• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seventy plus years of being an aeroplane nut helps! Memory goes back to seeing the Bristol Brabazon fly over Edinburgh. Add to that a bookshelf full of reference books and you have your answer!

And for those of us not into 70 years of being a nut ... 40 years + reference library + a job years while at Uni watching hundreds of hours of film and building an index to the archive - getting paid

Yes, Googles algorithms find virtually everything that has ever been posted for public display. And I've spent 20 yrs fine-tuning my internet searching abilities.   As a little thread drift

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Again more than a week with no response. Are you stumped, or bored with this game?

Oh ok, I'll have a crack.

It's the result of a chance meeting between a Cessna 150 and a De Havilland Beaver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
B8CA6D68-1269-4A47-A73E-A089AA23CA11.jpeg.43d7b82eba89cf51072eef563aa9d195.jpeg Here is one from me for any of you to identify. Photo not terribly clear, blown up from a phone photo taken from the fence at Mareeba airport. I’ll even give you the registration, N2811W. Google says Boeing 727 which it plainly (planely!) isn’t. I don’t have a clue!

Back to post #1152. The aircraft is a Centaur 101 Longren L-13, a Stinson L-13 Grasshopper converted for bush use by installing a Wright R975 radial engine.

Next one :-

TGTP087.JPG.fe5c86312f7eeebb8686da8e725a088c.JPG

It's the precursor to the Cessna 400, made by Colombia Aircraft Listed as the Colombia LC41.[ATTACH=full]61725[/ATTACH]

I should know this one, a mate of mine, Paul Longthorp owned either it or a sister ship when I lived in England 35 yrs ago, but my brain has decided to have a senior moment!

Here it is . Had a close-up when in Mareeba last year .....Bob[FLO[ATTACH=full]61722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]61721[/ATTACH]

Interesting, if that is at Mareeba because the one I saw today still had the American registration on it! or are there two around?

Chrislea Super Ace G-AKVF was Paul’s one! That’s better.

I actually had a fly in it back then. Had one of the strangest control set-ups I have ever seen. I think there is also one in the HARS museum.

Interesting, if that is at Mareeba because the one I saw today still had the American registration on it! or are there two around?

Can’t answer that Derek but this was last year and had .... “Cape Air Transport / Torres Strait” on the fin ..... Bob

• 2 weeks later...