Guess the plane

Guest Pioneer200

Thanks Willie. I knew it was a Burnelli, but not which model. Interesting comment in the text to the UB-14 listing: "Arthur Pew was republican, Roosevelt was democrat, and, as expectable, they didn‘t like each other. In fact, they hated themselves. That was it."

• 1 year later...
The Burnelli doesn't look so bad compared to some.There's enough out there to start an ugly aircraft thread.

[ATTACH=full]45111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]45112[/ATTACH]

Gerin Varivol.

Tunison Scout.

And it’s not the ARV2 either.

Handy to leave the reg on because. I thought immediately it’s the German produced version from Bölkow the 208 junior but that pic is Swedish reg so it’s the original malmo MFI-9 junior

And it’s not the ARV2 either.Handy to leave the reg on because. I thought immediately it’s the German produced version from Bölkow the 208 junior but that pic is Swedish reg so it’s the original malmo MFI-9 junior

I did say that it was an easy peasy one ! I could have blocked the reg, but why make it too hard ? It's just a bit of fun.

These aircraft are quite nice to fly,. . I had the opportunity to fly one in 2007 in France. Very positive control even at low speeds. . although, the horizontal Left / Right view is pants, due to the position of the shoulder mounted mainplanes. . . .

Now. . .who can tell me what variant of '109' is shown in this picture.

It was taken at a Luftwaffe base in in the Mediterranean. . . .no more clues.

166148558_BF109PILOT.jpg.a184ec2ead0d68b4bd25e2efd2024ac0.jpg

This bloke with the cheezy grin is using a USAF flotation device retrieved from a shot down Bomber, as a backrest.

He looks a nice enough bloke doesn't he ?. . .remember that a large number of Luftwaffe pilots were NOT members of the Nazi party. .

Flightradar24 lists it as a SAAB:[ATTACH=full]52016[/ATTACH]

Swedish aircraft register confirms early 60s, so Malmo MFI-9 from pre-Saab days.

SE-CPG

Luftfartygstyp MFI-9

Tillverkningsnr 2-933

Tillverkningsår 1962

Max startvikt (kg) 625

Luftvärdighetshandling giltig t.o.m. 2018-06-30

Registreringsdatum 1999-07-02

Now. . .who can tell me what variant of '109' is shown in this picture.It was taken at a Luftwaffe base in in the Mediterranean. . . .no more clues.

Well, I'll preface this by warning that I'm one of the worst plane identifiers going (once painted a model typhoon the wrong design because I didn't notice the image I looked up was a tempest until I was half way through), but, what the heck... I'm gonna guess it's a BF109G?

Specific version, no clue, but what the heck, swing and a miss... BF109G-1? lol

Well, I'll preface this by warning that I'm one of the worst plane identifiers going (once painted a model typhoon the wrong design because I didn't notice the image I looked up was a tempest until I was half way through), but, what the heck... I'm gonna guess it's a BF109G?Specific version, no clue, but what the heck, swing and a miss... BF109G-1? lol

G1+ a handful?

Pilot is reportedly Alfred Grislawski.

Alfred Grislawski - Wikipedia

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Two planes here, one easy one in the background, and in the foreground is the (not exact model version) first plane I ever flew back in 99/00! Whenever someone asks me about the first flight, and I tell them about this plane I get some blank faces back, so just putting it out to the room :)

[GALLERY=media, 4027]Guess Planes by Pominaus posted Oct 1, 2017 at 8:38 PM[/GALLERY]

P.S. I've seen some people looking up tail numbers - naughty - so I redacted them with virtual tip-ex prop.gif.61637aee349faef03caaa77c2d86cf41.gif

Two planes here, one easy one in the background, and in the foreground is the (not exact model version) first plane I ever flew back in 99/00! Whenever someone asks me about the first flight, and I tell them about this plane I get some blank faces back, so just putting it out to the room :)[GALLERY=media, 4027]Guess Planes by Pominaus posted Oct 1, 2017 at 8:38 PM[/GALLERY]

P.S. I've seen some people looking up tail numbers - naughty - so I redacted them with virtual tip-ex prop.gif.61637aee349faef03caaa77c2d86cf41.gif

Grob 115 Tutor, but the one in the back has got me stumped! 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

• Winner 1