Narromine debarkle,,,,6ft fence !!!!!!!

bull

Enough! Enough!

If you couldn't demonstrate enough nous to look up both the correct spelling and meaning of the word debacle: then you should be more restrained in your criticism of RAAus and the AA organisers. What a petty, spiteful and ungrateful thread this is! Ian, you should lock it asap. (thread is being edited...mod)

• Agree 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it,s not the members bank account anymore since RAA became a company,,it is the directors bank account to do with what they want and to ensure that they all get pay rises when they feel like it,and pay for all those travel junkets and accomadations at 5 star motels etc etc oh and the company credit cards and company cars oh and almost forgot , and to pay for 6ft fences at airshows etc

Bull I'm sure that is true of many companies, but you do our directors a disservice. Unless you have clear evidence of such indulgence, perhaps you could give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Informative 1

Enough! Enough!If you couldn't demonstrate enough nous to look up both the correct spelling and meaning of the word debacle: then you should be more restrained in your criticism of RAAus and the AA organisers. What a petty, spiteful and ungrateful thread this is! Ian, you should lock it asap.

Sorry (edited..mod) this is what threads are for ,,to discuss /debate etc etc if it hurts you too much to hear the truth , maybe just don't look at the thread....................................edited...mod

Enough! Enough!If you couldn't demonstrate enough nous to look up both the correct spelling and meaning of the word debacle: then you should be more restrained in your criticism of RAAus and the AA organisers. What a petty, spiteful and ungrateful thread this is! Ian, you should lock it asap.

deleted...mod

• Caution 1

Not so long ago people were complaining that there was no national Fly-In planned.RAA and other bodies got together and risked lots of money to organise one, but people are still dissatisfied.

How many? 5, 10, 15?

Sorry, this is what threads are for ,,to discuss /debate etc etc if it hurts you too much to hear the truth , maybe just don't look at the thread..................................... (edited...mod).............

bull you already said that you weren't at the show to see the fence, so you are in no position to highlight anything other than hearsay; and he is poteroo, ...(edited..mod)One thing I am curious about; no none of the usual photos seem to have surfaced ( but if you have some please start a more positive thread.)

• Like 1

I only have a couple of photos but am having trouble uploading them. My phone and iPad normally automatically resize them but they aren't at the minute. I will work at it and get them up.

They aren't exciting pisctures though as the daughter had the phone most of the time so she could video the sky while the air show was on:surrender:

Thanks Ian for editing my post as it looks like the complaint of one person who do,s not agree with me has enough power to bring about an editing,,oh well , we,ll see how this Narromine debarkle go,s next year ah, might give up and just go and buy an rv9 or something , so I can look educated enough to comment on this forum .And just so everybody knows I am commenting on the issues at narramine from reports of close friends who did attend and where dissatisfied with things like food selection and availability and cost,[some waited over 1/2 hr just for a simple 6in pizza and lack of drainage at the areas posted for underwing camping resulting in wet beds, and overbearing PA system if close to it , and non hearable if not etc,,,not to mention the 6ft FENCE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

(no complaints received, moderator, not Ian, decided that you should play the topic, not insult the members publishing comments, whether you agree with them or not. Please, if you disagree, and that is your right, moderate the insults. As I said, play the topic, not the author.....mod)

Firstly my shirt, I was going to upload this on the day but couldn't from my phone. (I don't mind if anyone wants to copy it, it may suit a few here:amazon:)

IMG_5247.JPG.0b2046278a64f1e086d22dbb37a33efb.JPG

Next my Little girl. Note the FREE face painting! Also note the "reasonable" barrier between us and the air show.

IMG_5252.JPG.0c707dd7f65084135bb6eec5e02ce39c.JPG

My little boy, Note the smile and paper aeroplane. (Face was painted but I don't think to take pictures that make sense.)

IMG_5249.JPG.2a7810592674c17820bcbd8acee5fd7e.JPG

Next is the paper plane competition which was a huge hit with the kiddies, it was a fair lineup to have a go! Note the planes not separated from the children by anything other than air! Ps my little fella in the under 5 paper plane division scored a neat bag with a nice hat and drink bottle. (Could have gone to all under fives but not sure as I wasn't there) he was stoked and hasn't taken the hat off since.

IMG_5246.JPG.5a2a9d584b0692be854c45c5c46eb693.JPG

And for good measure a couple of pics of "the fence". Note the people walking freely to and fro on the far side of it. I didn't count the planes that flew in but considering the weather it was IMHO a good turnout.

IMG_5248.JPG.7c0f6ce983334fa8568de08de397fb69.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG.1171766832e53b9ee8497d6dd0365933.JPG

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 3

Maybe the fence should be viewed differently, that theres a significant number of show attendees, including those flying in, too miserable to pay for the entrance fee that necessitated a fence?

Also it isnt an RAA event, they are one of a group supporting the event, I think others were larger contributors, and a good structure to prevent risk was arranged. There are no profits, all money returns to those who backed it. At best they "loose a little less"

The current organiser, some seem intent of flogging, is charging less than half what the previous airshow organiser did AND cannot keep any profit.

