The Never Ending Fun Debate

1 hour ago, BirdDog said:

I have flown and flown in a few aircraft in this category, and I was sceptical before I bought mine, but a Bristell NG5 does it for me.  Fast, comfy and looks sexy as!!  😄 

Seriously though - one of the most roomy cockpits in its class, with adjustable pedals etc etc.

If I had the tenacity, I would drop a 916 in it and try and tear the wings off!!  😂

Nice looking aircraft and its (Wilkpedia) performance is almost as good as the ATEC Faet (also  Czech)

8 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

Nice looking aircraft and its (Wilkpedia) performance is almost as good as the ATEC Faet (also  Czech)

Comparing wikipedia or even manufacturer performance is a waste of time. Adsb shows anyone interested how they cruise in the real world. Cessna 182, 120-130 knots all day every day. 

12 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

Comparing wikipedia or even manufacturer performance is a waste of time. Adsb shows anyone interested how they cruise in the real world. Cessna 182, 120-130 knots all day every day. 

You are likely correct. Unfortunatly manufactures performance data being suspect, one can only turn to third parties (Wiki) in the hope they may not just be paroting the manufacturer's claims. 

ADSB? - you would need to know the registration of the aircraft, the power setting, engine type, propeller/ load, altitude, OAT, any speed/lift mods - what else? to be able to make determination (data) that could then be used to compare with another aircraft in the same conditions .

Not impossible but unlikly, outside the controlled confines of a competition.

This is why I like competition data - its the only information that is likely to be untainted by marketing hype.

https://www.pipistrel.ad/pipistrel/travel/virus-912

http://worldrecordplane.com/