In Loving Memory

Admin

We are a community here...a community of friends that help and support each other not just in our flying endeavours but also in our lives as we all share the common bond of recreational aviation.

A very long time member of our community, BigPete, advised me today of the passing of his beloved wife Anne on Tuesday:

---

My Girl

After a short hard fought battle, my beautiful wife Anne has died of cancer. She left us on late last Tuesday. We only found out about her condition two days before the Temora Flyin.

I re-arranged Dereks (Decca) flight with a friend of mine so he wouldn't miss out. When I told Anne she said "get back on the phone and change it back - you're going to Temora with Derek". She was a wonderful sweet girl and I will miss her so much.

So now she is with Derek who I know will look after her. One more angel in Heaven.

---

For those that knew, Derek (Decca) a "rampant" user here passed away from Cancer recently and BigPete wanted to take him to his first NatFly at Temora and even though BigPete and Anne had only just been told the news BigPete still went out of his way to get Derek to Temora.

BigPete, you are amongst friends here and I can say on behalf of every single member that our thoughts and condolences are with you and your family.

It goes without saying but if there is anything we can do for you in any way please just ask.

Guest JRMobile

BigPete

Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought from the rec flying community.

John and Louise

Pete,

Truely a very sad and tragic end. We understand what you are going through as Alf lost his first wife through cancer. It just does no seem fair that someone so good should be taken from us like this, but in the end the sun shines again and we find hope and a reason to go on. Alf firmly believes that his Shirley organised for me to come into his life to do for him the things she could no longer do, and that, even though she was gone, she was still looking after him. I'm sure it will be the same for you.

Regards

Sue & Alf

Guest davidh10

BigPete;

Although I am too new to this forum to really know you, it is always sad to hear such news about anyone. Know that you have the support of many people in this difficult time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

BigPete,I`m always stuck for words at a time like this because I couldn`t possibly understand how you truely feel so I simply say, " All the very best to you, now and for the future".

Frank.

Deepest sympathy to you and your family BigPete.

I can just imagine Decca beyond the Pearly Gates, in the "Just Landed" area, cheerfully greeting the new arrivals, like he did here.

Peter

As Ian has stated BigPete, we are all a big family in here joined by the love of aviation and I know that even though we have never met personally, I was saddened to hear this news and my thoughts are with you at this time.

You are always a positive and friendly presence in here and would of course be married to a positive and wonderful person. Stay safe and talk soon mate.

Guest Maj Millard

My condolences on your very sad loss Bigpete.

We are all family here, and we also feel your pain at this time. I know we all look foward to your continued friendship in the future, when the road gets a bit smoother for you.

Hang in there mate ............................................Regards, Maj