Light aircraft flipped over during massive storm at Archerfield

dazza 38

n 2005 here in Sherlock we had a 120 kmh squall, I had my single seat bunyip anchored outside. The wind hit it head on and my wife and I went out ( during squall) it was lifted completely off the ground , lucky the fence stakes held tight in the lime stone and the fencing wire( all I had at the time but worked well) held out, that and hanging my heavy 65 kg body off the 447 helped I like to think.

We often talk about it and yes how bloody stupid I was in the squall hanging off the plane that could have taken me with it.

And these days in 2014 in 140kmh squall, I defiantly wasn't hanging off the prop. I was actually hanging off a truck strap attached to my car and the un finished hangar .054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

• Haha 1

n 2005 here in Sherlock we had a 120 kmh squall, I had my single seat bunyip anchored outside. The wind hit it head on and my wife and I went out ( during squall) it was lifted completely off the ground , lucky the fence stakes held tight in the lime stone and the fencing wire( all I had at the time but worked well) held out, that and hanging my heavy 65 kg body off the 447 helped I like to think.We often talk about it and yes how bloody stupid I was in the squall hanging off the plane that could have taken me with it.

And these days in 2014 in 140kmh squall, I defiantly wasn't hanging off the prop. I was actually hanging off a truck strap attached to my car and the un finished hangar .054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

Hehehe, I can see that in my "Minds eye" flyerme. And it would be a funny sight seeing you flapping about in the breeze.

The things we do, at the spur of the moment, to protect the things we hold dear.

Cheers,

Pud

• Like 1

The things we do, at the spur of the moment, to protect the things we hold dear.Pud

I notice that his wife went out with him, but he held on to the plane.

Pud, was you punctuation incorrect in your post? Should it have been "... , to protect the things, we hold, dear."

OME

• Haha 1

My 2nd Daughter had to hide between 2 cars after being hit on the head twice and back and shoulders from golf ball to cricket ball sized hail.

While trapped there, a young man saw it and ran out from his house with a thick plastic sheet at risk to himself and helped her to cover, I'm so grateful. Daughter needed medical attention and has a couple of huge eggs on her scone.

Her car is a writeoff and is my youngest Daughter's who was driving on Riverside Dve. when it came. No insurance for hail damage.

Apparently every car on Moorooka Magic Mile is &^%&*$#. For non-Brissy people, that's a "mile" of new and used car lots.

• Informative 1

I flew up from Melbourne this morning and holy c$&p, I have never seen anything like it! The CBD is a mess, lots of damaged cars and even a few buildings. 300 Queen St is now 30 queen St because a 0 fell off. Bet someone has pinched that already.

My last visit to Brisbane was the G20 weekend when it was 40 degrees. What's with the weather up here? And I'm moving here in January!