Another NEW Savannah XL on its way

Kyle Communications

Guy's I remember the tittle to an old song, "love the one your with" I fly the Foxbat when I'm on leave, just wondering how the Savannah compares, I realize that being on a Savannah page it's all going to be very positive points of view, specs for the XL are impressive.

I haven't flown a foxbat so cant compare but have about 80 or so hours in the XL that I built from a kit and the plane flys great...but I am told so does the foxbat...I think it all goes to cost really for the performance you want or the application you want. Mine cost the price of a commodore to build but if I bought one factory assembled it would cost as much as nice BMW and a foxbat factory built would be a Mercedes AMG. Mine does just what I want it to do..fantastic short field performance and no nasty habits at all to bite you with. Its a no brainer to fly ...I love it

• Like 2

Thanks, just been downloading all the good gen onto my iPad, spotted the obvious error, the more I read the more I'm impressed, anyone know if there are any at YCAB? Otherwise will have a peak at Archerfield.

Ok so what does a new factory built one come in at, but more importantly to me what is the MTOW and the real empty weight of one. I have seen on at Caboolture but only in passing.

Just recieved an email from Reg the importer, $94,000 for the XL & $97,000 for the S, waiting to find out if that includes gst or you need to add 10%, the MTOW for the new a/c are 600kg,

But the all important empty weight please. I looked at one aircraft (not a Savannah) with a MTOW of 600kgs and an empty weight of 385 kgs. One figure is no good without the other.

Also only about 5 grand difference between this and the Foxbat on the figures that I have seen..

Ok so what does a new factory built one come in at, but more importantly to me what is the MTOW and the real empty weight of one. I have seen on at Caboolture but only in passing.

The factory builds are pretty much exactly the same as the 19 versions like mine...they will come in at around 300kg up to a max of around 315kg from what I have seen just depends on the appointments you want. MTOW is 600kg now so it literally is the best bang for the buck aircraft by a long way

But the all important empty weight please. I looked at one aircraft (not a Savannah) with a MTOW of 600kgs and an empty weight of 385 kgs. One figure is no good without the other.Also only about 5 grand difference between this and the Foxbat on the figures that I have seen..

I am pretty sure the XL factory built is about $90,000 or so

• Caution 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Bob

Not sure but I think I may have some pics somewhere...I have the actual mount at home so can take some pics of it...I am up at the farm at the moment will look when I get back. I am not using my big iPad now I got a iPad mini with a air gizmo panel mount. It is all setup in my new dash although not installed yet. I am about to get the new dash panel powder coated but will organise some pics when I get back tomorrow night

This aircraft, known as The Defender, looks suspiciously like an ICP Savannah:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxJ1rhRII4JNWW51aEFoazlQNkpULXh1Q1BhMmYzM2RhcGRn/edit?pli=1

(I think it is a Price On Application issue)

How the hell can they do an ad like that without at least acknowledging that the "Defender" is in fact an ICP Savannah? Are they afraid that prospective purchasers may realise they're spending an additional $220,000 over the aircraft price for a gimbal-mounted camera?

• Like 1

Hi Bob, this is the ram mount set up in my recently sold Savannah, I originally had my Garmin mounted here, and left the mount for the new owner to mount his IPad.

Easily viewed and assessable, bought the mounts from James at Johnny Appleseed GPS at Rocklea

Graham

image.jpg.c059b0a2fbf9ce77b81a6ca1c810ddb4.jpg

image.jpg.d5d7e3d76b57f01a0e897357ea333974.jpg

image.jpg.073de93649f3e51f5bcb869ec87f87a7.jpg