Another NEW Savannah XL on its way

Kyle Communications

Yes the original paint is 2pack...its Protec paint. I have some left over when I painted it when I built the plane. So it will all match

Just resprayed my boat with Protec 2 pac and it looks better than the new ones in the local showroom. I'm sure yours will be the same.

I do have the beefed-up front gear support

Hi Dan,

Sorry to be using Marks thread but didn't know how else to go about it.

Can you tell me more about this beefed-up front gear support. Did all VG XL models have it or is it a retro-fit. Is it ICP or is it an after market creation.

Any info appreciated.

Bob

Fitted the bottom cowl back on today to do all the masking up for the white ticks on the front. Finally got it all painted this afternoon. Will go tomorrow and refit the original exhaust system and check my plugs then put it all back together....and then I can go fly 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

IMG_3003.jpg.4ee88ad562e7c0070bfcc4ec5f0478ee.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg.dc176e26d347b6518960c63aaf33ff58.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg.3c8a3c999d8f4b25f5f752e5a32f3169.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Steve have the seats changed at all with the adjustable seats?..in other words is this adjustable seat thingo fittable to mine?...I take it that there are different seats as well...do you know of any pictures around of them?

You would need to strip right down to the floor, the bulkhead across the front of the tunnel is really flat. The seats are a fabricated bucket seat, absolute genius design but they have about 3Kg of rivets in each side. You would find them a bit squeezy I think.

You could retrofit an armrest much easier, wouldn't be bad on the pilots side when you are doing circuits, for you throttle arm. I had one from Jeremy's kit built over at Reg's but I misplaced it before I built my doors. It was a pax side one so the holes would have needed a bit of reaming in places.

I dont need a armrest now with the 2 sticks...it is far more comfortable to fly now. Just a more natural position for hands and arms now. The new mods to the seats would make it almost impossible to fit the twin sticks anyway by the look of it. It would have to be a whole new mounting system for them

Got the original exhaust system back on today. Cleaned and reset the spark plug gaps. Drained all the fuel out as its been sitting in the tanks now for about 7 weeks so that goes into the Mrs car as mine is a diesel now. Will put some new fuel into her tomorrow morning and start her up without the cowl on to make sure all is ok then put the cowls back on. Probably wont be able to go for a fly in the morning as I have to be back here by 9 am then got a lot of things I have to get done so hopefully early Sunday morning I will commit some aviation

• Like 1

The new seats have different cushions and a very deep recess in the front edge to accommodate twin sticks. The mounting may be difficult though they are still a factory option. I have had a play with two kits with them now, building the seat frames and buckets in the first one was more fun than building my first door. Watching Jeremy put all the flat bits together to get bucket seats, you could see he was enjoying it too, I was just looking over his shoulder giving him encouragement and the odd advice. They have really made their 3D design program work for it's money this time. Shame about the weight though.

IMG_3024.jpg.f7d74e576458a7614ea6087c51189a60.jpg Went flying today its actually been about 12 weeks since I flew her. Roger Western in his Spirit,Danny Leach in his Sav and me in the girlfriend flew from Ycab up to Teewah which is just south of Rainbow Beach. The girlfriend performed flawlessly. It was good to get back into the saddle

IMG_3009.jpg.23e3cc06366c51c838892567d2a7b788.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg.644d7afb4316e142c17afda3cf8e657f.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg.b3cf730b90b49571d41cf03560cef327.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg.175ddfb68391808202f7c350dffdbb33.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I see with interest the wooden template for the wing tip. Good idea. I'm doing the same but it still takes a bit to get right. I'm still fiddling. Be nicer if that bent angular on the top was pre drilled. I'm guessing as long it's looks nice and both are the same. Eg the glass tip looks like it can go 10 mm either way at the front.

Lyndon