Hanson flys into birdsville races - Is she a Good for RAA and Jab Marketing our Sport

SSCBD

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cans of booze airside with the Jab doors open...not a good look!Kaz

Isn't it?

Who doesn't have a beer or similar when the flying is finished for the day - and how naughty to be standing beside an aircraft!

You obviously don't agree with her politics.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 2

Pauline is lying in parliament, that's a serious offence but if you guys are ok with her lying, I'm ok with her lying.[ATTACH=full]51862[/ATTACH]

Politicians all lie, if you think she is the only one telling tall stories to suit themselves, your sadly mistaken!

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Isn't it?Who doesn't have a beer or similar when the flying is finished for the day - and how naughty to be standing beside an aircraft!

You obviously don't agree with her politics.

It was absolutely nothing to do with her politics and if you take the time to have a look at my posting history you might discover I'm not a party politic poster.

I simply think that the consumption of alcohol airside by aircrew is unacceptable to the majority of the ill-informed public whose opinions hold far more sway with legislators than we small band of recreational flyers. And I'm not a wowser...just finished a stubby before dinner.

Perhaps it's more honest for you to say you do agree with her politics because I'm not commenting on them.

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

It was absolutely nothing to do with her politics and if you take the time to have a look at my posting history you might discover I'm not a party politic poster.I simply think that the consumption of alcohol airside by aircrew is unacceptable to the majority of the ill-informed public whose opinions hold far more sway with legislators than we small band of recreational flyers. And I'm not a wowser...just finished a stubby before dinner.

Perhaps it's more honest for you to say you do agree with her politics because I'm not commenting on them.

Kaz

Kaz

I agree with your opinion and, in fact, alcohol consumption airside at some airfields is absolutely verboten and an offence with penalties.

And, like you, I enjoy a drink or two and have sometime been known to have partaken in more than an elegant sufficiency.

Nothing at all to do with Pauline, just not a good look.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • More 1

Taken in context with the other photos, they had just arrived from a (possibly) long flight, were setting up their camp for the night and stopped for a bevy. In isolation, it could be mistaken for prior to take-off, but the other photos paint a different picture.

• Agree 2

At no time your honor, were her lips witnessed as being on the edge of the supposedly opened can. Furthermore, I would add, that even if that were the case, I have yet to to find a person who could honestly confirm whether it was empty or not, simply by viewing the side of it.

It is my opinion, that she was either promoting a good local brewery from her electorate at the time the said photograph was taken, or simply posing for the photo to wind up the aspiring opposition from Toowoomba:wink:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4
  • Winner 2

At no time your honor, were her lips witnessed as being on the edge of the supposedly opened can. Furthermore, I would add, that even if that were the case, I have yet to to find a person who could honestly confirm whether it was empty or not, simply by viewing the side of it.It is my opinion, that she was either promoting a good local brewery from her electorate at the time the said photograph was taken, or simply posing for the photo to wind up the aspiring opposition from Toowoomba:wink:

Amusing, but not likely to win in an undergrad moot.

It was absolutely nothing to do with her politics and if you take the time to have a look at my posting history you might discover I'm not a party politic poster.I simply think that the consumption of alcohol airside by aircrew is unacceptable to the majority of the ill-informed public whose opinions hold far more sway with legislators than we small band of recreational flyers. And I'm not a wowser...just finished a stubby before dinner.

Kaz

Good on ya Kaz

I don't hide anything, and yes I admit that many of Pauline's policies do appeal to me.

The point you seem to have missed, is that we are (or should be) in this sport / hobby of ours, good old fashioned, love it for how it was blokes, that just go about enjoying life in a very relaxed form.

Comments like you made are very damaging to our lifestyle and sport. You might think that it is only a small group that view these posts, but I think you would be surprised, just who, in sometimes influential positions within our over governed country, read and take in little whinges, to see what mileage they can get from a little harmless picture's comments from people who are in the industry, so to speak.

We, or some of us, are too easy to open up, on a keyboard in a back room of their house, and spruke just how much of a goody goody they are, and that they would never think of doing such a thing.

Mate, we need to get back to the good old days, where we could walk amongst out much loved and polished winged toys, have a beer or a number of beers, if that is what is found to be what is enjoyable at the time, have the wife pick us up, and yarn to her all the way home what a fantastic day we have had.

I am now about to turn 65 and have retired, and am looking to purchase an LSA, most likely next year, that will take my wife and myself on clear days to interesting places with great easy going friends that expect nothing more than a fun time.

This country is nothing like it used to be, because we have allowed our relaxed lifestyle of the past to be eroded by do gooders destined to make a name for themselves.

Hope to meet you one day over a beer, leaning on the wing (with a clean jumper on) of my next purchase.

Regards

Snake

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

why I like about Hanson is she is transparent, ABC exposes her corruption and she wants her revenge.

$600M of cuts to the ABC budget would basically kill off the ABC in rural and regional Australia, which hurts her base but not her because she lives in Ipswich, the Gold Coast and or the Sunshine Coast.

upload_2017-9-14_9-51-4.png.3bf05705ca54bfefb47f78c4a3303894.png

• Agree 1

why I like about Hanson is she is transparent, ABC exposes her corruption and she wants her revenge.$600M of cuts to the ABC budget would basically kill off the ABC in rural and regional Australia, which hurts her base but not her because she lives in Ipswich, the Gold Coast and or the Sunshine Coast.

[ATTACH=full]51882[/ATTACH]

So you do like her then. How about that!