Photos may be scarce due to wet weather for two of the three days

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

A three day pass cost peanuts compared to many events I've been to. I got wet, but dried out quickly. Yes, there were lots of puddles around- if you want a nice flat runway you often get drainage issues. I have an unusual diet, yet found plenty of good food, prepared quickly with a smile.

Once I discovered the short-cut, walking to my plane on my dodgy knee was no problem.

I was actually glad of the fence; it seemed to keep the public away from our fragile aeroplanes.

I'm sure the organisers will sort some of the teething problems. I'll be back next year.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Thanks Ian for editing my post as it looks like the complaint of one person who do,s not agree with me has enough power to bring about an editing,,oh well , we,ll see how this Narromine debarkle go,s next year ah, might give up and just go and buy an rv9 or something , so I can look educated enough to comment on this forum .And just so everybody knows I am commenting on the issues at narramine from reports of close friends who did attend and where dissatisfied with things like food selection and availability and cost,[some waited over 1/2 hr just for a simple 6in pizza and lack of drainage at the areas posted for underwing camping resulting in wet beds, and overbearing PA system if close to it , and non hearable if not etc,,,not to mention the 6ft FENCE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(no complaints received, moderator, not Ian, decided that you should play the topic, not insult the members publishing comments, whether you agree with them or not. Please, if you disagree, and that is your right, moderate the insults. As I said, play the topic, not the author.....mod)

(edited...mod) it looks like everyone had a reasonable time , besides not being trusted to pay the entrance fee, needing a 6ft fence even though as you can see a perfectly good 1 mt high fence was already there and I do think the cost of hiring and setting up that "fence 'really would have cost more then the odd loss from a few fence jumpers, just my take .

I nearly laughed tea over the computer. Monck n Co will issue the glowing positive spin on this before the week is out is my expectation. After all NOTHING in RAAus is less than positive in all aspects.Let’s face it even the worse than planned financial report this year got a lovely “accounting” spin about without depreciation of all these lovely new assets we built itd be fine ... except of course the budget he’s comparing to and not meeting already had to include the known depreciation of the prior years asset creation.

And the absolute cynic in me is screaming that it’s not a member organisation anymore ... it’s a company and so long as there is still cash in the kitty the directors and management will continue on

I hate to say "I told you so..." but if anyone cares to look back at my posts about RA Aus being run by "professional managers" ... I told you so!

And this week a nice colour booklet and a spiffy little foldout came in the mail. I'm guessing that everyone got one of these, yet somehow we "can't afford" to print Sport Pilot anymore??? At least they could run advertising in the mag.

BTW, You're right Kasper, it's not a member organisation anymore.

PS: Two years ago, at Evans head, I brought up the fact that RA Aus stopped sending out the little clear adhesive pockets for the rego cards for new regos. I got resoundingly slapped down by the two Michaels on the basis that there would be no more rego cards for planes, everything would be done electronicly, hence no need for the pockets. Yet two years on and we still have the little plastic rego cards. Methinks the two amigos get their ambitions and their abilities mixed up.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

Firstly my shirt, I was going to upload this on the day but couldn't from my phone. (I don't mind if anyone wants to copy it, it may suit a few here:amazon:)[ATTACH=full]52302[/ATTACH]

Next my Little girl. Note the FREE face painting! Also note the "reasonable" barrier between us and the air show.

[ATTACH=full]52303[/ATTACH]

My little boy, Note the smile and paper aeroplane. (Face was painted but I don't think to take pictures that make sense.)

[ATTACH=full]52304[/ATTACH]

Next is the paper plane competition which was a huge hit with the kiddies, it was a fair lineup to have a go! Note the planes not separated from the children by anything other than air! Ps my little fella in the under 5 paper plane division scored a neat bag with a nice hat and drink bottle. (Could have gone to all under fives but not sure as I wasn't there) he was stoked and hasn't taken the hat off since.

[ATTACH=full]52305[/ATTACH]

And for good measure a couple of pics of "the fence". Note the people walking freely to and fro on the far side of it. I didn't count the planes that flew in but considering the weather it was IMHO a good turnout.

[ATTACH=full]52306[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]52307[/ATTACH]

Thanks SQ - Proves the point doesn't it.

Thanks SQ - Proves the point doesn't it.

Which point? I would like to think it proves the point that the fence wasn't a huge deal. I would also like to think it proves it was an enjoyable outing enjoyed by most. (Obviously not enjoyed by those who weren't there)

• Like 3

Which point? I would like to think it proves the point that the fence wasn't a huge deal. I would also like to think it proves it was an enjoyable outing enjoyed by most. (Obviously not enjoyed by those who weren't there)

Yes both of those.

• Like 1

And not enjoyed by a few who where there too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,There is always two sides to every story, ,,,and to gloss over things is showing how RAA has become a political organisation now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And not enjoyed by a few who where there too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,There is always two sides to every story, ,,,and to gloss over things is showing how RAA has become a political organisation now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We now have photos of the fence to judge for ourselves. This issue appears to be nothing to do with RAA, so no point flogging them.

• Agree 3

This thread should be cancelled. It was started by someone who wasn't there but with an axe to grind. It was then fuelled by those who have similar axes to grind. Those who were there tried in vain to provide a reasonable explanation and most actually thought the flyin was good. When it was found that the debarkle (debacle) wasn't what it seemed nothing changed. Get a life and move on.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Winner 3