RAA Aus resignations

robinsm

Have heard a rumour tonight that 2 of the Raa Aus board members have resigned. Any truth in this and if so why?

(Rumour is it was Bill Cain and Don Ramsey??)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

So what's going on now ?, I met Don at Temora and I saw this board as one of the most stable, and potentially effective ones we've had in a while....................................................................Maj...033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

I know of one member that is not listed in the opening post that told me he was about to resign also...I know of so much going on, and have the documents to prove it, that would make any RAAus member absolutely disgusted and I did say all this would happen 8 months ago however I am waiting for the right time to release it all...if you want to save RAAus both Runciman and Tizzard need to go TODAY!

One thing that I was able to achieve when I was a board member, although against the wishes of other board members, was to instil more transparency as I said to all members what was happening even though it was to much disgust of hearing the goings on of the board by many members, I still did it as I believed YOU own the Association, not a group of 13.

So, with this in mind I can't help but wonder whether I should stand at this next election and try to bring back the board member communication again and thus transparency but as I found before, I am just 1 person?

In respect of the rumours, Ramsay and Cain's resignation are not rumours, the reasons for their resignations are basically the same, and the resignation of a third board member was also for the same but that resignation was not accepted by Runciman yet he accepted the other two. Also as to proof, I have emails and copies of solicitors letters which I WILL release depending on what happens soon and to the extent that I say again...Runciman and Tizzard MUST stand down TODAY and leave the RAAus to rebuild itself for the most important stakeholder...YOU, the members !

• Like 1

Could there be a no confidence motion put forward, with a suggestion of a spill of all positions? It sounds like the best way to move forward.

How about a petition from RAA members for a special GM?

how about instead of everyone spreading rumours people should state the facts.If someone says they have emails and letters they should post them or SHUT UP I am sick of this talk about people must resign for raa to survive WHY WHAT HAVE THEY DONE so come on put your pen where your mouth is and tell us what you know or is it all BS and just a personal vendetta ie throw enough mud and some will stick

I reckon that it would be very difficult and frustrating for a new board member or members to get their points across with so many empire builders . Same stuff happened years ago.A few times actually, over the last 20 years.

All this stuff is give and take. You have to work with what you have most times and goodwill and co-operation is essential. Interpersonal skills are often lacking these days. NO one person can have it all their way. You need a good dose of pragmatism and an achievable aim,

Any organisation like this one could start with a good policy manual where all policies have a sunset clause. ( If they are inactive they lapse or are revised/amended and accepted again.

Any constitution is designed within the constraints of it's particular state legislation. An incorporated body cannot be far away from the model. Nev

Probably not Bandit, but you guys should be making a noise about it because its not like a bowls club where everyone goes down to the pub and forgets about it.

This Association is the reason you can fly, if you fly RA.

If it becomes dysfunctional and unable to carry out its charter, you stop flying.

If an elected Official resigns, it should be HIM who tells the members why. It only does damage to the organization if he leaves things open to create rumours and misinformation.

• Like 2

Had a bit of a read...

Section 17 makes it clear it can be done...

17. Removal of Board Members.

The association in general meeting may by resolution, subject to Section 50 of the Act, remove

any Member of the Board from office before the expiration of the Member’s term of office.

...needing 7 members present (section 25 (i) and (ii), and section 28) - best to be "unhappy campers" wanting the change by proposing a general members poll and Special/Extraordinary General meeting(but the more present the merrier)...

25. General meetings - procedure and quorum.

(i) No item of business shall be transacted at a General Meeting unless a quorum of Members

entitled under these rules to vote is present during the time the meeting is considering that

item.

(ii) Seven (7) Members present in person (being Members entitled under these rules to vote at

a General Meeting) constitute a quorum for the transaction of the business at the General

Meeting.

28. Making of decisions.

not less than 3 Members, present in person or by proxy at the meeting.

...using a stack of proxy votes at the next (Special/Extraordinary) General Meeting to get the spill of positions happening.

If it is as toxic a corporate structure as it is being made out to be, then IMHO this would not be an unreasonable approach.

Of note there does not appear to be anything the suggests the the CEO, AM, OM, AOM, and TM are not a part of the board, simply that there are 13 individuals on the elected board who undertake day-to-day running.

If there are enough misgivings to warrant an investigation, why not the corruption investigation organisation in NSW? (being registered in Fyshwick)

Your last point it a good one Turbo. Just where he/she would do it is a matter of choice. Also I don't believe I would want to put pressure on anyone other than to say that if there is an issue, we are the shareholders (in a sense) so have an entitlement to be informed.

I would fight for the right of anyone to explain what the problem is (as they see it), in those circumstances.

I have belonged to organisations where quite long letters of resignation have been submitted to the executive and have never been made public. I see this as a wrong procedure although ( depending on the content) some of it may have legal implications.

Possible forums? for the explanation would be Here and the Magazine.. They should have the right to have their statements published unedited, unless there was some legal process likely to flow from it and that would have to be a convincing , rather than just convenient restriction. Nev

damkia, what are we suggesting? Don't "stack" meetings, please, and what has"toxic" got to do with it. Has the toilet over run?We are not in the parliament now where such inappropriate terms have common usage. Don't go there. Nev