled with excitement for the future of this event. With ambitious plans underway to further enhance the event site and expand its offerings, we are confident that this biennial gathering will continue to captivate aviation enthusiasts for many years to come.

Once again, we extend our heartfelt thanks to all our sponsors, exhibitors, partners, and members for their invaluable contributions. Your support has been instrumental in making Fly'n For Fun a highlight of the RAAus calendar, and we eagerly anticipate the continued growth and success of this fly-in.

Here's to many more years of flying high together!

Maxine Milera
CEO

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

15 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

Sound like a very good event. Thank you to the sponsors. Not able to attend this time, look forward to the next one, 8 thrusters yes.

From the CEO

Last weekend marked a truly remarkable and successful event as aviation enthusiasts from near and far gathered at Parkes, NSW, for Fly'n For Fun. This exhilarating occasion, made possible by the dedication and support of numerous individuals and organisations, showcased the best of aviation and community spirit.

At the heart of this extraordinary event stood our Principal Sponsor, the AMDA Foundation, whose unwavering support helped turn our vision into reality. Their commitment to fostering aviation excellence played a pivotal role in making Fly'n For Fun a resounding success.

In addition to the AMDA Foundation, we extend our deepest gratitude to our Platinum Sponsor OzRunways who sponsored breakfast for every pilot and passenger who flew in, and added significant value, ensuring a memorable experience for all attendees. Their partnership and enthusiasm for aviation were crucial in creating an unforgettable event for everyone involved.

We have received great feedback about the shuttle bus service that was offered to ferry people between the event site and the town of Parkes. We would like to thank ROTAX for their generous sponsorship, which allowed us to make this fantastic service free to all attendees.

Of course, our appreciation extends beyond our principal and platinum sponsors to encompass all our other sponsors and exhibitors. Your support and involvement enriched the event, providing attendees with unique insights and experiences that celebrated the diversity of aviation.

A special mention must be made to the HARS Aviation Museum for their invaluable contribution to the success of Fly'n For Fun. Their tireless efforts in developing the event site into a remarkable venue underscore their dedication to preserving aviation heritage and promoting the joy of flight. Witnessing the transformation of the site from a cow paddock to its current grandeur is a testament to the passion and hard work of everyone involved. HARS have more fantastic improvements planned for the site - stay tuned!

We also want to express our heartfelt gratitude to our members who attended the event. Your continued support to aviation is overwhelming and inspiring. Your presence and enthusiasm contributed immeasurably to the vibrant atmosphere of Fly'n For Fun.

As we reflect on the weekend's achievements, we are filled with excitement for the future of this event. With ambitious plans underway to further enhance the event site and expand its offerings, we are confident that this biennial gathering will continue to captivate aviation enthusiasts for many years to come.

Once again, we extend our heartfelt thanks to all our sponsors, exhibitors, partners, and members for their invaluable contributions. Your support has been instrumental in making Fly'n For Fun a highlight of the RAAus calendar, and we eagerly anticipate the continued growth and success of this fly-in.

Maxine Milera
CEO

Next target 16 Thrusters and some Drifters

Next target is, clearance to land for An FAR Part 103 aircraft flown by an unlicensed pilot,

Just like they do at Oshkosh Air Venture 🤩🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turboplanner said:

Next target 16 Thrusters and some Drifters

The target for next year is 8 thrusters, only 4 this year. I am doing my bit to stimulate grass roots flying in this area. One guy now has three, high hour commercial pilot, he loves them.

Drifters are a bit rare down here, have seen one at Cootamundra, I think it is blue drifter, a member on here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thruster88 said:

The target for next year is 8 thrusters, only 4 this year. I am doing my bit to stimulate grass roots flying in this area. One guy now has three, high hour commercial pilot, he loves them.

Drifters are a bit rare down here, have seen one at Cootamundra, I think it is blue drifter, a member on here. 

This Drifter came to our flyin at Raglan last year, Tony from Gympie? 

IMG_6520.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

From the CEO

Maxine Milera
CEO

Creative Spinn!!!!

I forsee the closure of this event, sooner rather than later. It comes across as a box ticking exercise.

It is not  a good investment for commercial aviation (not enough potential buyers) or for RAA - its for a very few enthusiastic aging aviators - what's in it for the  new recruits??? Where was the lineup of excited kids (teen-80) waiting for joy a flight/TIFs .

It desperately needs :

A new Management team, with fresh ideas and realistic short/medium/long term goals.

Different location - YPAK just doesn't have the environment/atmosphere - for a start, a non security controlled airfield, is a must. Visiting aircraft parking, should be open/accessible to the public (with marshals to prevent people doing damage) Reasonably weather resistant parking/camping (not a potential mud bath)

Proper food & drink (cold water should be free) - long gone are the days, when soft lukewarm over salty chips and third grade steak & onions, with lashings of cheap tomato/BBQ sauce, between two slices of white bread, all washed down with a  Coke, was considered a veritable feast.

Seating under every tree/awning/ wing of large aircraft.

Rubbish bins everywhere

Lucky "door" prizes (joy flight?)

Best presented visiting aircraft (diffrent categories)

Prize for furthest visiting flight/flyer

Attractive events/displays/etc for pilot companions

Perhaps a local band/ singer

ETC ETC

If only Aviation in this country could wake up to itself, but I won’t hold my breath 🤢

3 hours ago, jackc said:

I repost this, final destination oof a Part 103 aircraft to Oshkosh AirVenture

Or, make a ruckus ...

On 19/04/2024 at 10:25 PM, Garfly said:

Or, make a ruckus ...

I really like the idea of this but at $40K USD that's got to work out at close to $100k landed in Aus for what is essentially a flying dirtbike.

• Agree 1