Single Seat Aircraft

ATEC Solo - Pre loved - its in Europe unfortunately but if the price is right https://www.planecheck.com/eu/aspdet.asp?nr=49883.

Fantastic performance about $50 K Au but importation /registration/GST will add another approximately $10 K - Still for $60K you get incredible performance & econamy.

I am thinking of hanging up the headset. I reckon 85 years old is good enough for me. That means I will have my Corby to go to a good home sometime soon.

Haven't thought about price.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yenn said:

I am thinking of hanging up the headset. I reckon 85 years old is good enough for me. That means I will have my Corby to go to a good home sometime soon.

Haven't thought about price.

That is a great achievement Yenn. I hope I can get close to matching you.

• Agree 1

There is a Corby in my hangar that the guy hasnt flown for about 4 years..has a Jab 80hp in it...it used to go really quick but not sure why it hasnt moved for that time...cowling is off so maybe a engine issue..probably get it pretty cheap

If you have the $$, I'd get a small 2 seater over a roomy single seat. Even if its' only somewhere to throw your nav bag & water bottle.

There's a couple of Jabiru's for sale on the RAAus classifieds for $26.5 and $27.0 and a GR912 for sale down Tasmania way but both obviously not singles. I saw a Sapphire for sale that I'm thinking about buying if its' still around when I've moved house, for $11.5 but I'm told they aren't that great for taller pilots - and it has a '447 in it, and you said you're after a 4-stroke. 

Check out Lightwing's page - they look to have a Pocket Rocket with a 582 available now for $12K. That's good value, even if it is a 2 stroke...