DIY Funnies

Thirsty

A recent video post prompted me to start this thread. Please add your own to this short list:

When I started in the RAAF it was common practice to send the new guys out for stuff that didn't exist. I witnessed a couple of these but fortunately was never a victim:

Propeller Pitch

Black and yellow striped paint

3" hole remover

K9P (think about it!)

Left handed screwdriver

My fav - A long weight

LOL a bloke i knew was a Cook before he remustered to a Airframe fitter.Anyway he was asked to get some K9P from tool store.He came back with a container and said to the corporal."I couldnt find any K9P so will my pee do?" It was so funny.He knew most of the sayings they tried a get people with.

I work in airline ground ops...

Over the years most of the new guys have been handed a set of binoculars and sent out to the top of the mobile stairs with a radio to watch the skies for an approacing red airliner... as the whole airport watches and takes photos and giggle at the comments as they perform the "most important job at the airport"...

The newest guy spent three days looking for a "Blind Dog Wheelchair" which we claimed to have misplaced... For those of you who don't know we use a blind dog wheel chair to take blind dogs of the aircraft in the lifter.

Boy was he ****ed off when he discovered the truth!

I remember I was seconded to 35SQN for a month once and while I was there a young newbie arrived from Engine section wanting a long weight. We made him sit down and left him to it. Took him about 3 hours to decide to get up and go back to where he came from. We were laughing so hard we were crying. What made it funnier was you could see him getting mad but he couldn't say anything 'cause everyone around him outranked him!

we sent an apprentice down the road to get some punched holes,,,he came back about 1/2 hour later carrying a piece of steel about 800x200and 20mm thick reckons the guys said they'd run out but he should be able to get some out of the (fr!ggin heavy)offcut

I got sent over to the canteen to ask the ladies for a packet of baked ovaries......Wham!

Working as the storeman gave me the opportunity to come into the hangar, swearing and cursing that the AMEs had not been signing out parts and equipment as instructed and so we were out of propwash. I barked at the new apprentice to race up to the opposition hangar and see if they could give him a quart.

OME

At the electronics firm I worked for, I gave a new apprentice a one pound note, and sent him to the government surplus store down the road for a bottle of low emmision.

He came back with and old radio valve which was cracked across the top, and the receipt was marked "no refund on this item"

It cost me 5 bob to pull this prank.

When teaching (in a high school, mind you!) I gave two boys the job of burying a deceased class pet (guinea pig). They dug a big hole, solemnly committed the deceased and back filled the grave. They reported back and asked what to do with the left-over dirt. When told to go dig another hole and bury the excess, that's just what they tried to do

• 3 weeks later...

Well we have a window company and did send an apprentice 500 mts down the road to an engineering firm run by a mate to ask for a long weight ( window weight--legitimate ask ). Well about an hour later back he came on his bike apologizing for taking so long but they weren't very helpfull he said.

The funny part was he had this one metre lenght of solid stainless steel rod about 50 mm diameter which weighed heaps and was a struggle on his bike--Hell, bloody good weight, what do I do now.

Well I looked at this rod which had a 10 mm hole tapped in one end and said " take this back and tell the idiot that it is the wrong thread"

He woke up to it about another hour later after sitting in the engineering factory again.

Terry

Years ago my then boss told me of a chap who was asked to fill a wheat bag with water. After an hour or so one of the other guys went to see him standing with the bag under the tap. He asked the guy why he was so gullible. He replied that while he was doing this he was not doing anything else.

Phil.

there was an old hand painting the tips of a prop in 3 different colour bands. He had a special paint pot with 3 compartments ans a brush made in 3 segments, so when he sent an apprentice to get some more red, white and blue striped paint, he wasn't questioned.

A metric/imperial/WW shifting spanner......

Gotta love them

You get them to paint the up/down chain on the endless chain different colours, so you can easily figure what is up or down.

Radiator cap for me VW Beetle

Left hand hammer

Left hand flat washer - most important ;) (btw many people don't realize you need left hand spring washers if it's left hand thread!)

Nothing to do except waite for the blow and see what happens so I`ll join in.

Late teens, I was working with a crew putting up huts for the army. I was drilling holes in the cement slabs to fit dynabolts( Never done it before,Not an excuse however).

One of the carpenters came over and said that the best way to get the cement out of the hole was to blow in it.

Without thinking and being eager to please,I blew in the hole......you guessed it....Cement powder all over the face. 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif025_blush.gif.8e2ecc192cc98853ac4370dddcd7cf74.gif025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif

Frank.