Croc Incident

Cosmick

I must say it looks like a hoax. But a quick search of internet photo hoaxes doesn't bring it up. Which doesn't mean it isn't.

Croc looks like it's hanging some weight on the skids but helicopter is perfectly level. Even a squirrel would tip with the weight of a decent croc on the skid.

Happy to be convinced otherwise but looks way too much like a large number of other pics of animals attacking various things that turn out to be hoaxes.

The one in front of the cruiser looks like he has been lying in the sun for two or three days since he took his last breath.

Yes he looks as though he is at the stage where poking him with a stick could get you covered in unpleasantness!

I'm not so sure about the genuine-ness of the OP's pic. Crocs don't like being too far away from water, and they feel very vulnerable when well away from it.

I would hazard an educated guess, that even an aggressive croc would prefer to make a dash for the nearby water, rather than attack the chopper.

One also has to question - what is the photographer in? - another chopper? The photo seems to indicate it was taken at, or near to, ground level.

Re the size of the croc alongside the HJ47 'Cruiser - I took a "croc tour" of the Corroboree Billabong last August - and we sighted two crocs that were 6.5 and 6.7 metres. Both were on open ground, about 10M from the water, chewing on a dead buff.

The girth of their guts was astonishing. I would never have believed crocs got to that size, without actually sighting these pair with my own eyes! I've got some pics somewhere, I think they're on the Missus's camera, I'll see if I can find them.

The croc in the first picture looks like it's been photoshop'd to me, and probably taken on the Yellow River. We saw some huge buggers there, but not quite like that.

My son is a keen Jew fisho, and although he's caught some beauties, they are not 2mtrs long like they look in some of the photo's i've taken, but it makes for a great story. (not that fisho's exaggerate a little) 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif